Dealing with an incomplete IM - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2009, 04:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Dealing with an incomplete IM

hi everyone, i've been slowly collecting parts for a MPFI swap on d15b2. i'm taking my time so a can come by parts cheaply. after all, i'm in no rush to get this done. i've had many questions over the past few months and have greatly appreciated the help from you guys. so, that brings me to my next question.
I bought an IM, only find out it wasn't totally complete. i have the fuel rail and TB, no FPR though. i was in the local junkyard picking up pieces like bolts and nuts for the TB and happened upon a wago-civic. d16a6 AT. i snatched the FPR off it. is this FPR compatible with my IM i bought? i fitted the fpr to the rail. it fits, but will it run the correct PSI? the list of my gathered parts are listed below.
d15b2
p08 IM
pg7 ecu
td02u dizzy
89' integra injectors (what cc are these??)
89 civic FPR (from d16a6)
BTW, one of my injectors are cracked at the little amber looking thing that goes into the IM. is that a problem? or should i get another one? also, are these injectors going to be too big for the small intake manifold? (running too rich?)
whateverhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

oh, ya please try to answer ALL my questions. i know i asked a lot, but just take them one at a time. thanks folks!
Old 08-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 cjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

1590 cc i beleive on the injectors and def get another one to replace the cracked one
cjhef2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

injector sizes

D15B6 - 88-89 - 180 - nonVTEC
D15B6 - 90-91 - 240 - nonVTEC
D15B7 - 92-95 - 240 - nonVTEC
D15B8 - 92-95 - 180 - nonVTEC
D15Z1 - 92-95 - 190 - VTEC-E
D16A6 - 88-91 - 240 - nonVTEC
D16Y7 - 96-97 - 180 - nonVTEC
D16Y8 - 96-97 - 240 - VTEC
D16Z6 - 92-95 - 240 - VTEC

I would get 240s I dont know what the d16a1 ran, Fuel pressure will be find. Remember if you use low impedance injectors you will nee a resistor box or you will blow the ecu.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 02:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

whoops forgot to add that i have that resistor box also. 1590cc???? you must be talking about the motor displacement. i was referring to the injectors.
Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

main concern right now is the FPR. It bolted up fine. i'd assume the ECU and manifold pressure will adjust the FPR correctly. or am i dreaming?
Old 08-30-2009, 04:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 D15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

No reason why the FPR shouldn't work unless it's bad. Could even use one off of a 5th gen fuel rail. Replace your one bad injector then either take them somewhere or send them off to a business that flow tests/cleans them, or find out if they can replace the broken plastic piece.
D15B1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 04:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 19 punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!punkbomb138 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 42 reviews
Send a message via AIM to punkbomb138 Send a message via Yahoo to punkbomb138

to the best of my knowledge all fpr's are the same. oh and about your injectors ide just send them off to keith at injector rehab he is a sponsor here he does super good work and then u know they are brand new and all the stuff fixed and also tested and flow evenly.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
punkbomb138 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 06:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 D15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the communityD15B1  is accepted as part of the community
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

The only difference I've noticed between the 4th gen and 5th gen FPR's is the fuel return line having a 90 degree bend on the 4th gen. 5th gen is straight, and I think the vacuum line on the 5th gen is a 90 degree bend. I'd say yours is just fine though. Once you get it running, take the vacuum line off and if fuel comes out....it's bad.
D15B1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2009, 07:13 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverhonda View Post
main concern right now is the FPR. It bolted up fine. i'd assume the ECU and manifold pressure will adjust the FPR correctly. or am i dreaming?
The ecu has no control of fuel pressure but ya manifold pressure dose. Find the speck for your motor I think for the most part honda runs 45 psi (donít quote me on that) find the speck for the motor you got the fpr off of thy should match.........

What pg7 ecu did you get If I remember write one has vac advance the other is controlled by the ecu?
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in