How To Take Off D16Y8 Clutch - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default How To Take Off D16Y8 Clutch

Im having trouble taking off my d16y8 clutch. i got my tranny off and now i need the clutch off to put on my d15b motor. Help?

Pm or call me asap 416 270 0143
JdmHondaDomani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 04:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 Drumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like BoratDrumritter258 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 25 reviews

12 point 10mm i believe around the pressure plate. remove pressure plate and clutch disc. then to reinstall on the other motor use an alignment tool to hold the disk in place. reinstall pressure plate and torque to spec.
Drumritter258 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

how do i stop the pulley from spinning? when i turn the bolt it spins the whole thing
JdmHondaDomani is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

powa tools that goes zzippppp ziiippp
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:55 PM   #5 (permalink)

EG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the skyEG6-Jarhead is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 33 reviews

ive tapped the wrench with a small hammer b4 to get them off....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

• 1992 CX Hatch
  • H22A4 GT3582R 18PSI
  • 10.81 @ 137mph

REP BACK!
EG6-Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 04:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 mdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
powa tools that goes zzippppp ziiippp
yup yup.

"When Congress passes new emission standards, we hire 50 more engineers and GM hires 50 more lawyers." Quote by Soichiro Honda
mdog244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano89s1 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 12 reviews

get a friend to hold the motor with a breaker bar on the crank pulley bolt.

if no one is available just rest the breaker bar on the ground or against the crossmember or something

89s1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 05:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle96EKdowork is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 18 reviews

yeah find a way to hold that crank pulley bolt and pull the pressure plate bolts off and SHAZAAM!

make sure to use some loctite on those pressure plate bolts when putting the new clutch on... just a little bit of insurance

Bone stock f20b turbo 330hp/240tq - sold
Bone stock 97 civic dx hatch - sold
Fully built lsvtec crx 594hp/420tq 110 octane - current
96EKdowork is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 03:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Put one of the tranny bolts back in and use a pry bar to hold the flywheel in place. You can have an assistant hold it or rig up a setup like I did in this pic.

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 10:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sql_civic View Post
Put one of the tranny bolts back in and use a pry bar to hold the flywheel in place. You can have an assistant hold it or rig up a setup like I did in this pic.

great idea never thought of that...but i use air tools so no need i guess
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 12:52 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

Quote:

i wouldn't do that,plus whya re u using oem jack stand?
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 01:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
one grumpy old man

Rep Power: 19 Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!Darin T is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

or cut a lil piece of flat bar and drill a hole in it so you can put it between the bolt hole and the flywheel.

FARMYARD
10.677 @ 136.54 vitara z6/y8 2013
10.967 @ 129.57 vitara z6/y8 2012
10.437 @ 133.72 vitara a6/y8 2011
10.583 @ 137.00 vitara a6/y8 2010
Darin T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2009, 01:54 PM   #13 (permalink)
No Tune No Life!

Rep Power: 18 Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
Drag4life723 is hot as a volcanoDrag4life723 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 26 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Drag4life723

Quote:
Originally Posted by JdmHondaDomani View Post
Im having trouble taking off my d16y8 clutch. i got my tranny off and now i need the clutch off to put on my d15b motor. Help?

Pm or call me asap 416 270 0143
These guys are willing to help you but word of the wise dont post a clutch question in ENGINE MANAGEMENT!!!! and DONT POST YOU PHONE NUMBER thats how bad things happen. lol

some one relocate this to Transmission Alley.

if you post in the right spot people will be more willing to help.
D16Z6 12.5:1cr [email protected] NA [email protected] 55shot

Drag4life723 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 08:42 AM   #14 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 geigs is learning the way of the Dgeigs is learning the way of the D

Quote:

Not sure how safe the oem jack is with the cinderblock, but hey- you're still alive!

geigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-22-2009, 10:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Location: where there is a whole state between me and the ex...
sloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the skysloopy is about to kiss the sky
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by geigs View Post
Not sure how safe the oem jack is with the cinderblock, but hey- you're still alive!
the oem jack is designed for lifting the corner of the car for short periods, so holding part of the engine it should be fine, probly only about 100 to 150lbs at most on it... i have done this before, but when i had spare $$$ i bought a second cheap hydraulic jack for this... sometimes you have to make do with what you have...

jb weld fixes all your engine and trans problems ;')

sloopy.

Quote:
Originally posted by
:
omg...........do your research...a question like this will bring out the pitch forks and torches..save yourself and run to the search function.......
sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2009, 11:00 PM   #16 (permalink)

Safety! What?
Docta2002 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in