Ecu not detecting ROM? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Default Ecu not detecting ROM?

----- NEW UPDATE! ----- / question
Is there anyone around here that can burn me a p28 map please? but take a bit of fuel away from 700 - 4k rpms. probably to about 50% throtle. That'd be awesome. I'd buy you lunch or something. Maybe even retard the timing 1* too?

If no one has anything maybe i'll go stop by speedfactory and check out the bosted hatch if its there. That thing is looking freakin amazing.

----- UPDATE! -------
i took the ostrich out and put a b16 basemap on it but changed the fuel/timing/afr maps to p28 because the p28 you can't datalog, if you can i have no idea. The b16 you can add datalogging + RTP but with the p28 maps you cant. I have no idea why. Anyways. I plugged it in and i got a CEL, i took my laptop out to the car to see if crome was detecting a CEL and it wasn't connecting to the ecu. (stressed) closed crome, opened it back up. BAM! it connects (wtf?) No CEL in crome but its still on in the car and it still has the 4200 launch thing going on but i haven't had that in like a year. I unplug the ecu fuse, wait a bit, put it in, WOAH! CEL goes away. Super happy now right? I let the car warm up then datalog all the way to the bank to deposit my check (yay for payday). Afr's look great, most around 14.8 - 15.0. I get home and take the ostrich out so i can turn the o2 back on so i can drive it for a little bit so i can go try to pass emmisions again. . . CEL. . . . Its gotta be the ostrich.

The ecu is a p06 chipped with ostrich running a stock p28 basemap ( i wanted to start over to get my emissions done )

Check engine light comes on but when its hooked up to ostrich/the datalogging cable, crome doesn't say the engine light is on so i'm guessing the ecu isn't getting power? My wires are all messed up down there but everything is in the right place. Like, a bunch of tape, little crimp plastic things. . all from my lc-1 and when i had the apexi neo. I went down there and checked the connections of the wires by tugging on them to see if they were still connected, all seemed fine. I even took the 15 amp fuse out of the engine bay for the ecu and let it sit for a few minutes, still nothing.

I can turn the car on but it acts like it did when i had a chip in there and not the rom, its like it kept a memory of the chip. 4200 launch (with ostrich i turned off the launch thing). But its really slow throttle response, i step on the gas and it lags a second, then goes..

Help pl0x? = D

Last edited by uxaxi; 07-12-2009 at 10:28 PM.
uxaxi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2009, 02:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

sounds like the ostrich is messing up. if you have a chip burner, i'd burn a chip real quick and see if it goes away. If the problem does go away, its def the ostrich. And of course if its still there then its either a wiring problem or ecu is shot.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

freon480 It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to freon480

is this with the ostrich plugged into laptop? for some reason my idle gets messed up when i keep it plugged in aside from loading the rom. unlpug it and it acts normal. mines a po6 as well.

NEW UPDATE INCLUDING BISIMOTO LEVEL 3 CAM!
freon480 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 12 uxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to alluxaxi is a name known to all

It doesn't change anything when its plugged into my laptop and car at the same time. .and no I don't have a chip burner, I do have the old chip its trying to act like I think, it has more fuel and timing though, I'll try it out when I get home, I might have to try to get a bone stoxk p28 map chiped from someone here if my ostrich is fucked. . I only got it a year ago though, no one sits on that side od the car too.

If anyone is reading this and you're in tacoma like I am, please come save me. I'm in my girlfriends black civic with the windows up at her dentist. Now I know how all those puppies and small children felt when grandma locked them in the car. . .ahhh!

Now my G1 is all sweaty
Old 07-02-2009, 03:39 PM   #5 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

You know, you don't have to suffer in the car. You can unlock the doors from the inside too.

Read My Stuff:

ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 04:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Lol, I just wanted to see what it was like. 40 minutes was more than enough in this hot ass car
Old 07-02-2009, 05:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Alright, made it home from my girlfriends dentist.

