Full throttle shift with crome free - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 04:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic
Default Full throttle shift with crome free

i dont know how many people actually use this feature... but i got it working... i have tried to get it working with my old all motor setup, but now it works with my boosted setup...

and honestly it works fucking bitchen...

with crome free you add extra features under plugins then you set up your launch control rpm, and your full throttle shift rpm....

my launch control is at 6400 and my full throttle shift is at 5400... so i launch get to redline, push in the clutch, shift gears, let out the clutch and the car resumes to pull to redline again..

what this does is, instead of having to speed shift when full thorttle, or let off the gas to shift to help the syncros line up you just hold it to the floor and it cuts the rpms down to your fts shift point...

what you need to do to get this to work, is get a cruise control clutch switch from the junkyar, or even a brake switch, but you need to put it in the lower threads.. youll see what im talking about theres teh brake switch then the cruise control switch thats lower... ill take pics tomorrow when i get my camera back...

you get one wire from the switch and run it to the ground, then get one wire and run it to pin b8 of the ecu and voila fts that works

i have to thank wiledwhitecivic on pgmfi.org he is the one that figured out its pin b8.. i have been trying to get this to work for 3 years now... i was just scared to be switching wires around and fry something..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mljMCdHuXNU

heres a little better video... this one i fixed my gasket leak between the turbo and manfold so now it hits full boost and when shifting gets back into boost alot faster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-XPx0OTkak

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by siregcivic; 08-08-2009 at 11:29 PM.
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-01-2009, 04:30 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

i use it and im N/a. :td:

Except my full throttle is at my rev limit of 7100. My launch is 4400.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2009, 06:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

Quote:
Originally Posted by siregcivic View Post
i dont know how many people actually use this feature... but i got it working... i have tried to get it working with my old all motor setup, but now it works with my boosted setup...

and honestly it works fucking bitchen...

with crome free you add extra features under plugins then you set up your launch control rpm, and your full throttle shift rpm....

my launch control is at 6400 and my full throttle shift is at 5400... so i launch get to redline, push in the clutch, shift gears, let out the clutch and the car resumes to pull to redline again..

what this does is, instead of having to speed shift when full thorttle, or let off the gas to shift to help the syncros line up you just hold it to the floor and it cuts the rpms down to your fts shift point...

what you need to do to get this to work, is get a cruise control clutch switch from the junkyar, or even a brake switch, but you need to put it in the lower threads.. youll see what im talking about theres teh brake switch then the cruise control switch thats lower... ill take pics tomorrow when i get my camera back...

you get one wire from the switch and run it to the ground, then get one wire and run it to pin b8 of the ecu and voila fts that works

i have to thank wiledwhitecivic on pgmfi.org he is the one that figured out its pin b8.. i have been trying to get this to work for 3 years now... i was just scared to be switching wires around and fry something..

pics and vids up tomorrow
dude thats awesome.. i could never find out or my tuner about have the fts work in crome gold.. that will help out a shit ton if this acually works... pictures of the acual switch i need... and to be honest since my car is drag only, i can probably just use the brake light switch.... in for the pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
i use it and im N/a. :td:

Except my full throttle is at my rev limit of 7100. My launch is 4400.
whats the point in setting a FTS at you redline anyway..??? it would be the same as just holding it floored without having fts if your doing it at redline anyway lol

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Nice I donít use it but I have been looking how to and found some of that info but hay nice to know it dose work.

I love when I hear about people blowing motors because thy leave the 3 step way high and it becomes there new revlimit lol.

Is b8 the psp input?
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 03:24 AM   #5 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Nice I donít use it but I have been looking how to and found some of that info but hay nice to know it dose work.

I love when I hear about people blowing motors because thy leave the 3 step way high and it becomes there new revlimit lol.

Is b8 the psp input?
yes it is....

lol

the only problem with crome free, as opposed to crome gold and ectune and hondata... etc... is your stuck to pin b8 i tried to figure out how to swtich it to another pin, but when im full throttle right before redline it still jumps up 200 rpm then cuts, but if i do it before redline lets say 6700 then it doesnt..

also when im stopped, and i push the clutch in, the ide jumps up 200 rpm i havent figured this out yet, my guess is because its supposed to be the powersteering switch but oh well..

i am happy it works

i will get pics later today, had a night of bar hoppin and chasin the single ladies

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
Old 08-02-2009, 08:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

lol ya the psp switch was designed to bump the idle up at higher ps load. Well it works.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-02-2009, 03:56 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
lol ya the psp switch was designed to bump the idle up at higher ps load. Well it works.
yea, thats why i was saying crome pro, ectune or hondata, and other problems but thats my top 3 i know well about....

i need to save up for some ectune...

i love crome free, but honestly i dont think i would buy crome pro, i think i would just man up a little extra for the ectune with as buggy as free is, i dont know if pro would be the same way or not... and from what i heard, ectune is freakin awesome

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-02-2009, 05:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

ectune is pretty sweet. i am glad i bought it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 07:39 AM   #9 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mmcmanus9442

So Normally on the clutch pedal you have the saftey switch, and then Cruise control. You use the cruise control one correct? and wire the pink wire to the ecu and the other side to ground?

