Lean huh? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2009, 12:35 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 43 reviews
Default Lean huh?

So lately my car's air/fuel gauge has been showing me running lean.... so here is the culprits that I think it could be... bad o2 sensors? bad gas? I recently put some Lucas fual treatment in.... so it may take time for that to go thru? bad fuel pressure reg? I dunno what else it could be? I recently replaced the fuel pump(walbro 255) and fuel filter as well... along with plugs and wires.... any suggestions? BTW its a 96 ex with the 15g greddy kit tuned with crome....
MyblkVTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

is it just a af gauge or is it a wideband?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

start looking into it...check your fuel pressure...check your spark plugs (they can tell you if you are running to lean, spark plugs tell the story)...for a lean condition it could be any of those things you are speaking of, to include a leaky exhuast system before the o2...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2009, 12:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!
MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!MyblkVTEC is the fucking MAN!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
is it just a af gauge or is it a wideband?
not a wideband.... my tuner used one while tuning tho...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky View Post
start looking into it...check your fuel pressure...check your spark plugs (they can tell you if you are running to lean, spark plugs tell the story)...for a lean condition it could be any of those things you are speaking of, to include a leaky exhuast system before the o2...
the plugs are a little white on the tip.... so that means lean correct? its weird cause it happened out of the blue...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Ya.. I bet its a fuel pressure regulator. It was for me lol...
Old 07-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

custom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussiecustom_junky is a Top Aussie

did you check the fuel pressure? you need to know what your fuel pressure is before and after the FPR, and what it needs to be...

Quote:
There's two things in life you never want people to know about you...
1. You know how to work on cars.
2. You know how to work on computers.

You my friend are cursed with this info being out in the open.
^ little truth ^

R.I.P. Milo
R.I.P. PatPrimmer
custom_junky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 12:57 PM   #8 (permalink)
formerly Kit88

Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....Hugo Boost Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 76 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Hugo Boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyblkVTEC View Post
not a wideband.... my tuner used one while tuning tho...
what king of gauge ????

If is a narrow band gauge, maybe that´s the problem.

But check your fp

Thanks to my sponsors:

FJ Distributors, Special Project Motorsports (Kiwi) ,Performance Porting,Transzex, Alexracing, RSM motorsports, Go-Autoworks, D-series.org, SpeedFactory, Bisimoto
Hugo Boost is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 01:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom_junky View Post
did you check the fuel pressure? you need to know what your fuel pressure is before and after the FPR, and what it needs to be...
well one of my mounts was shot and my valve cover hit my FPR(because of where it was mounted) and broke the gauge on it... so it doesnt work... and it might have broken the reg too... but I ordered a new FPR, it should be here any and my tuner looked into my tune and said to set it at 43.5 psi
Old 07-22-2009, 02:02 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 13 DRFT is learning the way of the DDRFT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

well what area's on your map or when you drive do you see it mostly go lean?
is it at idle , light cruising ? or WOT?
I am suspecting FPR but also leaning towards that the fact your using a
narrow band gauge. It does not have the range to measure a/f compared to
a wideband so maybe your readings on the gauge are off compared to the readings that your tuner adjusted for when he used his wideband.
narrowband 0-1v
wideband 0-5v

my .2
DRFT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

thanks for the responses guys!
Old 07-22-2009, 08:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

A true blue wide band will tell the story a little better. Plug on a na motor for the most part read white. Do a wide open and kill it just before it hits revlimit then pull them out. Take a pick post it up. I cant read plugs for shit but I will try lol.

I can tell if you are knocking or running way lean.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-22-2009, 08:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Invest in a wideband Paul.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

ok guys im gonna start my list of culprits... ill keep everyone updated... I know there is a giant tear in my flex before my O2 sensor and that is most likely why its acting up.... so im gonna replace that first.... it needs to be done anyways....
Old 07-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

how do you know your running lean..?? if you dont have a wideband? i highly doubt its your FPR... post a picture of your plugs

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 03:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
how do you know your running lean..?? if you dont have a wideband? i highly doubt its your FPR... post a picture of your plugs
because my gauge reads SOLID RED. Its NEVER EVER been like that. To be honest it was very accurate for a narrow band... any time I even touched the gas the gauge would adjust where it should.... I have been on this tune for about 1.5 years now and my FPR was smashed against my VC due to some motor mount issue, so its pretty trashed.... the new one should be here any day now...

Last edited by MyblkVTEC; 07-23-2009 at 03:36 PM.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:45 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series G0D

I mean its so broke the damn gauge moves up and down and around.... and the needle is stuck.... so im assuming that cant be good.. ha
Old 07-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

ive never ever heard of a narrow band o2 sensor read any type of accuracy... well if your fpr was smashed... then i guess thats the problem..??? you never said it was smashed lol

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2009, 04:22 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfreak0885 View Post
ive never ever heard of a narrow band o2 sensor read any type of accuracy... well if your fpr was smashed... then i guess thats the problem..??? you never said it was smashed lol
lol yeah man I prolly should have mentioned that.... it hit the VC like 5 times and it is not working right.... lol but no worries im gonna get the new one in sooon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in