CEL after OBD2B to OBD1 conversion - O2 Sensor B code - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 10:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Default CEL after OBD2B to OBD1 conversion - O2 Sensor B code

Hi. I bought a chipped P28 and here in India, Honda released a sort of a mini-me with a D15B SOHC VTEC block and a D16__ head. It's an OBD2B configuration. The stock ECU - 37820-PJT-xxxxx runs fine, so it's not the engine or the sensors.

However, as soon as I connect the chipped P28 (with ostrich2) with any map, the CEL comes on. On checking for the ECU codes, it came as LONG LONG, or 2, which is Secondary O2 sensor. I don't know how many o2 sensors my car has, or what I'm supposed to do to fix this problem.

Tried a few P28 and P30 maps without a wideband (bung to be welded tomorrow), but the P30 maps were pure suckage, and only the P28 maps allowed the car to even idle properly. From the datalogging, AFR is shown as rich. Without a wideband, I cannot figure out the actual AFR. The stock P28 map (didn't remove checksum protection) allowed me to idle best, but since the ECU is from an automatic, I didn't bother driving the car around with it.

If someone could help me out here, I'd surely appreciate it. Thanks for the help!
cyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 07:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

To longs is code 20 disable eld in crome or whatever you are using. Eld is a us thing only. Don’t know what p28 you have? usdm? jdm? edm?

Convert it to manual search pgm-fi.org https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...nual-swap.html this is for a usdm ecu
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 09-15-2009 at 07:48 PM.
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 01:28 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 21 cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!
cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!cyanide is the fucking MAN!!!!

It's an auto USDM P28 chipped and converted to manual. Will try disabling ELD today, thanks for that tip.

Old 09-16-2009, 10:02 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

So now I had 3 error codes, 14, 20 and 22. This was with a base P30 map with fuelling and ignition values taken from a P08 (base P28 ) D15B tables. Disabled IACV, ELD and VTEC and the CEL went off. However, VTEC works with my stock ecu, so it's something to do with the chipped ECU. I will try disabling the vtec checks tomorrow and see if that works. Any tips on how to fix the IACV or VTEC errors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help already, took a short trip around my block and although the car was surging between 1k-2k rpm (it's probably the maps since I haven't touched them yet), it was running quite well otherwise.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:39 AM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 13 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

It could possibly throw the IACV code if its sticking due to carbon build up which in turn would cause the surge issue. Try cleaning it out, i know theres a diy around on the internet and which your at it check the FITV and make sure thats tight.
Drumritter258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 04:44 PM   #6 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
So now I had 3 error codes, 14, 20 and 22. This was with a base P30 map with fuelling and ignition values taken from a P08 (base P28 ) D15B tables. Disabled IACV, ELD and VTEC and the CEL went off. However, VTEC works with my stock ecu, so it's something to do with the chipped ECU. I will try disabling the vtec checks tomorrow and see if that works. Any tips on how to fix the IACV or VTEC errors will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help already, took a short trip around my block and although the car was surging between 1k-2k rpm (it's probably the maps since I haven't touched them yet), it was running quite well otherwise.
Eld off should have fixed the 20, 22 dose your motor have a vtec pressure switch if not ther is your problem disable it? 14 dont know run the diag by the book hondatech.info: Honda service manuals or look over your conversion harness.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
Old 09-16-2009, 04:53 PM   #7 (permalink)

o If your iac has 3 wires you fail
or pm
Old 09-19-2009, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

So my iac does have 3 wires. What can I do to fix it?
Old 09-19-2009, 02:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 15 99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all99d15b is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 11 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyanide View Post
So my iac does have 3 wires. What can I do to fix it?
You can search
99d15b is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2009, 11:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99d15b View Post
You can search
Sorry, I did search but used the wrong keywords and no results. Later found out that I have to get a 2 wire IACV, no way around that, and not going to bother with it right now. Also found out how to solve the VTP issue. Thanks for the help guys, +rep to everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in