Gunk motor flush!?!?!?! - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 11:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Vantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 4 reviews
Default Gunk motor flush!?!?!?!

has anyone ever used Gunk Motor Flush before? if so, what were the results? im thinking about using it with the next oil change...wondering if it will tear shit up like seafoam...?
Vantec89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2009, 01:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

...I have no clue lol
Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 02:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

it sure will flush out the "gunk"....if gunk means every rubber seal in the engine, then yes it works great. :td:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2009, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 Aphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagleAphexb is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
it sure will flush out the "gunk"....if gunk means every rubber seal in the engine, then yes it works great. :td:
lol
Aphexb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series Rally Man

Rep Power: 12 Honda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to allHonda-Rallying is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Ive heard its good stuff, im planning on using it in the near future to help with possible sticking oil rings...

Oh and I heard it was good from a very good mechanic too..

My build:

Honda-Rallying is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....boost ben It's a JDM Star Bitches....

You could do the diesel trick.

https://d-series.org/forums/diy-forum...ine-flush.html
boost ben is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexb View Post
...I have no clue lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphexb View Post
lol

awesome use of bandwidth...... sigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:15 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular10SecRex is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

i've personally used it. it does get alot of the "gunk" stuff out. i used it and pulled the motor out it was surprisingly clean compared to other motors i've torn apart. i've never and will never use it on a turbo'd car though.

flushing it out once in a while is not bad imo.

10SecRex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 Vantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like BoratVantec89 smells like Borat

Quote:
Originally Posted by boost ben View Post
according to that...the down time would be too much for me. the Motor Flush is easy...you put it in before you change your oil, run the motor for 5-10 minutes then change your oil, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10SecRex View Post
i've personally used it. it does get alot of the "gunk" stuff out. i used it and pulled the motor out it was surprisingly clean compared to other motors i've torn apart. i've never and will never use it on a turbo'd car though.

flushing it out once in a while is not bad imo.
ok, cool! this is what i was looking for. im just a little worried with my motor having 203,XXX hard miles on it, it would be to tough on it.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 29 Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Civichatch91 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 36 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Civichatch91

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
awesome use of bandwidth...... sigh
I think postwhoring is to blame for this....

But yea I ran it through my old pickup truck with 180k miles on the tach and after it was out and I put new oil in, it smoked,leaked oil everywhere and then I sold the truck 2 weeks later.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civichatch91 View Post
But yea I ran it through my old pickup truck with 180k miles on the tach and after it was out and I put new oil in, it smoked,leaked oil everywhere and then I sold the truck 2 weeks later.
that doesnt sound like anything i want, lol
Old 08-04-2009, 12:26 PM   #12 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 d16asfck is learning the way of the Dd16asfck is learning the way of the D
Send a message via MSN to d16asfck

real good to me
it make your old oil non sticky so it flush like water out ov your motor thats all it does
work great on old car used 2 times in my brother 92 mazda protege
about 380 000km bp01 1.8 shoc running piggy rich
custom cai-magnaflow exhaust

IRISH
BLOOD

HELLAFLUSH
hawt! but stupid.
just like blonds...

blah,blah,blah.......well fuck you

EG8
EJ1
d16asfck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 12:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Auto-Rx>Gunk
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 12:46 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

its going to clean out all of your old gaskets which have all that gunk built up on high mileage motors which keeps them from leaking believe it or not... once its all cleaned out, be ready for some oil leaks...dont use it, just change the oil, make sure its always at the proper level, and your motor will be happy.... i have a 92 firebird with 200k on it.. engine is dirty as hell, and i know for a fact if i would use something like this, you can say hello to oil leaks... my firebird doesnt burn or leak one drop of oil....

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 01:22 PM   #15 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

A Chevy motor that doesn't leak or burn oil?????

Inconceivable!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series soldier

im hearing more bad than good...so, i dont think im gonna use it.
Old 08-04-2009, 03:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via AIM to vondudka

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
its going to clean out all of your old gaskets which have all that gunk built up on high mileage motors which keeps them from leaking believe it or not... once its all cleaned out, be ready for some oil leaks...dont use it, just change the oil, make sure its always at the proper level, and your motor will be happy.... i have a 92 firebird with 200k on it.. engine is dirty as hell, and i know for a fact if i would use something like this, you can say hello to oil leaks... my firebird doesnt burn or leak one drop of oil....

I agree with this. When I hit 170k I went from 5w30 to 10w30 oil and I don't change it all that often maybe every 7k instead of 3k. I don't exactly want it to run super clean because I had an old saturn that started getting oil leaks everywhere because I cleaned the engine with gunk and the similar products.

Stick with just changing the oil. I hit 180k the other day and I still have no leaks and thats all I do.
vondudka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 03:43 PM   #18 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post

Inconceivable!
indeed

sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-04-2009, 05:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 14 94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough94EXa2 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via MSN to 94EXa2

ive used gunk once with good results. i use seafoam ALOT! EVERYWHERE and have never had a single problem. maybe y'all use it wrong(if thats possible)
Old 08-04-2009, 05:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 11 97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all97-Civic-Ex is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 23 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post

Inconceivable!
That's a pontiac motor not a chevy motor. Sorry I had to do that because when I owen a camaro,... the firebird was the clone and deemed inferior(no offense to boostfreak). carry on.
97-Civic-Ex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in