Dataloging gone wilde, noise polution maby? incl video.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2009, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Dataloging gone wilde, noise polution maby? incl video..

hi..

i have 2 systems integreated in my car.. an 91 civic with a swaped and boosted ZC in it.. all obd0

-in the ecu i have moates hulog
-on the side i have an Innovate LM2

both the loggers give off signals that are bouncing forth and back
this happens with the engine on and off (just with the ign. on)

first is the hulog, engine running and also a shot of the LM2 RPM bouncing like a mad man.. but if you look at the cluster it is nice and calm..

And then we have Logworks from innovate.. reading off the LM2 unit, tied into the OEM harnes (rpm signal from the blue wire off the dizzy)

exactly the same happens when the car is off (just ign on engine not running)
i have redone the grounds, sanded down and made new ones with bigger gauge cables and what not...

the battery is rear mounted and i have redone that also.. i run ngk R plugs so that should not be the source (considering that this continues when the engine is not running)

so i have now turned to you.. please help me, kind of desperate here and the dragrace is closing in, 1 week from now and i need the dataloging to map it befor that..

thanks in adwance to anyone trying to help me!
jossa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 04:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

Quote:
Originally Posted by jossa View Post
hi..

i have 2 systems integreated in my car.. an 91 civic with a swaped and boosted ZC in it.. all obd0

-in the ecu i have moates hulog
-on the side i have an Innovate LM2

both the loggers give off signals that are bouncing forth and back
this happens with the engine on and off (just with the ign. on)

first is the hulog, engine running and also a shot of the LM2 RPM bouncing like a mad man.. but if you look at the cluster it is nice and calm..

And then we have Logworks from innovate.. reading off the LM2 unit, tied into the OEM harnes (rpm signal from the blue wire off the dizzy)

exactly the same happens when the car is off (just ign on engine not running)
i have redone the grounds, sanded down and made new ones with bigger gauge cables and what not...

the battery is rear mounted and i have redone that also.. i run ngk R plugs so that should not be the source (considering that this continues when the engine is not running)

so i have now turned to you.. please help me, kind of desperate here and the dragrace is closing in, 1 week from now and i need the dataloging to map it befor that..

thanks in adwance to anyone trying to help me!
check to make sure the hulog is not plug in backwards on the ecu side. also did you cut j12 resistor out to enable full duplex data logging? and one last thing, what tuning software are you using? did you enable datalog in the map?
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I run the lm2 also. For my rpm I use the ignition control wire off the ecu. Not any of the spinning sensors in the distributor. If I remember rite it is 2 pulses every on revolution on the crank. You have to change that on the lm2 by holding mode and fiddling With the rpm section. You may have a problem with ground offset innovate is notorious for that.

You can take a look at my picks I have a brake away obd1 to obd1 for my lm2

If you are obdo there is no j12 but ya make sure you hulog is correct. I use turbo edit and ecu control for data logging. It is nice because you can get it live instead of pulling the card out of the lm2 and crap. I run the wideband out from the lm2 to my o2 in on the ecu.

Going obd1 is a bit better if you have the money. Obdo is good for na builds and light boost

ps the map sensor being a little jumpy at idle is ok you have to remember the iac is opening and closing. Also the problem with logworks 3 is that the map scaling if you put it to tables is backwards from the Honda tuning software.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-29-2009 at 04:25 PM.
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 04:25 PM   #4 (permalink)

thanks.. i am using BRE.. and the hondalog video is from the datalog part of BRE.. i wil test ecu controll.. thanks for the tip

what do you mean about the hondalog being correct? the pins in the ecu? they are ok..
Old 07-29-2009, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jossa View Post
thanks.. i am using BRE.. and the hondalog video is from the datalog part of BRE.. i wil test ecu controll.. thanks for the tip

what do you mean about the hondalog being correct? the pins in the ecu? they are ok..
I have put the hulog in backwards. I do not think ecu control works with bre only turbo edit at least the plug in the stand alone may. If you are running a dohc zc turbo edit will work. I have seen a pm7 base map around somewhere. Or if you have a sohc non vtec zc the pm6 is a nice base.

Sorry I am a bit out dataed on the obdo stuff.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-29-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 04:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

backwards? like wires the wrong way?

the program i use is a part of BRE that is datalogging.. i dont know if that is the same as the plugin in turbo edit..
the reason i am using that in BRE is that it gives me an overlay in the map of the current position

and i am running an DOHC ZC...
Old 07-29-2009, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

if the hulog wires are incorectly connected on ecu it will cause that the rx and tx connectors. i had same problem and turn the connector around and fixed that issue. also check the connection settings in device manager. the baud rate should match what the dataloging softwares baud rate is set at.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 05:12 PM   #8 (permalink)

i just used the pins that whas suplied by moates... do you have any pinout of the ecu tx rx for dataloging? 1-2-3-4-5 pins... 1-2-4 are in use as far as i can see..

Last edited by jossa; 07-29-2009 at 05:20 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Pick of ecu hulog plugged in? 4 pin, turbo edit has the "overlay" I think it is called map trace

If you want to use bre use bre.
If you want to use turbo edit use turbo edit.

Ecu control is 2 things as a plug in for turbo edit it is your data logger (you have to add it). As a stand alone it is just a data logger program that may work with bre don’t know.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-29-2009 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

just found this..

1: GND
2: RX (send Data from the PC to the ECU)
3: +5 Volt
4: TX (send Data from ECU to the PC)
5: N.C. (not connected)

this is for an obd1 ecu but should work
Datalogging - ECtune Wiki
Old 07-29-2009, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuse View Post
Pick of ecu hulog pluged in? 4 pin, turbo edit has the "overlay" I think it is called map trace

sorry typo..:P
Old 07-29-2009, 05:35 PM   #12 (permalink)

ah.. ok.. i am going to test this out.. turbo edit and ecu conntrol.. thanks!

so you think the iratic readings could just be BRE dataloging not working?

how about the lm2 then?
Old 07-30-2009, 02:49 AM   #13 (permalink)

ok.. thanks a bunch! tried using ecuconntroll pluggin for turbo edit and it works! stable reading but i cant get the overlay function to work..

now all i need is the LM2 RPM to straigthen out and i can start working on my tune..

so, anyone have any ideas?
Old 07-30-2009, 04:32 PM   #14 (permalink)

You are just going to have to mess with it. I made a post a long time ago about te. If this helps any.

spoon feed turboedit + ecucontrol plug in - talkJDM.com It is a bit old I was a little new at tuning when I made this so cut me some slack.

xeno has some stuff on te too on his web site.
or pm
Old 07-31-2009, 02:09 AM   #15 (permalink)

i think i found one of the problems.. i am using ecu control 5.8.46 and in your guide you use 6.1.15.. i have tried searching all over for it.. not finding it.. you have any links?

and the PRM signal.. today i am going to try to move the point og entry in the wire harnes to after the tack and see if that makes any difference..
less noise there...
Old 07-31-2009, 03:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

ok.. now running the newest verson of ecu control and things looking a bit brighter

just living up to my noob status :P

Last edited by jossa; 07-31-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in