ITBS datalog ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2009, 04:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default ITBS datalog ?

I'm using freelog since many months ago, and I want to know if there is a way to make corsser over from MAP to TPS in datalogging. I'm using crome free, it's easy with itbs tool to make the crossover, but how can I datalog AFR from rpm x tps ?

Any tips or advices ?

Thank you

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2009, 05:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

Good question. The only thing I can think of is writing a CSV file from FreeLog and plotting it in Excel.

In for a response.

Read My Stuff:

ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 06:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

I'm thinking datalogging each part throttle alone like 20-35-50-70-100% even freelog think it's wot, I have the tps voltage in freelog, at best put a small block under the throttle cable to keep constant position. I only have to put the value in the right % column in crome itb tools.

It will be a pain in the ass, but It might work, well have no other option yet.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-21-2009, 07:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I'd recommend buying a Crome Pro license...

You can datalog all your values in Crome without having to look between Crome and Freelog... much easier to tune and worth the $150 if you're serious about your motor setup (which I'm guessing you are).
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-21-2009, 07:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon7 View Post
I'd recommend buying a Crome Pro license...

You can datalog all your values in Crome without having to look between Crome and Freelog... much easier to tune and worth the $150 if you're serious about your motor setup (which I'm guessing you are).
I don't mind about looking between crome and freelog, I do it when I got free time. No stress, no need of emulator to be quick. I don't have the 150$ right now for crome pro, but It seems to be good.

I don't know crome datalogger, can you datalog AFR with tps value instead of map ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-21-2009, 08:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
I don't mind about looking between crome and freelog, I do it when I got free time. No stress, no need of emulator to be quick. I don't have the 150$ right now for crome pro, but It seems to be good.

I don't know crome datalogger, can you datalog AFR with tps value instead of map ?

Crome uses vacuum and TPS Percentage and datalogs it all in overlay format so you can look at your AFR values over RPM and Load (vacuum and TPS %)
Old 08-22-2009, 03:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Crome uses vacuum and TPS Percentage and datalogs it all in overlay format so you can look at your AFR values over RPM and Load (vacuum and TPS %)
Very fine thank you !

I will buy it probably next springs, because I have no money until next winter, and my car is stored for 5 months in winter, so I don'T need it now.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-22-2009, 06:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Curious George

No more ideas guys ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

You could use a external data logger like logworks 3 from innovate motor sports. That cost money too and you would have to hard wire it in. Ectune, neptuen, hondata.......................

= more money. Instead of a block you could loosen the cable up so it will not go wot.

Find your range on your tp should be close to .5v closed and 4.5v open. Do some math spread is 4 volts so 50% is 2 volts add 2 volts to .5 = 2.5 volts is 50% throttle adjust cable. Foot to floor = 2.5 volts drive and log. I would also do the tp cal in crome.

?????????????????????
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2009, 04:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
You could use a external data logger like logworks 3 from innovate motor sports. That cost money too and you would have to hard wire it in. Ectune, neptuen, hondata.......................

= more money. Instead of a block you could loosen the cable up so it will not go wot.

Find your range on your tp should be close to .5v closed and 4.5v open. Do some math spread is 4 volts so 50% is 2 volts add 2 volts to .5 = 2.5 volts is 50% throttle adjust cable. Foot to floor = 2.5 volts drive and log. I would also do the tp cal in crome.

?????????????????????
Loosening throtle cable seems fine I had this thing of mathematic in mind about volts/percentage ratio. It will be long to do, but I can achieve the right tuning.

I will think about the crome pro, ectune and the others are too expensive.

Those itbs are just a personal challenge before my turbo setup.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-23-2009, 11:11 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Loosening throtle cable seems fine I had this thing of mathematic in mind about volts/percentage ratio. It will be long to do, but I can achieve the right tuning.

I will think about the crome pro, ectune and the others are too expensive.

Those itbs are just a personal challenge before my turbo setup.

I think going Crome Pro is going to be your best bet for anything you do since you're wanting to tune it yourself.

So do your ITB project and get familiar with the software then use it when you go turbo.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
I think going Crome Pro is going to be your best bet for anything you do since you're wanting to tune it yourself.

So do your ITB project and get familiar with the software then use it when you go turbo.
I've messed so much with crome free, maybe I will get it really fast with the pro version. I've read so many times that turbo tuning is much easier than ITBS. I'm challenging myself, perhaps itbs + turbo once done :P

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 08-24-2009, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
I've messed so much with crome free, maybe I will get it really fast with the pro version. I've read so many times that turbo tuning is much easier than ITBS. I'm challenging myself, perhaps itbs + turbo once done :P
Yeah that only seems logical then since you've messed with free so much. The only things that take getting used to in Pro are a few extra features and shortcuts.

Turbo will have its challenges just like ITBs, so be prepared.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 AM   #14 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Yeah that only seems logical then since you've messed with free so much. The only things that take getting used to in Pro are a few extra features and shortcuts.

Turbo will have its challenges just like ITBs, so be prepared.
I have old engine to burn and I have not succeed that, I make my learning test on it, until now my results aren't so bad

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in