Tps position moved since dyno tuned - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
nik
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Tps position moved since dyno tuned

I got my car dyno tuned about few months ago, since then everything was fine...the other day my tps sensor went bad after changing the intake manifold and i couldn't get the original setting on the tps. I have put the tps back to its original setting at .5V at fully closed throttle. I don't believe it was exactly .5V when i went for tuning. Now when i start my car, i get a lot of misfire when i hit Wide open throttle. Any one can post any remedy or would i have to go back to get it retuned on the dyno...any thoughts...?

Thanks,
Nik
Advertisement

Old 07-17-2009, 09:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

Talk to your tuner, normally they would be happy to help you set it back. In fact they should have checked it before tuning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2009, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
nik
n00b

but my assumption is correct? Moving the TPS around will change the fuel and ignition maps correct?

Old 07-18-2009, 10:35 AM   #4 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Did you say it was low or high at idle whenever it was wrong?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:02 AM   #5 (permalink)
nik
n00b

i don't remember what originally the tps was set to when it was dyno tuned. So now i don't know what voltage to set the tps to. I currently have it set to the stock oem setting of .5V at full closed throttle. What difference i have noticed since i changed the tps is that it takes longer for me to start the car, more cranking revolutions. Once it starts, it idles fine but then trying to launch off the light at full throttle, i get multiple mis-fire going on...so i am assuming its due to the tps setting being different...or would the computer adjust the minor different in the tps and the problem could be else where?
Old 07-18-2009, 11:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

It probably is lean miss fire or to rich / flooding out. Changing the tp setting changes what tip in needs to be. You may just play with it and see if you can get it back to what it was with trial and error.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 08:32 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

take it back to the tunner and get him to reset it at no cost..
stay_up is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #8 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Hold up. you changed the intake manifold????? and the tps broke or you took it off ( forgetting to mark it) and then you put the same one back on. at .5 at idle. clarify .
Old 07-19-2009, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by stay_up View Post
take it back to the tunner and get him to reset it at no cost..
I don't know if the tuner has any obligation to do anything, since he changed the manifold himself. It's not the tuners fault he changed things. On the other hand, it doesn't hurt to ask your tuner for a little help.
I thought the fuel and timing maps come directly from vac and boost readings, and TPS is just for decel, idle, and tip in. Correct me if I'm wrong. I would think his problem is elsewhere though. What exactly did you do when swapping the manifold. Did you remove the dizzy at all? What was the car doing to make you think the TPS went bad in the first place?

Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 06:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
nik
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by singleslamhp View Post
I thought the fuel and timing maps come directly from vac and boost readings, and TPS is just for decel, idle, and tip in. Correct me if I'm wrong. I would think his problem is elsewhere though. What exactly did you do when swapping the manifold. Did you remove the dizzy at all? What was the car doing to make you think the TPS went bad in the first place?
Thats what i am unsure about. I was under the impression that the tps has a role in the timing and fuel maps? The car ran perfectly fine until recently it started mis-firing when i rev hard or try to launch fast. So i changed the tps sensor thinking that might be the problem but i never gave any consideration to noting down the voltage because i figured it was stock. Now it occured to me that maybe the tps setting was different when it was dynoed. Other then that, i didn't touch any other thing like the dizzy or anything. Maybe i should check the dizzy...could be the rotor inside the dizzy...

Thanks all that replied
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in