Greddy Emanage Blue sufficient? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 6 reviews
Default Greddy Emanage Blue sufficient?

Like the title sayd I am wanting to know if a Greddy Emanage Blue with Injector and Ignition harness will be enough to properly tune a P06 that I am going to use to convert a Honda ECU to a turbo 4AGZE Toyota motor?

I am guessing I wiould be better off with Crome and maybe using the EManage on top of it to fine tune when leaving the street for the track. Thanks
mhamrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 05:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

so... you want to use a P06 to run a toyota motor? If that's the case crome would be batter and less expensive, since you're going to have to change more than just the fuel aspect of the engine management.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 mhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropesmhamrick is starting to learn the ropes

Yeah I have another thread pertaining to the conversion. I have no problems admitting that Honda has the best ECU out there and that its functions and capabilities are top of the pile PERIOD. This has already been done on some other Toyota motors and also some Nissan's so I know it is possible. I was recommended to use the P06 so that is why I am going with it. As for the Greddy Emanage Blue I already have it , both harness's, and the MAP sensor so that I was I planned on using it. I still think the Crome will be best but I want to use the Emanage for Datalogging and also have an alternative tune so that I can romp on this setup on the track (1/4 mile).

Old 09-03-2009, 07:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

you can do all that with honda ecu. I say u sell the emanage and buy a romulator and datalogger and instead of crome go with eCtune. real-timing datalogging and tuning is possible with eCtune. check out there website, ectune.com. i run this ems on my car and I love it.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 07:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

That is the 2nd time I have heard of ECtune. I will definitely give it a look. I already have AFR datalogging capabilities with my LC-1 but I was wanting to datalog TPS, MAP sensor, etc.

My car is going to be the biggest bastard step child ever. Toyota car and motor, Honda ECU, DSM Turbo with an Upgraded Nissan Compressor, VW or DSM BOV (maybe even a Volvo one), DSM intercooler, DSM Injectors, and I am sure there is other parts I am missing out on in this list.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

I used eCtune twice and never used Crome again. It's pimp.

Of the seven cars I have tuned on E-manglage, only one turned out... "correctly." 2/3rds you wouldn't be able to tell were wierd by driving them, so the drivers were happy even if I wasn't. I recommend against using it whenever asked about it, those who insist I tune one sign an agreement that they pay for my waste of time, regardless of how they feel about the results.

On a side note, the E-manglage Ultimates are prone to signal noise that makes Megasquirts and 30-1000 AEM boxes look well designed, kinda funny how people act like it solves all the limitations of the old blue box. I've been dealing with Greddy Profec 2 spec-B for the last 5-6 years and have yet to see one that works (at all), it's laughable to think that they could design a piggyback that works correctly.

I don't know why you'd take a solid running stand-alone equivalent like a Honda ECU with Crome/etc and put a limited, glitchy piggyback on top of it? This is sort of like buying a $5000 BigStuff3 with all the options and flying Steve Petty in to dyno tune one day and track tune the second day on your 10.5" tire 7 second car (he'd charge you $7500 plus expenses, from what I hear) and then installing an AFC on top of it to make adjustments as you see fit.

Last edited by Joseph Davis; 09-04-2009 at 11:03 AM.
Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 09:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Joseph Davis- That makes sense to me. I am going to look into the Ectune and see if it will do what I need. Is it the easiest to tune? Your analogy is close but the $$$ part is off a lot as I am going to have less then $7500 in the whole thing. I will still use it for its datalog capabilities and also if the Honda setup ends up not working. I am going to use a jumper harness from my already existing engine harness to the P06.

What parts you looking for? I live about 4 hours from NC and there is 80's Integra at my uncle's junkyard that is almost complete. Also would you be willing to tune my car if I brought it to you and if I can get the Honda ECU working?
Old 09-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

eCtune can datalog every single parameter of ur motor. throw it up on graphs, overlay them in the fuel/timing map. i mean almost every sensor can be graphed with another multiple amount of sensors. It is a badass program. you will not regret going with eCtune especially with the software support being on par and having their own forum helps a lot as well. hella people on the D are running eCtune and I have heard of no complaints so far aside from the occasional "liscense" issues.

