Bee*R Rev Limiter Install - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2009, 12:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Ped Rac3r is learning the way of the DPed Rac3r is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Ped Rac3r
Default Bee*R Rev Limiter Install

So my Bee*R Rev Limiter turned up today, the installation instructions were all in Japanese so it took me a while to decipher it all. In the end I managed to find out what signal each wire is suposed to get. But now I cant seem to find a ECU pin diagram for my ECU, its quite an uncommon ECU as its for a JDM SOHC ZC dual carb in a 94 DC1 Integra, it only uses 2 plugs too. Does anybody have a link or and image of one (probably a silly question!)?

The only two wires I need to source are RPM signal and ignition signal (Power and ground should be easy enough to find). My dizzy has 2 wires going to it (carb dizzy), a blue wire which I know is tacho signal, and the other is black which Im unsure about... Are these the two wires I'm looking for?

Any help is appreciated!
Ped Rac3r is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

I was unaware that Bee*R made many for Honda or was Honda compatible.

Try looking online for and online manual in English.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 12:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 Ped Rac3r is learning the way of the DPed Rac3r is learning the way of the D

Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Jeezy View Post
I was unaware that Bee*R made many for Honda or was Honda compatible.

Try looking online for and online manual in English.
They make a Type H which is DC5 and S2000 specific, and the Type B is compatible with all other models and makes I believe.

I have managed to work out which wire is for what on the Bee*R, my questions is if those two wires from the distributor is what I need? (for RPM, and Ignition signal).

Last edited by Ped Rac3r; 07-30-2009 at 01:02 AM.

Old 07-30-2009, 12:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Lurking... ಠ_ಠ In Your Thread

Rep Power: 45 E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !E. Jeezy is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 51 reviews
Send a message via AIM to E. Jeezy Send a message via Yahoo to E. Jeezy

Post some pictures of what you have in front you.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"I dont like talking to car forum people as much as I used to so now I just stick to the picture threads." ~E. Jeezy

"I should have well over 30k posts but d-series.org doesn't take into account, all the shit that I talk."
~E. Jeezy

"I'm so awesome that I quote myself in my own signature."
~E. Jeezy
E. Jeezy is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Pics as requested:

Old 07-31-2009, 07:11 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

Anybody??
Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

If it is a rev limiter it will be somehow cutting ignition pulses via the coil. I have a feeling its like the msd and has to cut the wire and make it run through the box with the in and out wires from it
Old 08-01-2009, 02:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

I think I understand what your saying, but I dont think I can do that with this. Ive seen some installtion pics and all they do is just splice the wires into where ever the have to go (usually all from the ECU, but not in my case), but I dont see how splicing into the ignition signal wire is going to kill power to the coil?
Old 08-02-2009, 08:52 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series lover

Anybody have any idea's?
Old 04-17-2010, 04:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 9 reviews

This came in yesterday, I put it in this afternoon.

It came in a JDM box!

I have the 2 step trigger grounded through the clutch switch, so I can use it to full throttle shift as well. Fun stuff.

Now, a lot of installation guides online have the yellow and green wire listed as RPM and ignition, respectively. They say you just have to tap into the wires, and that the supplied instructions from Bee Racing are wrong. THIS IS WRONG

The fact is, the instructions from Bee*R ARE correct, albeit in japanese. So here's a translation I worked out. This is for OBD1 Civics.

This might help too.

BLACK - Ground
RED - Ignition power
WHITE - Rev2 trigger wire, ground to activate
GREEN - Ignitor wire, harness side
YELLOW - Ignitor wire, ECU side

BLACK AND RED WIRE
Find a suitable ground and power source. If you can't do this, stop now, get someone else to install it. You can take ignition power off the ECU at pin A25 like they suggest, but I chose not to mess with my ECU harness more than I had to.

WHITE WIRE
When you ground this wire, the Rev2 function is triggered. The best choices are either the hand brake or the clutch. For the hand brake, remove the trim around your shifter and tap into the GRY wire near the hand brake. For the clutch, tap into the BLU-BLK wire on your clutch switch.

