d15b2 in a 95 hatch AND d15b/z6 mini me into a 98 sedan - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 smellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to smellslikerice
Question d15b2 in a 95 hatch AND d15b/z6 mini me into a 98 sedan

okay so i have 2 cars that im putting motors in.

a 95 hatch and a 98 sedan

what will i need to run my d15b2 in the hatch?

obd0 dizzy?

obd0 ecu with conv. harness or obd1 ecu?

i have a chipped p28.

and my d15b/z6 mini me will be going in the sedan.

unless i run the d15b block with my y7 head. could i retain obd2 like this?

id rather do this to keep myself from buying another conv. harness and another p28.

idk. i need you guys' help badly!

i have someone who is helping me do the swaps next weekend. but i need to get these specifics down

all help will be REPPPPEDDD

refer to this thread to see the cars and motors:

https://d-series.org/forums/showcase/...-new-crib.html
smellslikerice is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 03:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 12 smellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to allsmellslikerice is a name known to all

bump. anyone???
Old 07-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

bump. i need some help with this.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Use a d15b7 dizzy considering the d15b2 is just the little brother. A p06 will run it. Or a chipped ecu. Stay obd-1. No point in going backwords
Old 07-05-2009, 09:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

You can stay obd-2 by bypassing the cfs/cps? Sensor. I forget what its called lol.. ff-tech.net has a write up on it...
Old 07-12-2009, 01:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
Use a d15b7 dizzy considering the d15b2 is just the little brother. A p06 will run it. Or a chipped ecu. Stay obd-1. No point in going backwords
will a z6 dizzy work withe d15b2 in the hatch? i alreasy have a chipped p28 in the hatch
Old 07-12-2009, 01:26 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series soldier

okay, so in my 98 sedan i think im gonna use the d15b block and my y7 head and retain obd2. so what else do i need to run to make this happen?
Old 07-12-2009, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nolakid504 is learning the way of the Dnolakid504 is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

ok let me put some sight into this for the hatch.

d15b2 is the same motor as the d15b7 its just a obd0 motor instead of a obd1

the water pipe, t-stat housing,intake manifold, O2 sensor, dizzy, harness need to be changed from a b2 to a b7

so basically, find a junk yard with a d15b7 found in almost every civic.

grab the complete intake manifold. grab the water pipe and t-stat housing. grad the dizzy and the harness. make sure if the civic is pre93' to grab the map sensor off the firewall.

now if your on a budget and cant afford all of the above, then just get the dizzy,harness,o2 sensor, map sensor. because you dont necessarily have to change the intake mani and t/pipe it just makes it alot easier and gives less problems down the road.

just make sure on the b2 that you have obd1 injectors.

you cannot use a obd0 harness without changing over the harness that goes to the ecu and fuse box (alot of de-pinning and re-pinning)

here's some pics of my b2 all wired up.

also if you do use the water pipe from the b7 you have to shave the spaced that goes into the block off or else youll have leaks not big one but it will drip.

edit: also forgot! the upper radiator inlet on the head must be changed! take one off a b7

nolakid504 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2009, 01:58 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

repped!

thanks!
Old 07-12-2009, 02:08 PM   #10 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 nolakid504 is learning the way of the Dnolakid504 is learning the way of the D

almost forgot! some say you cant use the front motor mount that is on the b2 because its angled differently. but i think im using it now.. not 100% sure if i am.. i might have changed it over.. has been a month since then lol
Old 07-12-2009, 03:57 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series soldier

i already have a z6 complete mani. hell, i have a z6 head. would it be easier to just make this a mini me? cuz i decied to not use the z6 head in the sedan
Old 07-12-2009, 04:22 PM   #12 (permalink)

probably man. but either way youll have to get a obd1 harness (vtech harness if doing mini-me) and youve got to change the t-stat housing unless you dont mind no temp lol.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
D-series soldier

what will be needed as far as harnesses and management to run a d15b block with a y7 head and retain obd2. will the ecu in the car run it okay?
Old 07-13-2009, 07:07 AM   #14 (permalink)

y7 timing belt and a obd2 to obd1 ecu harness.

the ecu in the hatch is obd1 (p06 or p2 so it cannot run obd2 without the correct plugs.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:36 AM   #15 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolakid504 View Post
y7 timing belt and a obd2 to obd1 ecu harness.

the ecu in the hatch is obd1 (p06 or p2 so it cannot run obd2 without the correct plugs.
i should have been more clear. the d15b/y7 will be going in the 98 sedan aka obd2.

i should have made two seperate threads lol
Old 07-13-2009, 10:58 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

This is funny.. the b2 doesn't need anything changed if you are already mpfi in the obd1 civic. The intake manifold would be the only thing to hold you back. The dpfi won't work without obd1 dpfi wiring. Dizzy and ecu

Throw a d15b7 dizzy on the b2 and throw it in your car with the z6 manifold...

The cfs is the only sensor that needs to be tied into another sensor. Like I said look ion ffs-tech

I forget. I think its the camshaft pos. Sensor....

The b2 doesn't need water pipe and ish changed.
the front mount considering the years are completely different and the motor probably would use the exact mounts lol.

On the obd2 car the 2nd 02 sensor and cfs/cfs whatever should be your only issues (besides typical mounts or anything else you notice...

Last edited by SLEEPERSEDAN; 07-13-2009 at 11:03 AM.
SLEEPERSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2009, 12:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
D-series soldier

okay so the engine harness in the hatch is all ghetto'd up with the vtec wiring. what all exactly will i have to disconnect?

and what will i have to do to run non vtec with my chipped p28?

i have no idea about chipping or tuning. no experience whatsoever.

i guess ill start reading.

all i know is that the rev limiter is raised so it must be chipped right? the guy told me it was. but he was an idiot.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
D-series soldier

so will i have to have a chip burned for the d15b2 in the hatch with the p28 with the b7 dizzy?
Old 07-27-2009, 10:36 PM   #19 (permalink)
D-series soldier

progress:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in