Adjusting trottle cable need help???? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 04:42 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Adjusting trottle cable need help????

adjusting trottle cable???sitting about 1,1oo rpm....and when i rev and let off the gas rpm still rise by itself....where is the right placement for the trottle cable???it's a d16y8 from the obd2a ex coupe...
rex-d16y8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 14 Anonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow upAnonymoussquid is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 27 reviews

the throttle cable needs to have about a 1/4 inch of slack in it..

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

271 WHP/ 235tq 14 psi.

other DD 1995 Toyota Tacoma 3 inch lift 33x12.5 toyo M/T tires
On my way to my AA in Diesel technology
Anonymoussquid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

You could probably lube the cable as well. I'm having the same issue sorta. Mine will stick, sometimes at 3k rpm, lol! Imagine with just an open pipe after header!!!
Full A6: SRI, LS TB, Skunk 2 IM, Hondata IM gasket, Bisi 2.2 cam, Bisi valve springs, Bisi cam gear, 77mm Cometic HG, 76mm PM3's, shot-peened rods w/ARP rod bolts, LSD 8lb flywheel, LSD sprung 6-puck clutch, Si tranny, Innovative D-mounts, ETD T-Bar, Xenocron fuel pump, B&M fpr and gauge, Zex direct port nitrous-50 shot (for now)
clubEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 01:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

OP did you ever happen to touch the throttle set screw?
If the plate is cracked open any further than it needs to due to a wrong set-screw adjustment, the ecu will be thrown off not seeing an established base idle hence giving incorrect iacv cycles, disproportional idle fuelling, etc.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:52 AM   #5 (permalink)

yea one of my stupid buddy adjust it and it started to sit at 2,500rpm so i adjust it agian and now it sits on1,100rpm...
Old 09-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 DocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like BoratDocHudson smells like Borat

Just a quarter turn of that set screw is already worth a couple hundred rpms or so.
You're literally pushing the plate open.
Do you know the procedure how to set it back to spec?
Old 09-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #7 (permalink)

nope i have no clue the precuders...all we did was just turn the two little bolts pulling the cable towards the passenger side...
Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

There should be 10mm of play with your foot off the pedal.

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in