A few Boost fuel managment questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default A few Boost fuel managment questions

I have been doing some research the last few days on the best way to manage fuel during boost, and have a few noob questions I wanted to ask.

Lets pretend that each question is regarding an obd0 crx or a obd1 civic coupe

First, if I were to use a AFC like the apexi SAFC, is that all I would need to tune the car, or would I still need injectors? I know the AFC can tune the fuel amount at set RPM's, but how good is it for turbo tuning?

Second, If i chipped my ecu, would I still need bigger injectors/ can I do that with an obd0 setup?

If I can just go with a AFC it seems like the easiest method. I want to try and not replace the injectors if I dont have to, but want to do the simplest and best method. Chipping ecu's is really easy, so If i can just do that and then get it tuned that would be a piece of cake. But I know that the SAFC tells you a lot of info about whats going on in the engine. Would it be worth buying anyway?

Also what about getting a AFC, and using a rising rate fpr? Is that a decent method?

Sorry for all the scattered noob questions, but Ive read so many threads on this stuff, and none of them answer any questions in A way I get. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
djblingbling1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 04:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

lol where do I start.......Well your best bet is to get the ecu chipped and get some DSM450's atleast there a dime a dozen. That AFC shit is just that shit. Old technology and thank god its been replaced with much better stuff. If you want to stay obd0 then run turbo edit or bre and if you go obd1 the possibilities seem endless of the great stuff thats out there. So do it right the first time and stop cutting corners it only leads to a half ass boosted car that wont last long....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

So AFC is shit? LOL, k well chipping is easy, and I know I can pick up 450cc dsm inuectors cheap, and they seem easy enough to install. Do I need a different resistor box on a obd0 car, im pretty sure I read that I dont. As far as tuning all I need is to chip it, get a basemap, and then get it dino tunned? That seems way too easy...

Old 08-21-2009, 05:56 PM   #4 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

https://d-series.org/forums/forced-in...ing-turbo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblingbling1 View Post
So AFC is shit? LOL, k well chipping is easy, and I know I can pick up 450cc dsm inuectors cheap, and they seem easy enough to install. Do I need a different resistor box on a obd0 car, im pretty sure I read that I dont. As far as tuning all I need is to chip it, get a basemap, and then get it dino tunned? That seems way too easy...
Same resistor box and it is pretty much that easy if you have someone else tune it. Check my posts on the second page of the above thread for some more info.

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

easy to say, not as easy to do...chipping and tuning a car is like saying "all i have to do is run the wiring under the carpet here and i'm done", its never THAT easy, but not necessarily difficult, see what i'm saying?

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
Friend of the D

Rep Power: 26 Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....Aragorn Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky View Post
easy to say, not as easy to do...chipping and tuning a car is like saying "all i have to do is run the wiring under the carpet here and i'm done", its never THAT easy, but not necessarily difficult, see what i'm saying?
Agreed, I should note that you should have a competent professional tune it. It's very easy to mess things up if you don't know what you're doing.

Aragorn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

for sure, i wouldnt do it myself, but ive chipped ecu's before with a basemap, and never got the tunned, so basicly all I need to do is figure out how to install injectors and then take it to a professional.

What do shops generaly run for a dyno and a chip?

Old 08-23-2009, 12:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

that varies greatly depending on your location, who you know, have many pulls, and what company is doing it...typically it could run from 50-200 dollars pending

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in