MAP sensor question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2009, 04:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default MAP sensor question

would a 3 bar map sensor work on a pm6 without any modification?
mikeenzo007 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2009, 10:49 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

no sir....stock ecu = stock map sensor or else
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 10:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

nope

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2009, 12:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to Joseph Davis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoturbo View Post
no sir....stock ecu = stock map sensor or else
Yeah, but 880cc injectors and a 3bar MAP will let you drive around on a stock ECU. Not well or anything, but it works.

BTW, ghettoturbo has scammed me out of a Miata, a TR6, and a Jeep Cherokee. He's also known to scam xenocron out of paychecks on a weekly basis. Beware of him!

Joseph Davis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joseph Davis View Post
Yeah, but 880cc injectors and a 3bar MAP will let you drive around on a stock ECU. Not well or anything, but it works.

BTW, ghettoturbo has scammed me out of a Miata, a TR6, and a Jeep Cherokee. He's also known to scam xenocron out of paychecks on a weekly basis. Beware of him!

the miata is the only one I'll admit to, sir
Old 09-03-2009, 04:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

hurr? gossip?
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 05:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
hurr? gossip?

Apparently, if you mention a car that is for sale to JD (even if its not yours) and he doesn't end up owning it...you scammed him. So I am guilty.
Old 09-04-2009, 05:42 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

Quote:

stock ecu cannot run 880cc injectors. will not even idle let alone start. it may give a kick like it wants to run but it will not.

a 3bar map sensor uses different voltage scaling so it will not run either on stock ecu.

what you would need to do is chip the ecu and add 3bar map sensor support to the map you are using.

and the part going at ghettoturbo is not needed. has nothing to do with this thread so i would suggest taking it elsewhere...
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 06:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Rep Power: 16 Joseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to allJoseph Davis is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOHCpower View Post
stock ecu cannot run 880cc injectors. will not even idle let alone start. it may give a kick like it wants to run but it will not.

a 3bar map sensor uses different voltage scaling so it will not run either on stock ecu.

Do you know what an AFC hack does? Please acquaint yourself with basic concepts before commenting on what does or doesn't work with regards to EFI, thanks.

Quote:
and the part going at ghettoturbo is not needed. has nothing to do with this thread so i would suggest taking it elsewhere...

Sorry to bring a little comradery into the thread, I'll remain completely soulless from here on out.

Old 09-04-2009, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....

The point was that with BOTH a 3 bar MAP and the 880s, it will run. I'm no expert on the subject, but if Joseph Davis says it will work, I believe him. (you probably should too, until you've tuned as many cars as him )

Quote:
Quote:
Sorry to bring a little comradery into the thread, I'll remain completely soulless from here on out.
Did it ever occur to you that they might know each other?

Peace all!

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 08:11 AM   #11 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

for anyones information right now... heres is the answer....

unless your ecu is chipped with the chip setup to use 880's and 3bar map the car will not run...

the car will not run with a STOCK ecu and aftermarket injectors and map sensor...

by the way, i did get my car to run on 440cc injectors on stock ecu before, but i had to turn my adjustable fuel pressure regulator down to 28psi where stock fuel pressure is 45 psi so you get the point...

whoever says that any aftermarket injector and map sensor will work on a stock ecu is a DUMBASS and doesnt know what they are talking about, and i wouldnt take any advice from them

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 08:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

a basemap for the setup would be cheap.. so dont get chintzy.. lol what a funny word

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!

god damnit you fuckers.. quit being so butthurt. joseph come back here and sit down. sohcpower go read or something.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic View Post
for anyones information right now... heres is the answer....

unless your ecu is chipped with the chip setup to use 880's and 3bar map the car will not run...

the car will not run with a STOCK ecu and aftermarket injectors and map sensor...

by the way, i did get my car to run on 440cc injectors on stock ecu before, but i had to turn my adjustable fuel pressure regulator down to 28psi where stock fuel pressure is 45 psi so you get the point...

whoever says that any aftermarket injector and map sensor will work on a stock ecu is a DUMBASS and doesnt know what they are talking about, and i wouldnt take any advice from them

Tell you what, how about you ask a pgmfi.org moderator and let him decide this little disagreement?

pgmfi.org &bull; Login

Old 09-04-2009, 10:57 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

you guys shouldnt argue.. it will run because the 3bar sensor leans it out enough that it runs like stock.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #16 (permalink)

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie

but that is no way to run a car. the 880 with 3bar. thatd old school ghetto shit. afc hack = 90s

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 12:09 PM   #17 (permalink)
Joey Misanthropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
but that is no way to run a car. the 880 with 3bar.
Yes, I covered this in my original post when I said the combo would allow the engine to operate.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

Quote:
Yes, I covered this in my original post when I said the combo would allow the engine to operate.
ive never tried 880's and 3bar...

ive tried 440's and it didnt run... ive tried 3bar and it didnt run .... without a tune... i never tried 440's and 3bar without a tune.. i could imagine it ran like shit and wouldnt run on 440's i wouldnt think it would run on 440's and 3bar....

if i was wrong in my post i am sorry and i will change it, its no problem, i dont like putting out wrong information...

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

joseph has been wrong 4 times, and this is not one of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 04:54 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

Quote:
Do you know what an AFC hack does? Please acquaint yourself with basic concepts before commenting on what does or doesn't work with regards to EFI, thanks.

are you kidding me? the op specifically said "with out modification" an afc hac is a modification to the signal going to and from the ecu.

880cc is too much of an injector for stock ecu duty cycle to handle. there will be too much fuel...

btw when you understand what an afc hack is compared to standalone or ecu chipping then comment. an afc hack does not adjust fuel tables independantly, rather moves the map up or down if you want more fuel. makes ecu think they are in a different fuel cell for given map and rpm.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in