No Clue whats wrong with my car.... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default No Clue whats wrong with my car....

Don't know what thread to put this in so I just guessed.....I have tried to search for the same issues but all i could find was people that aren't Turbo'd.....

Well let me give a full explanation. When i am driving down the road my car runs ok...but if i let off the gas at all it will "jolt" kind of like if the fuel just shutting off. When I put it in neutral and coast, it idles around 2000. Then when I come to a stop, it will drop to about 800ish, then jump back to 1500 or higher a couple times then sometimes ... Read Moresettle around 1500, or just fluctuate up and down (its always different)....also when I get in the car, soemtimes it wont start (like a lack of fuel issue). so If I reach down and touch the fuse box you can hear my ECU click on, and the car will start ....but driving down the road I try pushing and shaking the fuse box and the car runs fine....I looked around down there and didn't see anything loose...Also, sometimes the car will "shutter" as if I am in to high of a gear....but it doesn't matter what gear i am in.....It's friggin wierd..... I am a descent mechanic....when you guys respond please try not to use acronyms for internet lingo...

I am leaning towards the IACV being fried but I am not totally sold on it yet....its to expensive of a part to just guess....I have tried cleaning the valve and it moves fine.....

If anyone has any ideas please help....

The car is turbo'd and I have 130.000 plus miles on it....
spdyslvrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2009, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Infamous Kanjozoku hatch

Rep Power: 34 dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !dougshatch is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dougshatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdyslvrex View Post
Don't know what thread to put this in so I just guessed.....I have tried to search for the same issues but all i could find was people that aren't Turbo'd.....

Well let me give a full explanation. When i am driving down the road my car runs ok...but if i let off the gas at all it will "jolt" kind of like if the fuel just shutting off. When I put it in neutral and coast, it idles around 2000. Then when I come to a stop, it will drop to about 800ish, then jump back to 1500 or higher a couple times then sometimes ... Read Moresettle around 1500, or just fluctuate up and down (its always different)....also when I get in the car, soemtimes it wont start (like a lack of fuel issue). so If I reach down and touch the fuse box you can hear my ECU click on, and the car will start ....but driving down the road I try pushing and shaking the fuse box and the car runs fine....I looked around down there and didn't see anything loose...Also, sometimes the car will "shutter" as if I am in to high of a gear....but it doesn't matter what gear i am in.....It's friggin wierd..... I am a descent mechanic....when you guys respond please try not to use acronyms for internet lingo...

I am leaning towards the IACV being fried but I am not totally sold on it yet....its to expensive of a part to just guess....I have tried cleaning the valve and it moves fine.....

If anyone has any ideas please help....

The car is turbo'd and I have 130.000 plus miles on it....

IACV could be your issus, it make the idle funny so you might want to take the iacv out n clean it up with carb cleaner if its teh same, try go to the junkyard n find teh iacv for cheaper

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My kanjozoku project
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

dougshatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

12ozwrecker It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

its the first thing i thought of....
Yours might be pretty bad if its acting up thatbad....

Quote:
A true hot rodder is a hot rodder plain and simple Brand age etc is not that important....We are here because we hot rod Hondas, not because we ONLY hot rod Hondas.
word.
12ozwrecker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 06:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Any codes?
You could have a vac leak spray brake clean on all the vac sources and see if the idle picks up. Lets say you spray the intake gasket and rpm picks way up you have a leak at the gasket.

You could try playing with you idle air bleed screw.
If you have a fast idle thermo valve you may take it apart and clean it. The plunges are nutrias for coming loose and letting air in when it should be closes.

You could have a tuning issue. Or a bad iac.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

As i said in the first post I have tried cleaning it.

Today when i left from work the car started fine, drove home fine. I even jumped on it a little on the way home just for fun. I feel that if I mess with the Idle screw it would changed the idle for the whole thing? in other words...If i change the idle while its at 1500 or just fluctuating, when it decides to idle where its supposed to (850) it would actually go lower. I hope this makes sense, I cant really explain it any other way...
spdyslvrex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in