Help safc - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Help safc

I have the Super AFC i got from a friend of mine. Its the one with the 5 dials and you have to push to turn them

There is -30/+30 I read that taking away map gives more timing. Is that true? EG: -30 = +2deg
+30= -2deg

I have some settings at the following:

800 -2
2400-4
4000-2
5400-2
7200-2

Am i going the right way? Or do i have to add fuel as i go up in RPM?? How do i map this?
JDM_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2009, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

my setting are like such

500 -3
1000 -4
1500 -5
2000 -5
2500 -6
3000 -6
3500 -7
4000 -7
4500 -7
5000 -8
5500 -9
6000 -9
6500 -9
7000 -8
7200 -8

FYI: im using the Apexi Neo (the black w/ color screen one) with my lame-o stock narrowband o2 sensor, get a wideband and then u will be able to tune it more efficiently. it might have a A/F ratio gauge setting on there... try to make is 13 -13.5 at WOT (wide open throttle) throughout the powerband.

Read my post about these guys and it will help a lot!

https://d-series.org/forums/engine-ma...-tuning-2.html

ooh and dont just plug my numbers in.. thats set with all my upgrades also... so u should start doin your freeway runs now so u can tune it before next summer.... haha
Spamody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2009, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

The afc takes away or adds fuel by increasing voltage to the map or decreasing it according to your settings. Our maps only use half of its ability so we can add fuel slightly or take it away. A timing map isn't as linear as a fuel map... when taking fuel away it can advance timing a bunch. With your settings its not as much... your fine. A wideband would help the most as previously mentioned. My accord didn't like any taken away. It was clean 13's with just an intake... the dpfi I had like a bunch more fuel after some breathing mods and cam/compression. The afc isn't the best tuning tool but if its what you are working with do it the right way. They can provide some bomb gas mileage too...

Old 07-12-2009, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 16 xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
xxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcanoxxjdmcivicek9xx is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 29 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM_GUY View Post
I have the Super AFC i got from a friend of mine. Its the one with the 5 dials and you have to push to turn them

There is -30/+30 I read that taking away map gives more timing. Is that true? EG: -30 = +2deg
+30= -2deg

I have some settings at the following:

800 -2
2400-4
4000-2
5400-2
7200-2

Am i going the right way? Or do i have to add fuel as i go up in RPM?? How do i map this?
Ideallyi would go with a ems or chipped ecu...but if this is what you have to work with i started with the safc2 on my turbo setup...the best way to tune your car with that is get a wideband so you can keep track of your a/f ratio at whatever rpm your tuning at...that way youll know whether or not to subtract fuel or add
xxjdmcivicek9xx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

...or you can socket/chip your ecu and gain the tunability of a standalone ecu.

** Which by the way is about $350 cheaper than your safc. :td: Whats your setup?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
The afc takes away or adds fuel by increasing voltage to the map or decreasing it according to your settings. Our maps only use half of its ability so we can add fuel slightly or take it away. A timing map isn't as linear as a fuel map... when taking fuel away it can advance timing a bunch. With your settings its not as much... your fine. A wideband would help the most as previously mentioned. My accord didn't like any taken away. It was clean 13's with just an intake... the dpfi I had like a bunch more fuel after some breathing mods and cam/compression. The afc isn't the best tuning tool but if its what you are working with do it the right way. They can provide some bomb gas mileage too...
Yes are map sensor can read about 11 psi depending on obdo or obd1. But the fuel and ignition maps only go to about 2 psi. If the ecu sees more then that if wigs out causing a cel and going into limp home mode.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
Just for clarification. That's what I meant lol...
Old 07-12-2009, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!

Actually our ecu's only see about 1.1psi(which can be almost reached by ways of N/a if done right), the rest is OMG WTF to the ecu.

Old 07-12-2009, 07:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

A used afc isn't anywhere near new price and neither is an ecu. If I was on a budget (I am always anyways) then I would definately have both. But that's just me. The afc doesn't get used for tuning byt some things like having rpm and throttle/map reading helped me a bunch. A chipped ecus I pick up for 40-90 bux. I socket them myself and a afc goes for 100 bux or so on craigslist. I usually pay 80. A chipped ecu would be the most idealistic thing you could do and no a chipped ecu cannot do what a standalone can... like control mutiple 12 volt/ ground outputs at certain perameters. Or eliminate a certain sensor or not even implement it into the system.
Old 07-12-2009, 07:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

You can do alot more with a chipped ecu than a friggin safc any day. Id rather have the ecu reading directly from a micro chip rather than a wire hack that will more than likely short out...which leads to blown motors. Unless your OBD2, i wouldnt use a piggyback for anything.

Old 07-12-2009, 08:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

I wouldn't use a piggyback even if I was obd2 (now). I used a simulator for the obd port and run obd-1. Last year it worked fine... and obviously an afc is inferior to a chipped ecu. Which is a good point to be made because the afc questions I have heard lately are rediculous... like using an afc to remove a rev limiter> wtf lol...
Old 07-12-2009, 08:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Yeah, those questions are full of fail.

Old 09-03-2009, 02:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Thanks guys for all the help. My car started pinging above 5000 with the addition of the 2" exaust and a B16A TB. so now i am adding fuel for it not to ping.
JDM_GUY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2009, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

ditch the afc. its a one way ticket to a blown engine.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in