Trying to set a b15b to tune - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Ľ Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Ľ Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Trying to set a d15b to tune

I am new with the d15b I donít know how to hook up the 3 stage vtec. I want to use a usdm ecu I have chipped and will be running crome.

So I was reading what do you think I should do?
Use a msd rpm window switch?
Usa a p72/ converted to p72 spec and use the iab output?
Just hit both vtec solenoids at the same time? Or just use one?
Where do I get a base map I found one on pgmfi but it only have low and high?
Ya I know some of the options suck but it is what other people have done in the past according to my Google research. I know I want to use both solenoids. I have tuned a b7y8, b7z6, a z6 and a b2 mpfi swap on crome but this motor is way different then the rest.

Also what solenoid is what? (just to confirm)
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-06-2009 at 01:28 PM.
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2009, 05:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
ministry of mayhem!

Rep Power: 48 eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !eddcartes is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 37 reviews
Send a message via AIM to eddcartes Send a message via Yahoo to eddcartes

you have a little dislexia problem, kiddo (b instead of d).

lol.
Evil spirits beautiful naked girl live boobs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
I mess with cars because it's more socially acceptable than a cocaine habit ... although the cocaine would probably be cheaper.
Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #666!
rip emilio gallardo (milo). outstanding father, spouse, friend and member of dso. you will always be missed.

rip, patprimmer. last of the titans.

one thing i've learned from this job is to always keep a pack of cheese for your whine.

my ED6 build thread:

my dyno compe build:

eddcartes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2009, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Speedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top AussieSpeedjunky01 is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 40 reviews

if you really want the lean burn or whatever, i woud do it through the IAB's and tune the low cam well. from the factory the lean burn 1 intake valve is only on below 2500rpm
just tune the low cam like you normally would and then the high cam.

or if you have ectune you could use one of its outputs and use that

i would start with a regular d15b 2 stage bin and tune from there since only the section below 2500 will be affected

240,000 miles and counting turbo EH9
nothing like 4drs, ac,moon roof, and 4 whores and running 13psi out or a ching chong t3/t4 setup
the build

if it survives the winter JdM d15b+Vitara+FJT+25psi=

professional tranny assassin, 2 stock diffs in 4 weeks on street tires and preload was used
Speedjunky01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I would also suggest a similar thing. The multiple outputs needed could be done with multiple programs. I would say convert a p06/p28 to run iabs and do it with crome.... or cheap out and buy a window switch aka- shift light from ebay for 35 bux and use that...
Old 07-06-2009, 01:28 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

Sorry lol d15b changed.

So If I ditch the lean burn. I would just run it like it was a d16z6 I would have a high and low cam. That is fine But what vtec solenoid is the high cam one? So I get this hooked up correct.

So let me get this straight at lower rpm one solenoid is activated to run lean burn then at mid range both are off and at high rpms the other solenoid is kicked on the activate normal vtec. LOL I am still a bit confused. Or is it none on lower rpms one on mid and one on high?

My town is broke not a lot of people get jdm motor swap This is probably one of 2 d15bs in town.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-06-2009 at 01:33 PM.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 sr20hardbody is learning the way of the Dsr20hardbody is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 0 reviews

when both solenoids are off its in lean burn mode when the first solenoid activates it operates like the normal jdm d15b vtec.

if you wanna make things easy you can run that engine on carbs and use the msd switches to activate both solenoids then lean out the low end by pilot jet or air jet and you'll be pretty close to the 54mpg
sr20hardbody is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 02:17 PM   #7 (permalink)

http://www.jdmcars.com/tech/vtec2.pdf

Found this it is nice. So ya I have to find a way to activate both solenoids Or I will just go from lean burn to high vtec. Is what I gather.

So at low rpm all solenoids are off one intake opens. Mid rpm mid vtec solenoid one both intakes open. High rpm High vtec solenoid on both intake valves way open.

Ok I will probably go the iab wrought or the rpm window switch wrought. What if I just run 12v to the mid solenoid and use the high off the vtec output of the ecu. Will this cause low oil psi with mid on at all times or any engaging problems? So I would just ditch the one valve set up. But still what vtec solenoid is what lol. I have researched and found mixed answers. I find more red is 2nd stage and the other is 3rd.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 07-06-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in