Sat in my car, turned the key (didn't start it though) and the engine light is off like its supposed to be. Started it, gave it some gas and it responded like its supposed too.

Somethings going wrong with the ostrich i guess?
Old 07-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 16 ghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebodyghettoturbo is almost a somebody
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere
ghettoturbo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #9 (permalink)

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uxaxi View Post
Alright, made it home from my girlfriends dentist.

Sat in my car, turned the key (didn't start it though) and the engine light is off like its supposed to be. Started it, gave it some gas and it responded like its supposed too.

Somethings going wrong with the ostrich i guess?
And this is why i go low-tech and burn chips.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-02-2009, 07:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettoturbo View Post
sounds like you have a bad connection somewhere
Yea, i was thinking that but i don't understand how i can start it and have a cel, leave for a couple hours, get home and try again without changing anything and then it works fine?

I wanted to buy a chip burner but they had a good deal on the tuning kit thing. Lc-1, crome pro and ostrich. I figured i'd just use the ostrich till i could afford a real dyno tune when i have stuff worth tuning.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

when i burn chip for my ecu sometimes it will throw a cel upon key on like yours. i just remove chip and reinserted it and worked fine.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 08:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Resident Crab

Rep Power: 50 krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !krychek57 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews
Send a message via AIM to krychek57 Send a message via MSN to krychek57 Send a message via Yahoo to krychek57

We should just rewire teh damn thing

krychek57 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 08:24 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

try a stock ecu and see if it works, that way you can eliminate the chipping job as a problem

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2009, 09:12 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Yea, i don't socialize though, the only guy i've talked too outside of d-series is krychek so i don't have access to a stock p28.

Had one. Traded it for my p29's when i got my p06 chipped.

And getting a CEL when you burn a chip then re-install it and it fixes it. Thats kinda like mine, do you think the ecu just likes to take its sweet ass time refresing?
Old 07-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

hell even a p06 will eliminate a chipping problem. or borrow Chris's ecu and try that.

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 07-03-2009, 09:36 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
hell even a p06 will eliminate a chipping problem. or borrow Chris's ecu and try that.
But right now my car is running just fine so i wouldn't know if that was the problem, i'd have to have a stock ecu ready for when/if it throws a CEL again.
Old 07-03-2009, 09:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
But right now my car is running just fine so i wouldn't know if that was the problem, i'd have to have a stock ecu ready for when/if it throws a CEL again.
gotcha, i just re-read the first post and realized that i misunderstood. so no CEL with a chip? but there is one with the Ostrich?

sounds like an Ostrich issue or an issue with your EMS sending the bin to the Ostrich. as far as not getting power, the Ostrich doesnt rely on the ECU or anything from the car for power. it has an internal battery. IIRC if the battery were to die, the bin would be erased from the Ostrich

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 07-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Well no, i got a cel when i took the ostrich out and took it inside to put the stock p28 map on it, took it back outside and plugged it in. CEL. Checked wires and everything, tried again. CEL.

Left for a few hours, came back and it worked. No CEL

Maybe it takes its time sending the new information to the ecu?

Or like you said, the battery could be dead/or dying. I dont use chips (no burner) and this is all i've used for the past year
Old 07-03-2009, 09:49 AM   #19 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Quote:
Well no, i got a cel when i took the ostrich out and took it inside to put the stock p28 map on it, took it back outside and plugged it in. CEL. Checked wires and everything, tried again. CEL.

Left for a few hours, came back and it worked. No CEL

Maybe it takes its time sending the new information to the ecu?

Or like you said, the battery could be dead/or dying. I dont use chips (no burner) and this is all i've used for the past year
not possible for info to take time to send. i see instantaneous results using my ostrich in my car.

if you get the CEL with a chip as well as the ostrich, that would lead me to believe that the ostrich is fine. i would look over your wiring mess and solder everything the way it should be, heatshrink, etc. dont halfass it or you will deal with headaches forever

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

Old 07-03-2009, 10:31 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

K i'll work on finding my soldering gun.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in