GREEN AND YELLOW WIRE
Find pin A22 on the ECU harness and cut it, yes cut it, then properly insulate the wire ends. Find pin A21 on the ECU harness and cut it, then crimp on male and female bullet connectors. Both those wires should be RED-GRN.

Take your green wire from the Bee*R unit and crimp on a bullet connector, then connect it to the harness side of the A21 wire. Take your yellow wire from the Bee*R unit and crimp on a bullet connector, then connect it to the ECU side of the A21 wire.
Sentry is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 05:46 PM   #11 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!Egwhite is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Egwhite

^^ doesnt get much more helpful than that! +rep

Hello noob meet.....Google
Egwhite is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2010, 05:55 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 18 Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!
Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!Sentry is the fucking MAN!!!!

Thanks!

Old 04-17-2010, 08:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Sweet. I'm gonna try one out.
Old 04-22-2010, 08:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

work great on D15 OBD1 setup to ?
faburisu is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2010, 09:29 AM   #15 (permalink)

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
This came in yesterday, I put it in this afternoon.

It came in a JDM box!

I have the 2 step trigger grounded through the clutch switch, so I can use it to full throttle shift as well. Fun stuff.

Now, a lot of installation guides online have the yellow and green wire listed as RPM and ignition, respectively. They say you just have to tap into the wires, and that the supplied instructions from Bee Racing are wrong. THIS IS WRONG

The fact is, the instructions from Bee*R ARE correct, albeit in japanese. So here's a translation I worked out. This is for OBD1 Civics.

This might help too.

BLACK - Ground
RED - Ignition power
WHITE - Rev2 trigger wire, ground to activate
GREEN - Ignitor wire, harness side
YELLOW - Ignitor wire, ECU side

BLACK AND RED WIRE
Find a suitable ground and power source. If you can't do this, stop now, get someone else to install it. You can take ignition power off the ECU at pin A25 like they suggest, but I chose not to mess with my ECU harness more than I had to.

WHITE WIRE
When you ground this wire, the Rev2 function is triggered. The best choices are either the hand brake or the clutch. For the hand brake, remove the trim around your shifter and tap into the GRY wire near the hand brake. For the clutch, tap into the BLU-BLK wire on your clutch switch.

GREEN AND YELLOW WIRE
Find pin A22 on the ECU harness and cut it, yes cut it, then properly insulate the wire ends. Find pin A21 on the ECU harness and cut it, then crimp on male and female bullet connectors. Both those wires should be RED-GRN.

Take your green wire from the Bee*R unit and crimp on a bullet connector, then connect it to the harness side of the A21 wire. Take your yellow wire from the Bee*R unit and crimp on a bullet connector, then connect it to the ECU side of the A21 wire.
wait...did a noob just post this?!? whats this world comming to!!! REP+

2010-294whp D16Y7 T3/T4 24psi E85 12.77 @ 111mph!

2011-360whp D16Y7 GT3076R 25psi E85 12.05 @ 115mph!

2012-414whp D16Y7 GT3076R 28psi E85 11.68 @ 124mph!

Current Ride- 09 Acura TSX
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2010, 05:25 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburisu View Post
Yep.

Old 04-23-2010, 09:03 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 18 Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!Nasty_Canasta is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

That Bee*R is Awesome!
It looks like some effects box I would have had in my studio a long
time ago. Totally looks more like music gear than it does auto. Sweet.

If you need a part, hit me up. I'm willing to help out the remaining D-Series soldiers on the cheap.

Nasty_Canasta is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
n00b

Default Campatable?

So do they make one to work with a D15B7???
Ej2sohc is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 khmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the communitykhmoe  is accepted as part of the community

what is the point with this? Neptune and Hondata have lunch controll and revlimiter for ignition and fuel.
So what is the gain with this unit?
ITR Calipers ,Rear Disc, EBC Blue Stuff Pads.
299.2WHP on a Greddy kit

khmoe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-11-2013, 07:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
EF9
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 18 EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!
EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!EF9 is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by faburisu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentry View Post
Yep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ej2sohc View Post
So do they make one to work with a D15B7???
Reading.......

<- Deuce MKIa

<- Deuce MKIb
Will you make a contract with me? /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
Quote:
Magical spinning Doritos do not belong in cars...
EF9 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in