EMS EPM Hall sensor crank trigger all that shit - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org ŧ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction ŧ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 09:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 airride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default EMS EPM Hall sensor crank trigger all that shit

Alright I decide to start this thread to hear and learn more ideas on Dizzy less and individual coil setups like bisi is running and like the oem D17 setup. Now Iīll be running a Stand alone unit thats made here in Brazil that sells for about $800 dollar and can be installed in any 1,2,3,4,5,6,8 and 12 cylinder engine. I have heard alot of good things about itīs being used in the US already. So if the gringos like it then I should too. YouTube - FuelTech nos Estados Unidos

Ok enought of talking, I am curently trying to figure out what would cost me less for a Hall/crank sensor. I have seen the AEM EPM, seen this japenise shit that plug straight to you dizzy, also the hall sensors that alot of people are using on the cam gears of b16s ( There is actualy a kit ) and last but not Iīve seen a member of onecamonly ( I wont mension his user name to avoid problems) using a d17 crank trigger on the d15. Now is any one in de process of doing this setup that can pitch in their 2cent on low cost alternitives for removing the dizzy and using coildpacks? The standalone Iīll be using can use any type of sensor from the oem dizzy sensors to any 60-2, 36-1, 3, 4 e 8 tooth wheen and sensor.

So please share your ideas and infos to further educate me and other d-series afiliates.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
airride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2009, 04:32 AM   #2 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Most standalones are inferior to a Honda OBD1 ECU.

Most COP setups are inferior to the OBD1/2 distributor architecture. If you have to go that route, both Ford and GM's LSx coils are very very robust and make the majority of aftermarket coils look like crap.

If this standalone will accept any input, then why ask what input to run? If you want to delete the distributor for cosmetic/show car reasons, then use the D17 crank pickup and put a single tooth cam sync on the cam gear similar to the T1 trigger kit.

It sounds to me like you want to play around to be different. After you've tuned a few hundred cars you find you'd rather stick to what works best.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 airride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropesairride is starting to learn the ropes

I donīt think this stand alone is inferior to the oem ecu
it even controls the Iacv

Translation result for http://www.fueltech.com.br/br/product/detail/1/racepro1fi

Old 09-06-2009, 10:15 AM   #4 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all

How many different standalones have you tuned? Have you ever tuned this one?

I do this for a living, and on about half of the standalone tunes brought to me I wish they ran like a stock Honda. Which is what the 600-800 whp Hondas running OBD1 ECUs run like. About the only other setup out there I like as much would be OBD2 Ford, those ECUs run very very well.

Most of it is issues of idle control, fuel pulsewidth granularity (fine injector control), etc. They control ignition timing and make power reliably, sure, but they only take 2-3 times longer to tune than a Honda ECU.

Old 09-06-2009, 11:28 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I understand joseph, but here in brazil things are a little different. Itīs very hard for me to find some one that will tune my oem ECU. Plus I currently on a 93LSI civic wich comes with the basterd DPFI. SO for me to convert it to MPFI I need , Complete intake many, obd1 dizzy, o2 sensor and complete harness cuz my harness is shot and I dont want an obd conversion one. With this stand alone I can just use my stock dizzy sensors for now and I can just throw in a MPFI intake that I have here. My neibour works for this company and he is one of the developers. He said it will even manage idle by usingg the stock IACV.

For me to get every thing else I need to do this the HONDA OEM way will almost cost double the price than this unit. Cuz 90% of the parts need to be imported, and import shipping fees from the US are mad money, plus I need to pay 60% in tribute fees to customs here on the price value plus shiing value. So this Stand alone is whats more aforeable for me now. I want to run it with the stock hall sensor from the dizzy now, but still run the COP cuz the stand alone unit is able to control.

Thanks again for you time Joseph

Old 09-06-2009, 12:44 PM   #6 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

I didn't stop to think your country of origin would have such an effect. I've not travelled outside of my country's borders to know, here these cars are everywhere and spare parts plentiful.

Sorry if I wasted your time, sir.

Old 09-06-2009, 03:57 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by airride View Post
I understand joseph, but here in brazil things are a little different. Itīs very hard for me to find some one that will tune my oem ECU. Plus I currently on a 93LSI civic wich comes with the basterd DPFI. SO for me to convert it to MPFI I need , Complete intake many, obd1 dizzy, o2 sensor and complete harness cuz my harness is shot and I dont want an obd conversion one. With this stand alone I can just use my stock dizzy sensors for now and I can just throw in a MPFI intake that I have here. My neibour works for this company and he is one of the developers. He said it will even manage idle by usingg the stock IACV.

For me to get every thing else I need to do this the HONDA OEM way will almost cost double the price than this unit. Cuz 90% of the parts need to be imported, and import shipping fees from the US are mad money, plus I need to pay 60% in tribute fees to customs here on the price value plus shiing value. So this Stand alone is whats more aforeable for me now. I want to run it with the stock hall sensor from the dizzy now, but still run the COP cuz the stand alone unit is able to control.

Thanks again for you time Joseph
Ever try finding someone who will ship you some parts and write $5 as the value? I'd give that a shot...they would all be used so there is no real set value for customs to hassle you over.
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2009, 06:02 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoturbo View Post
Ever try finding someone who will ship you some parts and write $5 as the value? I'd give that a shot...they would all be used so there is no real set value for customs to hassle you over.
I tried it before but unless I have a online reciept from pay pal claiming that I payed $5 it wont work. once I ordered a set of p29 pistons on ebay and the seller claimed it as $49 and custem charged me as if it was priced $500. so they put the price they wanted. I didnīt accept it and had it shipped back. But i got a few things mixed in with clothes and it came thur so itīs kind of a gamble

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in