AEM f/i controler on a 91 civic - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2009, 10:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Question AEM f/i controler on a 91 civic

I have a 91 civic that I just recently boosted,
But no luck on tuning. I have a chiped pm6 with a set of base maps. Does any one know if Ican use an AEM f/i controler without converting to obd1. Just for tuning purposes.
ss dime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2009, 04:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 14 combz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eaglecombz is fly like an eagle

okay, first thing first. The FIC needs to be wired in correctly!! the two biggest things are wiring in cam and crank sensors correctly..i think there is MAG and HAL style? I can't remeber. but you need to find out if your car has these sensors, and what type they are.

If you have figured that out and need help tuning with it, i can help you.

Are you still runing in closed loop? or have you taken out your o2 sensors?

You know that the AEM FIC boost map is in absolute pressure too right? so where it says 15psi, its actually 0psi boost on the gauge.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1998 civic lx-T
d16z6, GT3076r, vitaras, FJ rods, supertech springs/retainers, bisi 2.4 turbo cam, Exospeed star8's wrapped in 23" MT's

Dyno vid

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
combz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
n00b

So what would be the best route on a D16z6. Just convert to obd1 with a p28, Or get a standalone. Yes I did take out the O2, The guy I got the pm6 from said it didnt need it. Im running rich all the time (10.9) on my wideband. As you can see im new at the civic thing lol.

Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

i used the f/ic for a while...once used to the set up its a nice tuning option if you need to stay obd2 for emmissions etc.............

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 09:34 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

i was about to ask if this was for obd2 or not. Yes, the better option would be to convert to obd1/chipped p28 and tune. Running a chipped ecu is almost as good as a standalone ecu.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 20 tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!tronsteezz is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by combz View Post
MAG and HAL style?

correct there are magnetic inductive, magnetic reluctive and Hall type optical sensors. The three distributor sensors on early hondas are magnetic reluctive.
You guys should all just get Miatas.
Nobody ever tries to race you, old guys give you thumbs up all the time, and random assholes yell homophobic obscenities at you.
tronsteezz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2009, 04:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
n00b

See Im still obd0, An my Budy has an AEM f/i controler kinda cheap, Thats why I was asking. So its totaly out of the question then right. If so thanks for your help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in