Injector swap question - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Injector swap question

whats up. last year i ran 450 injectors with a resistor box. now i have a new build and im going to use 550 rc injectors. now i know that 450 dsm injectors are low independence. and my new 550s are high. so i didnt wire a resistor box. i am also using an afc to tune it because im going to try to use the chip i have from the 450 injectors just pull some fuel out with the afc. overall my question is will the car start if my chip is for 450 and resistor if i use 550 no resistor
93minime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 07:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

yes your car should start. the chip doesnt care whether or not the injectors are low impedance. it will probably run like shit, but it should start

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 07:55 AM   #3 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

once it starts i can atleast look at the wideband and pull and add fuel as needed until the afr's are good
93minime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 11 wiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Boratwiledwhitecivic smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

This is a bad idea because you can't control timing properly this way. Don't you have a street tuner close to you? You might even be able to get it close by adjusting the fuel pressure but then you're horse power would be down to the dsm450's untill a retune. AFC's have their place in the garbage unless you don't have another afordable option or you're trying to tune modern vehicles with no support.
wiledwhitecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 09:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 15 Thewall is hot as a volcanoThewall is hot as a volcano
Thewall is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 14 reviews

AFC's are expensive Honda maunual weights.
Thewall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in