Car is surging dont know why - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Car is surging dont know why

ok so i have checked the iacv and the fiv both are good and my car is still sending out the code for the iacv. I bought a new iacv thinking that would fix it well i just wasted $200 cause it still doing it. Dont know what else it could be if somebody could point me in the right direction that be great.
sik_civik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2009, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Too much VTEC?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 02:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Jeezy View Post
Too much VTEC?
LOL at that...

anyways is it only on start up and after it idles does it go down? or if it just does it all the time, vacuum leak more likely. i'd check all hoses and all possible points that air can escape. and as far as the code....did you make sure your connection is good to your IACV? also try to disconnect your battery and wait about i dk a few min then connect it again, see if that resets your ecu. hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MR 95 ex coupe- CAF!-R.I.P. put into a wall by work..

MR 94 ex coupe- from the effing canigits eh?

Quote:
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

it idles high all the time even after awhile i checked for vacuum leaks and nothing no leaks, whenever i disconnect the iacv it goes back to a regular idle
Old 09-14-2009, 03:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik_civik View Post
it idles high all the time even after awhile i checked for vacuum leaks and nothing no leaks, whenever i disconnect the iacv it goes back to a regular idle
Did you do the thumb test?

Lukefsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 03:32 PM   #6 (permalink)

thumb test?
Old 09-14-2009, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Take off your intake tube, on your TB there are 2 holes, one right on top of the other on the left side. The bottom hole is the FITV (plug that hole with your thimb during the idle surge and it should either stop the surge or well...not stop it lol) That will determine if the FITV is busted and vise versa for the whole on the top. Are the wires going to the IACV ok? I could imagine if the wire is shorting or even just cut it would do that.

Here you go >THE END OF ALL Idle Surge - Bounce - etc Problems Thread - Honda-Tech
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Bubbles in your radiator?
Old 09-15-2009, 12:21 AM   #9 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_bobos View Post
Bubbles in your radiator?
that has NO effect, just a myth.

My car pukes a quart every 100 miles into the overflow tank, never a idle issue.

1/2 gallon low on coolant, running hot, idle was rock steady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 01:50 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

i dunno man .. when my car gets low on antifreeze it surges!!! Kinda a warning that i need water... check the level and bleed the system.. hope this helps!!
weirtonzoo@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 07:32 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
i dunno man .. when my car gets low on antifreeze it surges!!! Kinda a warning that i need water... check the level and bleed the system.. hope this helps!!
Never had that happen and no offence, I'm going to go with "that other guy" you know, the one who knows what he is talking about? hahah
Old 09-15-2009, 09:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
endo_bobo

Rep Power: 38 sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sir_bobos is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via MSN to sir_bobos

Hmm yeah I'll trust trans, gotta say I've bleed my system and it still surges.
Old 09-15-2009, 10:19 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 smellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to smellslikerice

im also having a surging problem and cant figure out why

https://www.d-series.org/forums/engin...15b-block.html
smellslikerice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 12:20 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I cant belive how many idle threads this site gets.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukefsi View Post
I cant belive how many idle threads this site gets.
because no one searches before posting
and
because the thread titles suck ass so no real point in searching lol

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 jollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow upjollyroger494 is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

well if it just idles high then do an adjustment with to 10 mm wrenches to lower your idle. but if it actually is surging then yeah check the honda tech or other threads and see if they help. ive usually just seen surging with vacuum leaks or faulty connections.

MR 95 ex coupe- CAF!-R.I.P. put into a wall by work..

MR 94 ex coupe- from the effing canigits eh?

Quote:
I'd fuck that like she was the economy and I was obama!
Quote:
Grab her by the throat and fuck that bitch silly. If she tries to fight just whisper in her ear "don't turn this rape into a murder"
jollyroger494 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 PM   #17 (permalink)

Is for some reason your throttle cable to tight? lol That'll do it. And did you take a second to click the link I posted, it totally says all the stuff that would cause an idle surge...
Old 09-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

hey guys thanks for the advice but i need my car up and running so i just sent it to a mechanic i am tired of fucking with it been fucking with it for like 3 weeks trying to figure out that stupid shit and i had no luck tried what yall said and i cant find the problem
Old 09-15-2009, 06:25 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik_civik View Post
hey guys thanks for the advice but i need my car up and running so i just sent it to a mechanic i am tired of fucking with it been fucking with it for like 3 weeks trying to figure out that stupid shit and i had no luck tried what yall said and i cant find the problem
Well now you have to tell us about the entire experience lol. Like how much they charged you and what they did lol.
Old 09-15-2009, 06:34 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

yeah like whats the mechanic going to that you couldnt? He'll probably be on here asking how to fix it Lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in