Mini me passing California ref ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question Mini me passing California ref ?

I've heard much debate on the subject n have passed smog a few time but I was recently pulled over n was asked to pop my hood unfortunatly at the time I had sum non street legal parts n the pig wrote me a ticket focing me to ref my car ! I currently have a d15b7/z6 mini me in there now but it was very ghetto rigded in there n I have the parts to assembly a zc/y8 mini me but am unsure if I should considering I must now ref the car ? Would the zc/y8 mini me even pass a ref visually ? If any one has experience on this matter it would help greatly ?
distrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2009, 11:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

technicly, no the head must match the block.

Now depending on the referee, and how shady you/your car look will determine if he/she will run the numbers.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

if you take off the vtakin stickers on your window, maybe they wouldnt notice your vtec head. lol jk.

bump because i dont know about cali's gay ass emission laws

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 workinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

You might fail at the ref I had a a6/y8 mini got a ticket had to go to the ref and I failed but I had a z6 intake mani on a y8 head on a a6 block it was converted to obd 1 running a p28, it was done pretty clean and he shut me down quick. It all depends on how smart your ref is.

cause those threads are awsome.... but scary
workinprog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 workinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to allworkinprog is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

If its going in a crx and it had dual point that's one thing that screams atteintion. That was the first thing my ref noticed then the vtec solenoid then he looked under the carpet and saw the harness and the ecu and I failed

cause those threads are awsome.... but scary
workinprog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 12:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

nope it will not pass most ref's are to smart now i regular smog shop will pass it all day long. but yea it wont pass visual

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

Dawm well thanx for the imput that helps me greatly ! As for hiden harness under my carpet it will not work cuz I have none lol !
But this dose lead me to yet another question..... I do have a almost complete jdm sohc zc motor ! It has everything minus the distributor n headers ! I do have sum e.o DC headers tho . If/would I be able to drop this motor in ? would I be able to ref it then ? And if so wat would I need to make this happen ? Which dizzy n is the sohc zc obd0 ?
Old 08-20-2009, 10:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Well I did find the awnsers I seek with some research ! I was jus guna use a d16a6 dizzy n drop it in n see wat happens ! My only concern is I got the motor from the junk yard so wil c what happens when I try n fire it up ??
Old 08-20-2009, 11:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

you should be fine w the zc hope it fires up for you
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in