What would cause this... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What would cause this...

Ok I bought some one elses project and now im paying for it. Ok the car is a 91 CRX hf with a d16z6 swap. The car runs just as im stating. It starts up great, the idiol surges around 1500-2000rpm. When you rev it up it spudders from 2000-4000ish, than opens up past 4200 like nothing is wrong. It has the xenocron obd1 jumper, 4 wire o2 sen. I read all the internet instructions for this harness double checked map sensor and all that stuff. I also did a tune up, cap, rotor, wires, plugs. Still same thing. I also know my Vtec pressure switch had low resistance when I checked it compared to my buddys d15. I didn't think that would effect the low rpm problem. Im kinda new to hondas and lost at this point any other help would be great
jetpilot106 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

To answer your question truthfully...Chuck Norris. All intake type sensors good? Nothing fuckin with your fuel? Anything wrong with timing? (I don't see timnig being a problem) Sounds like TPS.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2009, 08:40 PM   #3 (permalink)

I've had something similar happen which was caused by a faulty tps. You should check that out. Also there are a few things that can cause the idle surge. You should clean out your FITV and your IACV. Also bleeding your coolant might fix your idle surge problem. This is what cause the idle surge on my car. It happened after I did a coolant flush. Lastly do you have any sort of CEL? And is running a stock ecu?
Nutella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

clean your iacv. ive done it before..... easy job. its on the back of your intake manifold. google image it so you know what to look for. disconnect the hoses (a little coolant will run out) unbolt it from the IM and get some carb clean and spray the screen. then let it completely dry out and put it all back on.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:41 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizard's blood View Post
clean your iacv. ive done it before..... easy job. its on the back of your intake manifold. google image it so you know what to look for. disconnect the hoses (a little coolant will run out) unbolt it from the IM and get some carb clean and spray the screen. then let it completely dry out and put it all back on.
There is totally a DIY thread here for that. Makes life really easy.
Old 08-18-2009, 09:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thewall View Post
There is totally a DIY thread here for that. Makes life really easy.
really? haha, why is there a diy on replacing a starter. haha. is there one for removing seatbelts too? ha
Old 08-18-2009, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

https://d-series.org/forums/diy-forum...highlight=IACV
WTF are you talking about? You have to be mechanically inclined to know how to remove seat belts with out someone else telling you how :td:
Old 08-18-2009, 02:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

So what would make it spudder at the 2000-4000 range. I know the vtec pressure switch is bad but would that cause a problem in that rpm range.
Old 08-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #9 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

vtec switch is bad? i thought you said that it was fine?

for idle surge, you have your answer above, for the sputtering look above, also a vacuum leak could cause these problems as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2009, 02:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

I cleaned a bunch of shit this morning, replace throttle body gasket. Still no change.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

sounds like a vac leak some where to me

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-19-2009, 07:21 PM   #12 (permalink)

The new tb gasket looked more like the right one. It was kind of weird when I started it up it wouldnt idle at all, but it was still running at like 100 rpm lol. Im wondering if I adjust the idle up if that would make it right.

???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in