Fuel pump power drain? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Default Fuel pump power drain?

i was wonderign if a clogged fuel pump (walboro 255) can cause a voltag drop making the battery light come on? i started to notice that my pump was real loud and after i fixed the wriring to the pump the battery light started coming on below 2,000 rpm. i changed the fuel filter today and now the battery light only comes on at idle and the fuel pump isnt as loud. at first at idle it was as loud as when its being primed!! i just wanted an opinion before i dropped the tank this weekend to do some cleaning work to it. its a 89 crx si by the way.
uptownsamcv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2009, 08:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Hmmmmm. Maybe a wire is being shorted or something causing a voltage drop.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 08:36 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 11 uptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to alluptownsamcv is a name known to all

ill have to check that. btu the wire that i fixed was shortign out before but i rewired it. the car came with a kill swith behind the seat so i undid it.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by uptownsamcv View Post
ill have to check that. btu the wire that i fixed was shortign out before but i rewired it. the car came with a kill swith behind the seat so i undid it.
Damn, well thats all I had. haha Gl with fixing it
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 09:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

when it was shorting out the wire would get hot and the pump would stop working.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

check the voltage at the pump you might have to do a relay mod
rx7kidd13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 07:36 PM   #7 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I would take a closer look at your alternator
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2009, 01:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

i figuered it out. it was the wiring for the fuel pump. i had left the connector on there that was previously installed when i removed the pump cut off switch. now the wire is connected directly to where its suppose to go and the alternator is good now. i even removed it this morning and had autozone test it. its all fine now. no battery light or loud fuel pump. now i just need to fix the sputter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in