P28 chipping woes - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 11:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via AIM to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via MSN to BLaCkSiLo
Default P28 chipping woes

hey guys, got a question...

so i chipped/socketed my ecu, had my local tuner who will be tuning my car burn me a basemap for my 3bar and 450 injectors... i put on all the turbo stuff minus the injectors/ecu/3bar and drove it a few days in vacuum only to check for leaks and things.

so i placed all the caps/res/sockets in the ecu, but get a solid cel when i try and start it but the first problem seems to be the injector box wiring: i have searched a lot and wired it up like everyone else seems to do but when the fuel pump primes i get this horrible noise from the injectors that sounds like an electrical whine but really loud and bad sounding. from what i searched, the socket could be in backwards/bad or i messed up soldering? as for the injectors, are they bad or is my wiring bunko?

this is vaguely how it's wired up.. i can take some pics of the ecu as well, if needed... i removed j12, jumped j1, added two caps, a res, a socket and two chips that were included in the moates kit.

if i disconnect the injectors and prime the pump, no bad sounds, seems like the injectors are "groaning". any help would be nice, dyno appt coming up...

thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R.I.P.] The Purple Haze! - '94 EJ1: 234wtq/212wtq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLaCkSiLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Wow. Its wired semi-correctly. Shouldn't cause an issue... (no reason to have all the power wired but its fine I bet)

That's crazy that your hearing noise.. I really don't know what to tell you than to post a pic of the front and back of the board that can see if it is burned at all that's it...

But also. I have seen people first hand static shock and ruin an ecu or put a chip in bakcwards and fuck up an ecu too. So goodluck..
Old 08-16-2009, 09:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

? ok all the power wire do not come from the ecu for the injectors thy are hooked to the main relay for power the ecu just provides ground. So I donít know how that diagram would work.

I you plan on tuning you need to remove j12 to datalog but you need j1 jumped to run the external rom.

I think the injectors could be opening to prime the motor for start up I think its called start up/cranking fuel trim but donít quote me on that. So the sound could be normal. It runs? What code?
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via AIM to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via MSN to BLaCkSiLo

Alright so what i did to wire in the resistor box was i check the continuity with a DMM and then cut those wires, wired them to the red wire and took the remaining 4 black wires and fed them back to the injectors just like the hondata diagram displays...

I dont think the sound is normal, im kinda thinking its my ecu, i removed the j12 and jumped j1 but i get a solid cel before during and after the cranking. It ran for about 2 seconds then died because of no fuel? I have a gauge on the fuel rail thats reporting 40 psi but i dont think any is getting to the cylinders. I will try removing the jumper for stock map and see if it is still jacked, any common fuck ups with the ecu chipping? All my solders look clean and no crossing but i will double check

I used the obd1 chipping diy in the diy section if it helps... Thanks again

Old 08-16-2009, 06:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

What code is the cel?
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2009, 10:19 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

there was no code, i tried pulling a code but just stayed solid...

anyway, i found out what the problem was, upon closer examination, i had placed the zif connector in 1 row of pins off so it must have been sending some fucked up signals. i wired back up my resistor box and she runs great now, i feel like a complete moron but i guess the best thing is to check and re-check! dyno appt in the morning..

thanks again for the help

Old 08-16-2009, 10:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 25 cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!cory jordan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cory jordan Send a message via MSN to cory jordan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLaCkSiLo View Post
there was no code, i tried pulling a code but just stayed solid...

anyway, i found out what the problem was, upon closer examination, i had placed the zif connector in 1 row of pins off so it must have been sending some fucked up signals. i wired back up my resistor box and she runs great now, i feel like a complete moron but i guess the best thing is to check and re-check! dyno appt in the morning..

thanks again for the help
you failed, then you won!. good job . =)

put them numbers up asap doggy.

gone but never forgotten
cory jordan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in