Data logging issues Nokia Dku-5 cable - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2009, 04:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Data logging issues Nokia Dku-5 cable

Im using freelogg and the nokia dku-5 cable. The problem is when i start to data log i get data but it never changes. Im pretty sure i got the cable hooked up rite. Im using the following pins:

Orange = Pin 2
Green = Pin 5 TX -> Pin 4 On ECU
Red = Pin 6 Ground ->Pin 1 On ECU
White = Pin 4 RX -> Pin 2 On ECU
Blue = Pin 1
Yellow = Pin 3

I would assume that this is correct? I would like to get this working more as of a side project. As i have the moates hondalog coming. Any ideas are welcome!
zeroburn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2009, 09:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroburn View Post
Im using freelogg and the nokia dku-5 cable. The problem is when i start to data log i get data but it never changes. Im pretty sure i got the cable hooked up rite. Im using the following pins:

Orange = Pin 2
Green = Pin 5 TX -> Pin 4 On ECU
Red = Pin 6 Ground ->Pin 1 On ECU
White = Pin 4 RX -> Pin 2 On ECU
Blue = Pin 1
Yellow = Pin 3

I would assume that this is correct? I would like to get this working more as of a side project. As i have the moates hondalog coming. Any ideas are welcome!
Honestly man, I'd just wait for the Hondalog to come. I had a Nokia data cable years ago and it worked ok for the time but then I got my HULOG (same as hondalog just in a plastic case as I'm sure you know) and I've used it ever since with no wiring problems or any type of interfacing issues.

Plus it's got product support in case it breaks or goes haywire, where as the Nokia cable does not.

But if you're dead set on having the Nokia cable then take a trip to PGMFI.org and read more on it there.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2009, 10:07 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Yea i know the hondalog will fix all my issues for sure, i just wanted to get this working lol I think after doing some more reading it might have to do with J12 not being cut for full duplex operation as i didnt chip this ecu someone else did. So ill pull the cover off the ecu after work and see what the deal is!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Yea i know the hondalog will fix all my issues for sure, i just wanted to get this working lol I think after doing some more reading it might have to do with J12 not being cut for full duplex operation as i didnt chip this ecu someone else did. So ill pull the cover off the ecu after work and see what the deal is!
Good call. J12 not being cut will definitely affect your datalogging.
Old 08-17-2009, 04:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Had a wedding this weekend which i was in lol so the only thing i got to do was find out out that J12 was not cut so i cut it! I was able to get live data now but in ECU Control and FreeLog the data is very werid. Like rpm is very weird(when reving it bounces all over the place), Vss signal is at a constant 22 mph and other stuff like that. Im gonna take a video after work today and post it for all to see my issues, i would think that i would get this with the honda log as well? Is there any specifc setup in the programs?
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

I used to use Freelog with decent success but I finally broke down and bought a Crome Pro license and the datalogging is flawless now. I used to get random problems with Freelog, kind of like what you mentioned. I think it has to do with the datalogging protocol in the rom you're using versus what Freelog is looking for. I never got 100% success, always had some random issue.

Realistically, if you're doing any serious tuning I'd get a Crome Pro license and go from there.

I don't think you ever mentioned what program you were using for tuning but I like Crome Pro a lot. eCtune is also good. Take your pick.

Last edited by Falcon7; 08-17-2009 at 06:56 AM.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Thanks! I think your right about the protocol issue as thats the only thing i can think of, my line of work is computer network communication and that makes good sense. I was thinking of getting the pro license but didnt just want to buy it and not be what i need and waste money.

96 Honda Civic LX
D16Z6 Swap
OBD2 -> OBD1
Old 08-18-2009, 07:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Thanks! I think your right about the protocol issue as thats the only thing i can think of, my line of work is computer network communication and that makes good sense. I was thinking of getting the pro license but didnt just want to buy it and not be what i need and waste money.
The pro license is definitely not a waste of money. You'll be quite pleased with the results.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in