Apexi neo with wide-band/ oil pressure gauges - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Apexi neo with wide-band/ oil pressure gauges

I have an Apexi neo, and have plans to upgrade my o2sensor to a wide-band for tuning and monitoring purposes. I am Wondering if i can use my Apexi Neo as the gauge instead of buying a gauge and sensor like the AEM unit. Has anyone tried doing so? I don't see a reason why it wont work since it already can display your narrow-band a/f's, would be pretty neat if it could also show your wide-band a/f's to save $$'s from buying another gauge.

Also one more question, Which product do you guys recommend for monitor oil pressure?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Bumb, anyone? heh
Old 09-15-2009, 12:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Just because it can display your narrowband a/f's (idk what that even means b/c it would more or less be lean-stoich-rich) doesn't mean it can display wideband afr's (it's a voltage thing).

Oil pressure gauge - Prosport electric.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

narrow 0-1 volts
wide 0-5 volts
hit up Apexi see if it can take 5v
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
narrow 0-1 volts
wide 0-5 volts
hit up Apexi see if it can take 5v
thank you, that makes sense
Old 09-16-2009, 08:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2

i would like to know as well!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Narrow band oscilates a lot but notice how its steady at full throttle. My car is tuned to 13.5:1 in the low end and my narrow band lingers around 3/4 rich... when its oscilation you pay attention to your high value idling and cruising but because temperature (egts) and other things can mess with a narrowband its not really a good tuning device. So there technically is a way to monitor a/f's with a narrowband but wouldn't be advised. You can find the 0-1v chart for a/f ratios on google. I'm sure you can change the input. And if not you can buy a wideband for 189.00. Why not just get it.. you won't really just plug in the 02 sensor. You would probably end up with the innovative gauges-less setup to use with your neo if it works and you will be good to go. So just look around.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

Took a peak at prosportgauges.com, got one of their oil pressure gauges. Does the sending unit go under the oil filter? or oil pump? Probably just going to get an AEM Uego and call it a day.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in