You must realize tho, your ems is half the battle. the only to fully optimize the use of your honda ecu is to fully understand what it's capable of doing and what parameters should and can be manipulated. remember computers are only as smart as their users.

built single cam.

track tool.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 11:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

ive played around with neptune, ectune, crome pro, hondata, and uberdata. Out of them all i would say the best to worst would be.

Neptune
ectune
hondata
crome pro
uberdata

its allmost a tie between neptune and ectune i like neptune because of there software and the way its laid out.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 12:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I have emailed a tuner that is close to me and he tunes about everything. He is ECTune supported so I have emailed him with my plans and what he thinks about it. If I decide to use him for the dyno and tune then I will go with what he suggests because he is going to tune it. I looked at the ECTune pricing and it looks to be around $200 and that works for me. I don't mind paying extra on the Managment as I know that spending an extra $500 here will make better results then spending it elsewhere.

I wonder if using a Honda ECU will make my Toyota a Honda at heart???
Old 09-05-2009, 12:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamrick View Post
I have emailed a tuner that is close to me and he tunes about everything. He is ECTune supported so I have emailed him with my plans and what he thinks about it. If I decide to use him for the dyno and tune then I will go with what he suggests because he is going to tune it. I looked at the ECTune pricing and it looks to be around $200 and that works for me. I don't mind paying extra on the Managment as I know that spending an extra $500 here will make better results then spending it elsewhere.

I wonder if using a Honda ECU will make my Toyota a Honda at heart???
Motors the heart, ecu's the brain.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 02:19 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Yeah that makes better sense.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:07 AM   #13 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

The problem with fitting a Honda distributor into a 4A is that the (cam driven) distributor has a bigger base, the part that plugs into the head and holds the o-ring that keeps it from leaking oil. I dont think it would be difficult to machine an adapter/plate that slides over the base of the Honda housing and fastens to it somehow, but it's slightly more difficult than sticking one of these distributors on a 3S. Do you have a mill/lathe, or are you looking for someone to make these parts for you?

Any 92-95 Civic/Integra ECU (except the alien P07 from the Civic VX) will work for you, people just recommend the P06 because it's common and costs less than a VTEC unit. There's really a large range of distributors you can run... kgx who did a few of the 3S conversions uses Accord distributors because they are silly cheap. Most if not all 92-01 Honda 4cyl distributors will work for you, just grab anything that's inexpensive and the legs don't look like they will be a mounting hassle. The only one I can think of that won't work is 97+ H22, out of the Preludes, they put the CKP in the oil pump on those cars.

Hey, have you heard of Harry "MR2Guru" Davis? MR2 Guru. We drink beer sometimes on the weekends, last year we got coffee every morning after dropping our kids off at school but his daughter is in HS this year while mine's still middle school so we sort of got out of that habit. Good people, and he definitely has some parts on hand if you needed them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhamrick View Post
What parts you looking for? I live about 4 hours from NC and there is 80's Integra at my uncle's junkyard that is almost complete. Also would you be willing to tune my car if I brought it to you and if I can get the Honda ECU working?
I need a decent 86-89 Integra 5 speed, motor condition irrelevant. It has everything I need to upgrade the suspension and brakes under my classic Si, as well as make a later D16 drop into the car. If the interior isn't shot, or nasty ass 80's blue, I can also use those seats. Those 80s Integras were parts bin clones of the 84-87 Civics, there's a lot of small stuff that would work if I needed it.

BTW, I tried to reply to your email from my phone and I think it failled.

Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I will check the car out for you. I doubt very seriously the interior will be in decent shape as people (mostly Honda Guys) leave the windows down and doors open. I know it is a 5 Speed for sure but mileage is another ? mark. I am remembering right the car is fairly complete.

As to the Dizzy problem I was thinking about simple swapping the plug wires around on my dizzy that I already have and then swapping the Injector wiring around also. Does that make sense since the difference is in the rotation. If not I can have the machining work done. My dad was a Mill Wright so he has some pretty valuable friends. I scored a ported & polished head that was flow benched to match the flow of each intake runner and also exhaust runners so that should be nice on my turbo build.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in