What's that sound i hear ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Angry What's that sound i hear ?

Hello guys.
I am from Greece and i have 98 hb with a D14A3 engine.
I just discovered this great forum and i want to share with you my considers and problems. your opinion matters .
When i bought this car the first thing i did i, ve removed the hp limiter gasket from the stock intake manifold to make my honda from 75hps go straight to 90hps. So i did the car breathed immediately and i notice the difference.
Because i'm a non resting spirit i wanted to make more modifications to my car. I replaced the cat back exaust system with a high flow one and i replaced the stock exaust header with a 4.2.1 exaust header(the air filter was replaced with a high flow from K&N in the stock intake box). So far so good The car was much quicker than before. I beated a VW polo 1.4 with a 101ps in a street race ! and i didn't believed it !
A year past and a honda-freak friend of mine give me the idea to change the stock intake manifold with a 92-96 Esi manifold and see the results.
So i did.
the intake manifold Fitted Perfectly with a little modifications ( the gaz string worked up side down in the stock )
After this mod i noticed a strange noise when the engine runs on on low RPM
I can only describe the noise as a noise (like bloobling (don't lough)) That noise is strange although i have no other problems with the engine .
i want to say that the car gone crazy with this modification in the High RPM and is more powered than ever.but i am worrying about how the engine sounds (this sound is more noticable in the cabin)
I also noticed one more problem .
When the car works about an hour and push the gaz ipedal its doesn't 'hear' directly (like stucks) and i need to leave and push one more time to increase rpm(this only happens in drive non with N gear) .Does anyone have any idea about what's happening to my car ?
Thank you
xd_ante is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

i figured it out !!
This noise coming from the stock fuel Rail propably from the injectors pulse.How can i make this noise to stop ? any ideas ?
Do i need to buy a custom fuel Rail ?
the intake is from a honda civic ESI 92-96 i need to buy for this model or for my D14 model ?
Thanks
Old 09-10-2009, 09:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 joe_d16z6 is learning the way of the Djoe_d16z6 is learning the way of the D

did you get the ESI injectors? or are you using your originals? you want to use the fuel pressure regulator that goes with the set of injectors, if they're indeed different. Perhaps upgrade the fuel pump as well, as it'd keep a more solid pressure in the rail, and reduce pulsing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
joe_d16z6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 07:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

No the injectors are the stock and the fuel presure regulator is the stock too. I am conciderning to buy a high volume fuel rail but i thought to put on a fuel rail for a D15 ! does this will fit ? or i need to buy for my D14? i cannot find a high volume fuel rail for my D14 only for a D15/16 .the D14 fuel rail has the fuel income left as we see it.

Another issue tha might be connected with this.
When the engine works about 20 minutes and gets worm i notice when i push the gaz pedal tha something 'cuts' either the air (i use the stock throttle body it fits perfectly)
either the fuel and the car doesn't hear the pedal and i need to release/repush the pedal to throttle. this is very weird because when the engine is cold it doesn't happen.
what maybe happening ? is there a possibility that this mod that i've done to 'confuses' the ECU ?
this is serius problem because it happens every time i throttle.
you're advising me to change the fuel pump . man this is an expensive change although i can find an fuel pump from (D15,D16) but is this the problem or something else ?
any advices ?
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
d14a3, esi intake, strange sound

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in