Todays Tune... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6
Default Todays Tune...

Ok so heres my set up

76mm bore
weisco pistons 8.5:1
eagle rods
all arp hardware
cometic head gasket
bullseye s256 Go-Autoworks.com spec
self ported polished head
ported/polished and i/m(very mild)
68mm t/b
3-angle valve job
Hondata S300
aem ugeo
aem fuel rail
aem fpr
russel-6 fuel filter
skunk2 pro series cam gear
stock cam
Supertech Valve springs
Skunk2 springs/struts/camber kit
Skunk2 short shifter
poly motor mount inserts
Avid Tq mounts

also go-autoworks 2.5 charge piping

thats at 16 psi
WTF!

oh btw was tuned by Evans Tuning

only thing i can think is maybe something to do with the trans cause i started to loose 4th getting tuned
then on the way home it just about got stuck in 5th.not sure if its related or not

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by crazymx6; 08-28-2009 at 10:19 AM.
crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

wouldnt have anything to do with the tranny. jeff is a great guy and knows his shit... he would be the only one to know why its not making the power that you wanted.. which was??? maybe he kept the tune conservative

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 05:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!

nah he is just as baffled as us....and yes he is a great guy! def knows his shit but couldnt fig it out either.....as to y im asking all of you

his last d tune was like 6 month ago

so hes a bit rusty on the d

n i was shootin for 300+

350+ when i cam it but that dont matter now

Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano

id say upgrade your exhaust..... its soo hard to tell without knowing the complete set-up..

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 05:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 13 dan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagledan. is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to dan.

damn even i would expect to see more from 16psi...

wtf
dan. is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 06:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
id say upgrade your exhaust..... its soo hard to tell without knowing the complete set-up..
what ya wanna know?

tuned with s300

b000 case w lsd
4th gear pulls
dunno what else u want

Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series G0D

switch to a 62mm tb, i dont understand why he would do a 4th gear pull.. plug gap..??? whats the AFR looking like? how much ignition timing??? is the car truely at TDC?? is the air filter on the turbo clogged..??? boost leak..??? do a boost leak test with 20psi thru the turbo inlet and tell me if you have any leaks... any leaks around the wastegate?? manifold to turbo?? manifold to head?

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

i call bs your a liar and never built the motor its simply stock and boosted

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

need more boosting help here ya go lol jk man its gotta something dumb ur over looking

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
switch to a 62mm tb,
dont have one do you think the t/b would hurt it that much? if so do you think a cam would help remedy that problem?

i dont understand why he would do a 4th gear pull..
tuner pref...he like to put as much of a load on the motor as possible
plug gap..??? iirc its 28 (what the ngkbkre7 come out the box)
whats the AFR looking like? 16.1 cruise, then where it should be

how much ignition timing???
have to look but he played with it added 7 to what he had with these #s and nothing well 2 then 7
is the car truely at TDC??
Yes

is the air filter on the turbo clogged..???

no, we tried pulls w/ and w/o

boost leak..???

if there is its small although we did find the bov flange was warped so we fliped it over and welded it on(was a screw on flange

do a boost leak test with 20psi thru the turbo inlet and tell me if you have any leaks...
will do at my earliest convince have to make one lol home deopt here i come again lol

any leaks around the wastegate??
holds boost great so not of significance but ill take pics in the day light of the w/g mani for ya maybe youll see somethin we missed

manifold to turbo?? manifold to head?

oh also i do have supertech valve springs in it

Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
i call bs your a liar and never built the motor its simply stock and boosted
and WTF would that have to do with ne thing?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
and WTF would that have to do with ne thing?
true you would still be making more then 200 on a stocker

have you done a compresion test? ring installed wrong? HG leaking and not blown yet??

nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Old 08-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunky01 View Post
true you would still be making more then 200 on a stocker

have you done a compresion test? ring installed wrong? HG leaking and not blown yet??
compression test as follows

according to Jeff nothing to worry about....my first thought was #2 was way too low

rings are in correct even double cheked em all b4 install
new cometic h/g

no over heating
no oil leaks
all sensors were norm

Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

hmmm yeah home depot.. a coupler will make a cheap great boost leak tester.. thats waht i have...

as for the plug gap, when i checked mine out of the box, they were all different gaps. but i dont think thats the problem here... a boost leak will KILL power.. your car will show 16psi on the guage, but its not TRUELY 16psi.. its hard to explain.. it has alot to do with cfms... somewhat like 2 different size turbos on the same boost level, but pushing out different cfm's.. your turbo will work harder with a boost leak to keep the boost where it should be, and it will show that your at 16psi, but your not....
you just need to check for leaks... a small leak will make a big difference when looking for numbers on the dyno... i always like to test mine with at least 5psi over what im running

best time so far

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:43 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingciv View Post
need more boosting help here ya go lol jk man its gotta something dumb ur over looking

who let the rubba band man in heeeeeeere?

Old 08-26-2009, 06:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazymx6 View Post
compression test as follows

according to Jeff nothing to worry about....my first thought was #2 was way too low

rings are in correct even double cheked em all b4 install
new cometic h/g

no over heating
no oil leaks
all sensors were norm
should be withing 10% of the two cyl around it, thats a bit on the outer limit but nothing to crazy

the build

Old 08-26-2009, 06:53 PM   #17 (permalink)
Well?

Rep Power: 33 1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !1.5Slowmatic is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 38 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 1.5Slowmatic

well thats strange. curious to results
Quote:
Nate is seriously one of those angry white men you read about all the time.

Headlight Harness DIY Upgrade
DIY Ice Box Intake
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #7
1.5Slowmatic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 06:59 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
hmmm yeah home depot.. a coupler will make a cheap great boost leak tester.. thats waht i have...

as for the plug gap, when i checked mine out of the box, they were all different gaps. but i dont think thats the problem here... a boost leak will KILL power.. your car will show 16psi on the guage, but its not TRUELY 16psi.. its hard to explain.. it has alot to do with cfms... somewhat like 2 different size turbos on the same boost level, but pushing out different cfm's.. your turbo will work harder with a boost leak to keep the boost where it should be, and it will show that your at 16psi, but your not....
you just need to check for leaks... a small leak will make a big difference when looking for numbers on the dyno... i always like to test mine with at least 5psi over what im running

ok so ill do a boost test when i get a sec to get to home deopt hopefully this weekend....i think if its leaking ne where its at the bov cause the flange was warped, plus it didnt look to be acting as a bov either almost like it was surgeing

Old 08-26-2009, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Haha, I know how you feel. After all that money spend you would expect more out of it.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 07:27 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 DRFT is learning the way of the DDRFT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

post your ignition map!

check your compressor wheel maybe has some bent fins?
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
boost, jeff evans, moar power!, tune

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in