Hole between 3000-5000 ? Map pics and .bin inside. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 AM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Question Hole between 3000-5000 ? Map pics and .bin inside.

Hey guys, I've made many street tuning with my setup.

This is roughly the list,

d16y7
y8 manifold matched to 60mm tb
bisi level 2 cam
4-2-1, test pipe 2.25 exhaust.

After several AFR adjustement, everything is around 13.5:1, I get a fuckin' hole in the fuel map, and also in power band between 3000 and 5000rpm @ WOT.

What should I do ? playing with ignition or replace all the ignition map ? cam gear ? something else ?

I have joined 3d map of ignition and fuel, and also my Crome .bin file.

Thank you
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image mapping y8 intake.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	214.9 KB
ID:	21259  

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Last edited by Belette; 12-11-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2009, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

im looking...

...be right back...

*insert interlude music here*

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 12:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

Your timing looks really good. I went ahead and did a little fix to the fuel problem.

Edit: Your timing between the 3000-5000 range was all over the place. I went in a smoothed it out. So go ahead and see what that does for you. :td:
Attached Files
File Type: bin d16y7 y8 manifold bisi stage 2 test 3 mjc fix.bin (32.0 KB, 30 views)

Last edited by mightyjoecivic; 07-31-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness

What did you do ? Doing smoothing option in crome ?

I want to understand what you did and why !

Thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Curious George

I did a double check on mine and your, and finally find that the 'fuel' hole I had between 3500 and 5000, you put more timing on this area and by this way added more fuel.

How can I tune without a dyno ignition timing ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 01:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
What did you do ? Doing smoothing option in crome ?

I want to understand what you did and why !

Thank you
I NEVER use the smoothing option. Your timing was going down in the middle of two cells that were going up. I matched the cells around your problem rpm window of 3k-5k. Also, the same thing with your fuel was happening. That will cause the power loss that your feeling. I tuned my b7 map as linear as possible for the smoothest acceleration and powerband as possible.

...plus it helps me that your non-vtec and thats what im good at tuning.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
I NEVER use the smoothing option. Your timing was going down in the middle of two cells that were going up. I matched the cells around your problem rpm window of 3k-5k. Also, the same thing with your fuel was happening. That will cause the power loss that your feeling. I tuned my b7 map as linear as possible for the smoothest acceleration and powerband as possible.

...plus it helps me that your non-vtec and thats what im good at tuning.
Ok I see !

Without a dyno it's hard to see, but I might get some good street tuning restult.

I love non vtec setup, easy to check mapping and what is exactly happening.

After that, should I tune back AFR ? if is still a fuel hole after that, do I need to add a bit more timing in this region ?

Thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 01:34 PM   #8 (permalink)

run it and see. If you see your self having to pull timing and fuel, then i would look into other factors causing this like intake and exhaust setup. Also, your dizzy timing too.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:35 PM   #9 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

badass thread right here
Old 07-31-2009, 01:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
run it and see. If you see your self having to pull timing and fuel, then i would look into other factors causing this like intake and exhaust setup. Also, your dizzy timing too.
I just burnt the chip, I will try it probably tomorrow afternoon, and I will tell you how it run. I will keep in mind your advice about smother fuel and timing curves, it should give more linear power, and lesser peaky.

I'm just playing right now with this setup, I'm going in few months turbo, but map base under vacuum to 0 condition will be done.

Thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belette View Post
I just burnt the chip, I will try it probably tomorrow afternoon, and I will tell you how it run. I will keep in mind your advice about smother fuel and timing curves, it should give more linear power, and lesser peaky.

I'm just playing right now with this setup, I'm going in few months turbo, but map base under vacuum to 0 condition will be done.

Thank you
Im going to give it a try right now, ill tell you how the low cam map works on my z6/y8 block.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #12 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
Im going to give it a try right now, ill tell you how the low cam map works on my z6/y8 block.
I think you should use the high cam,

Bisi level two has big lift and good diuration, need very much fuel over the stock cam. Injectors are near to be maxed out, 89% of duty cycle, it's enough to be reliable.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 02:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

if u want to tune your timing on the street get a det can, and advance your timing and listen for detonation

when you hear it, back it out a few degrees and retest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 02:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
if u want to tune your timing on the street get a det can, and advance your timing and listen for detonation

when you hear it, back it out a few degrees and retest
Is the best power It should made is just below the knocking level ?

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 02:18 PM   #15 (permalink)

yeah, you will always here a little detonation. But it shouldnt sound like your car is pooping out pots and pans. lol

Old 07-31-2009, 03:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 DRFT is learning the way of the DDRFT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

are you using a aftermarket cam gear? or a Y7 cam gear ? if so did you compensate for the 4.5 degree offset between obd2 and obd 1 ? make sure your ecu timing is in sync with mechanical timing
IE: looking at your maps your running 16 degrees base timing , make sure that is in sync with the dizzy.
lots of threads about that I dont want to get into it haha . just search and you shall find.
. very important. not being synced can cause power loss problems.
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 03:17 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 25 cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!cervan is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cervan Send a message via MSN to cervan

lol wow i really like that low cam it really feels great. Im going to be using this map from now on lol.
cervan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-31-2009, 04:01 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cervan View Post
lol wow i really like that low cam it really feels great. Im going to be using this map from now on lol.
my pleasure

Theres actually alot more in that map, the timing is very conservative.

Old 07-31-2009, 06:11 PM   #19 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
my pleasure

Theres actually alot more in that map, the timing is very conservative.
Lol can I have my part please ? If I remember I did 95% of that :P

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Old 07-31-2009, 06:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Curious George

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRFT View Post
are you using a aftermarket cam gear? or a Y7 cam gear ? if so did you compensate for the 4.5 degree offset between obd2 and obd 1 ? make sure your ecu timing is in sync with mechanical timing
IE: looking at your maps your running 16 degrees base timing , make sure that is in sync with the dizzy.
lots of threads about that I dont want to get into it haha . just search and you shall find.
. very important. not being synced can cause power loss problems.
I'm running @ 16 degrees. Thank you I'm still new to this site.

The qestions are about mapping, not cam gears and dizzy.

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in