Fuel injector cleaning - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 AM   #1 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nolakid504 is learning the way of the Dnolakid504 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Fuel injector cleaning

so last night i pulled my dirty/clogged injectors and sat them in some gas and left them over night. this morning i pulled them and cleaned them off getting all the left over crud that wasnt left in the tank of gas.

i hooked them up and now they are squirting not spraying. better than nothing right?

so instead of waiting til tomorrow for a shop to open up i came up with an idea.

pull one injector out and set in a dummy injector to keep the pressure in the rail.

now take the pulled injector and put the harness clip back on. grab a piece of hose and slide it onto the top of the injector.

now on the other end of the hose place a small funnel into the hose. add a cap of gas and a cap of seafoam. now get in the car and turn the motor over. let the gas and seafoam cylce though until its fully spraying like it should be.

now pull the fuel rail again and replace and repeat with the next injector.

now i havent tested this idea but im about to. will let you guys know how it goes.

would like some feedback on the idea also. will it work? will it damage anything? etc.. lmk.
nolakid504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2009, 12:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

It sounds like it would theoretically work but I've never done it. I also need a solution for a few injector sets I have that aren't flowing as should
Old 07-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 14 paulwall will become famous soon enoughpaulwall will become famous soon enoughpaulwall will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

i dnt think they will work without fuel pressure. try it but i dnt think they will spray

check out my build, lots of porting pics!!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
paulwall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2009, 01:07 PM   #4 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nolakid504 is learning the way of the Dnolakid504 is learning the way of the D

it semi worked.. but like paul said.. i need more pressure.. it wasnt spitting fully becuase of the pressure not being there.

trying to think up a way to build the pressure..

but for when it did go through it was spraying more than it was squirting..but like i said.. not enough pressure to give real results..
Old 07-12-2009, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....spelts-face is almost there....
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

if billy mayes was still alive he could sell it!
spelts-face is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spelts-face View Post
if billy mayes was still alive he could sell it!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 13 Kyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropesKyred is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 21 reviews

I did this once. I used my old fuel pump from when I swapped it out for the walbro. Just set the pump in a tank of whatever cleaner you use and run a hose from the fuel pump to the top of the injector. Then I used a batt charger to run the pump. I like your idea of hooking it to the injector clips though. I used a 9 v battery to pulse mine, but I think you can damage them if you keep them open too long. The only problem I had was it would be better to have a way to regulate the fuel pressure, because the pump wants to push the hose off.

Another idea for pressure is to make a tank with 2 fittings on it. A hose barb at the bottom and an air compressor fitting at the top. Fill it with cleaner and hook the fuel injector hose to the bottom and an air compressor to the top. Then set air regulator on the compressor to 20 PSI or so. Just make sure you use a tank that can take the pressure.

GLWT

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Kyred is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 03:02 PM   #8 (permalink)

thats actually two great ideas just too bad i dont have either at my disposal.

ill be damned in i take that pump out again i hate doing that.. i just got my back seat back in too...
Old 07-12-2009, 03:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews

DIY fuel injector cleaner!!!!!!!! I thought about making something like this, but I have way more idea's then time and energy to do them all.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

can some1 do a how to with picture please!!
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 03:54 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immajackuup View Post
can some1 do a how to with picture please!!
once we figure out a way that actually works then yea.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 15 immajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagleimmajackuup is fly like an eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolakid504 View Post
once we figure out a way that actually works then yea.
sweet
immajackuup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 04:23 PM   #13 (permalink)

if my injectors arent cleaned by the seafoam tomorrow. im hitting up ace hardware to build something like this:

Old 07-13-2009, 03:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
KGP
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 KGP is learning the way of the DKGP is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 30 reviews

As much as I am all for DIY projects, this is one that may not be worth the effort.

For all the time and money you are going to spend on building something to attempt to get the results you desire, why not send them off for a professional to do and you can be 100% sure about your results getting before and after results.. cost would be $50 total for 4 injectors https://d-series.org/forums/d-series-...l-members.html
Visually an injector can "spray" properly, but volume wise can be way off. When I say visually, I am saying visually for someone who has seen thousands of the same injector, not a guy in his driveway saying it "looks" good.
KGP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 04:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 oilspot will become famous soon enoughoilspot will become famous soon enoughoilspot will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

I've seen threads on other forums about using a small ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean fuel injectors. From what I remember reading people were getting really good results.

oilspot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-13-2009, 05:21 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGP View Post
As much as I am all for DIY projects, this is one that may not be worth the effort.

For all the time and money you are going to spend on building something to attempt to get the results you desire, why not send them off for a professional to do and you can be 100% sure about your results getting before and after results.. cost would be $50 total for 4 injectors https://d-series.org/forums/d-series-...l-members.html
Visually an injector can "spray" properly, but volume wise can be way off. When I say visually, I am saying visually for someone who has seen thousands of the same injector, not a guy in his driveway saying it "looks" good.
as much as i would love to to send mine off to be cleaned i cant. i dont have the time.
Old 07-15-2009, 01:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 royaltrex7 will become famous soon enoughroyaltrex7 will become famous soon enoughroyaltrex7 will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilspot View Post
I've seen threads on other forums about using a small ultrasonic jewelry cleaner to clean fuel injectors. From what I remember reading people were getting really good results.
i have heard that is the best way for diy
royaltrex7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #18 (permalink)

Rep Power: 19 crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!crazymx6 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to crazymx6

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGP View Post

ive sent all my injectors through you guys....

great work fast turn around and you know how clean you injectors are.....if they are still good etc.......welll worth the money

if you want to clean at home just put some lucas fuel treatment in your tank for the next 10 or so fill ups then every other there after

crazymx6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in