LM-1 + WB via the ECU reading accuracy ? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2009, 01:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default LM-1 + WB via the ECU reading accuracy ?

I got LM-1 + WB hooked on the ecu, I can datalog well, that is not the point, but on the Lm-1 , I don't read the same afr than writen in freelog.

How accurate is the reading via the ecu and datalog in freelog ? Can I take it for the right AFR ? Or too much analog noise between wideband to ecu / ecu to laptop ?

I don't see clearly in this, I saw too much website talking different things about that, and nothing clear in this site.

thank you guys

Setup in building:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Video of my old setup:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2009, 02:17 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

You have to program your LM-1 with the LM Programmer software from Innovate. If you bought it new it should have came in the box with all the stuff including the serial cable that allows you to program it, if not then I think you can download it from their site. Also, if you don't have a DB9 serial port on your computer you need to go to RadioShack and buy their Serial to USB converter (this one works for me, there are others as well).

I use CromePro so I'm not sure what input they use for the wideband input in Freelog, but if they use the stock O2 input then it can only handle about 3.8 Volts.

At any rate, the idea is the same no matter what you're using for the wideband input:

With the LM Programmer software, you program your LM-1's Analog 1 output to the desired max and min values.

If you're using the stock O2 input as your wideband input then you should set it to 0.1 Volts for 7.35 AFR and 3.5 Volts for 22.05 AFR.

In Freelog, you set the settings to match the settings of your LM-1

As long as your settings in Freelog and LM Programmer match you'll be good to go.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 02:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

with Crome there is an o2 offset you need to adjust to match the wideband. i would trust the wideband reading over the datalog until you get the numbers to match

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
with Crome there is an o2 offset you need to adjust to match the wideband. i would trust the wideband reading over the datalog until you get the numbers to match

+1. Forgot to mention this. I think 0.63 volts is the offset I use.

Results may vary, so take ryan's advice trust the wideband until you get the numbers to match.
Falcon7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 03:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Curious George

Rep Power: 18 Belette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatnessBelette is approaching greatness
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

Ok ! I'll take a look on that, and try to make them match

thank you

Setup in building:

Video of my old setup:

Awesome Photography Thread:

Belette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 07:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 24 Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!Atmosfear is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
i would trust the wideband reading over the datalog until you get the numbers to match
x2. Im running the same WB only with an LC-1.

Like you, I also found so much contradictory bickering when I was looking into this some time ago....all it did was frustrate the shit out of me.
Atmosfear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-14-2009, 08:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Adjust the wideband setting in freelog to match your lm-1 gauge.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in