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
mmcmanus9442 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM   #10 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

what about this option with turbo application ? keeping boost while clutching ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmcmanus9442 View Post
So Normally on the clutch pedal you have the saftey switch, and then Cruise control. You use the cruise control one correct? and wire the pink wire to the ecu and the other side to ground?
yes exactly... wire the pink wire to pin b8 on the ecu, and the other wire, i just grounded it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
what about this option with turbo application ? keeping boost while clutching ?
this is what im using it for, so i dont have to speed shift and ruin my tranny, and so i dont have to let off the gas and loose boost...

when i push in the clutch and shift, i dont slam gears anymore, i shift a little quicker then i shift when im cruising let out the clutch and go...

i only lose about 2-3 psi having it setup like this and shifting as slow as i do with it... im just tired of breakin shift forks when i slam gears and speed shift its not worth it anymore i would rather lose 3 tenths of a second in the 1/4 the ruin a tranny tryinng to go that much faster lol

pics tonight sorry i have not been home, and maybe a video of it in action

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2009, 03:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

I just tried this.

Pink wire to pin B8, black wire to grd.

Two step is set at 6000, FTS is at 4900. At a stop I can rev up past FTS to 2step, but when moving its constantly stuck at FTS.

Edit; regardless of clutch position.

And just tried again with the terminals switched and still nothing. I cannot go over 4900rpms while driving. I tried the upper switch and it works, just opposite. If hooked to the upper switch it will go over when i push the clutch in but not when the clutch is out.

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!

Last edited by mmcmanus9442; 08-03-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:16 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
I just tried this.

Pink wire to pin B8, black wire to grd.

Two step is set at 6000, FTS is at 4900. At a stop I can rev up past FTS to 2step, but when moving its constantly stuck at FTS.

Edit; regardless of clutch position.

And just tried again with the terminals switched and still nothing. I cannot go over 4900rpms while driving. I tried the upper switch and it works, just opposite. If hooked to the upper switch it will go over when i push the clutch in but not when the clutch is out.
strange, then that means either you have a bad ground or your lower switch is bad, because with the full throttle shift the pin looks for constant ground, and when the ground is broken it sets it to your rev point thats why with the lower switch you cant go past 4900 theres something wrong with it, but with your upper switch you can because it is grounding out when you push the clutch in

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-04-2009, 05:22 AM   #14 (permalink)

I was thinking the same thing, But pin b8 is actually + according to alldata.

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #15 (permalink)

finally uploaded the video of it its in the 1st post

sorry for taking forever to make this..

but one thing i have noticed with the crome free, if you push the clutch in fast and shift fast, it doesnt really work to well...

once you activate the switch for it to work, it takes a second for it to actually cut the rev limit and i think thats just because its going to the powersteering pressure pin... if it was ectune or maybe crome pro im sure it would work alot better but its crome free, so no bells and whistles, you want it to work, you gotta program it to work ...

but honestly im happy it works no more slamming gears

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 09:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

I went to the junkyard a few days ago and there was no 5 speeds there, So no new switch for me..

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 09:17 PM   #17 (permalink)

just watched the video, glad to see boost doesnt fall off that much anymore. I need to get this going!

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-07-2009, 10:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
just watched the video, glad to see boost doesnt fall off that much anymore. I need to get this going!
that is also i have a bad gasket between the turbo and manifold my high boost should have been 13psi but it was only hitting 11 and also falling more and spooling back up slower..

usually it drops like 4-5 psi and when i let out the clutch and accelerate again its back up to full boost... not as slow as it was in the video

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #19 (permalink)

glad to see it working for you. i need to quit slacking!

Build D16Z6 Coming soon!
Old 08-09-2009, 01:21 AM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
glad to see it working for you. i need to quit slacking!
new video on 1st post this one is better only 3rd to 4th shift tho... but you can see how much faster it spools back up

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in