Fpr with tuning? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2009, 06:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2
Default Fpr with tuning?

im planning on getting a bisi d15b/zcvtec stage 2 cam(hopefully soon)with adj. cam gear, and getting my auto p28 ecu chipped/tuned. im just runnin good i/h/e setup with [useless] full msd ignition setup for now, i was just wondering if an adj fpr would be needed or even suggested for the tuning session...?(hopefully dyno tuned with crome/hondata etc. which program would you suggest for an auto n/a tune?)
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 06:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough

all i really want is to dial in the a/f ratios, cam timing(once i get the right cam/gear), ignition timing if needed, and vtec x-over if needed....is there really anything else involved in tuning?

and yes, this is for an obd1 jdm d16zcvtec...
Old 08-26-2009, 07:53 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've been tuning for many years now and an adjustable FPR is NOT required for a good tune.

I've had many decently modified N/A and Turbo cars run the stock FPR with great success.

One of the reasons people might get an adjustable FPR is if they can't afford bigger injectors and a tune.

If you're getting tuned then I'd just try to locate bigger injectors like DSM 450's or something to that effect. You really don't need anything huge. You might even be able to catch a deal on some used Precisions or RCs.

Last edited by Falcon7; 08-26-2009 at 07:57 AM.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 10:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

would i really need injectors other than stock for just i/h/e/cam?
Old 08-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EXa2 View Post
your stock injectors will be plenty big enough for your motor.. idk what he was talking about... 450's for a n/a motor??? lol.. the stock fpr isnt a concern until over 400hp

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 01:05 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

ok, i was just wondering if there would be an advantage to having an adj fpr during the tuning session or not, but i guess not. what all do most tuners mess with aside from a/f ratios, cam timing, ignition timing and vtec x-over(where applicable)?
Old 08-26-2009, 02:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

you may not need it for a ihe cam, but from experience if you add something on to the car or the tune changes, etc. you can crank up the fuel pressure a bit to get you home or to a tuner. Like when I mess with my tune, and I don't have my laptop I can adjust fuel pressure so I can still drive it. and you can mess with higher pressure for better atomization.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94EXa2 View Post

I would think you'd be fine with stock injectors for what you're doing.

I was just offering idea of using bigger injectors with your tune instead of an adjustable FPR if that's the route you were really wanting.

I suggested DSM 450cc's because they were cheap and common and since you were getting a tune they can be made to run your setup well and leave room for improvement if you added other things down the road.

Last edited by Falcon7; 08-26-2009 at 02:40 PM.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 02:41 PM   #9 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
I would think you'd be fine with stock injectors for what you're doing.

I was just offering idea of using bigger injectors with your tune instead of an adjustable FPR if that's the route you were really wanting.

I suggested DSM 450cc's because they were cheap and common and since you were getting a tune they can be made to run your setup well and leave room for improvement if you added other things down the road.
very true, 450's are still small enough to run lean as hell at idle on a 1.6.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:01 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

ive just read that 55psi fuel pressure is ideal for our engines....thats y i was asking(un;ess that can be changed via ecu)
Old 01-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 christbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to allchristbone20 is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

FPR is useless if you size your injectors with your hp goal. Your stock injectors at stock fuel pressure will make close to 140whp at 80% duty cycle. With your basic mods you'll be fine. Tune with the chipped ecu.

As stated above, the only time you need an aftermarket FPR is when you dont want to upgrade your injectors. For example, stock injectors bumped up to 60psi fuel pressure will make approx 165whp at 80% duty cycle.

So to answer your question, no you dont need one if you have a chipped ecu that you are going to tune with.

There is no truth to D series running better at 55psi fuel pressure. Every engine is different, especially when you modify them and needs to be tuned individually. IMO best done by some kind of fuel management system via the ecu.
Old 01-26-2010, 02:40 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

so with i/h/e/cam i wont need a adj fpr or adj camgear for tuning, everything can be change via chipped/tuned ecu?

also, who you you choose to chip/basemap a p28?

Last edited by 94EXa2; 01-26-2010 at 03:41 PM.
94EXa2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2010, 02:30 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Dsm 450's have poor atomization qualities. Obviously stock is the perfect candidate since you own them already.

Unless you wanna get down you can do like the ballers do and use cbr600rr injectors at 60psi rail pressure and tune. Just sayin
Old 01-28-2010, 08:03 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
Dsm 450's have poor atomization qualities.
Why is this???? I've put 450's and stock injectors in a real flow tester and the patterns of good injectors are pretty much identical.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in