PG7 ECU > PM6 ecu ??? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2009, 06:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default PG7 ECU > PM6 ecu ???

I bought a pg7 ecu for a dpfi-> MPFI swap on a 90 crx with a stock d15b2.
i have a couple of questions:

1) can the pg7 integra ecu run a SOHC d15b2 motor?

2) doesn't the DOHC d16 from the integras use a different kind of distributor?
thanks for your help in advance.
whateverhonda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

after researching more on the subject i've found that it seems as though the pg7 ecu will not work... since i've heard the DOHC d16's don't match the SOHC d15/16's. the PG7 is from the d16a1 integra, which is DOHC, but not a ZC (is that right?)
Old 06-28-2009, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

maybe i should have posted this in the ZC section?

Old 06-28-2009, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
wheres my money man!!

Rep Power: 42 sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !sleepingciv is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 143 reviews
Send a message via AIM to sleepingciv Send a message via MSN to sleepingciv Send a message via Yahoo to sleepingciv

it ill work it will make it run rich though. i have used this ecu for a mpfi swap, then when i found a pm6 i swapped.

better yet just swap to obd1 and call it a day

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sleepingciv is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2009, 07:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

for my a6, i loved my pg7. IMO it drove better than with a pm6

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 06:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

beautiful guys. thanks a ga-jillion times. I heard PG7 ran rich and had a higher fuel cut off. too bad there aren't any ECU eprom tuning programs out there for OBD0. If there is someone please tell me!!!!
Old 06-29-2009, 06:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by whateverhonda View Post
too bad there aren't any ECU eprom tuning programs out there for OBD0. If there is someone please tell me!!!!
Turboedit
BRE

I'm sure there are more but idk of any others off the top of my head.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 09:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
for my a6, i loved my pg7. IMO it drove better than with a pm6
same here

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Hmm... I remember Tyson doing back-to-back dynos and finding the PM6 was better on his A6, but each engine/setup is different.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 09:59 AM   #10 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 35 Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Black91CRXsi is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 17 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireant View Post
Hmm... I remember Tyson doing back-to-back dynos and finding the PM6 was better on his A6, but each engine/setup is different.
Could be right on a dyno. But just by driving around the PG7 "felt" better to me.

"I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive."

R.I.P - Pat Primmer

Quote:
Beat them, cheat on them, treat them like shit and you'll get a hot woman that won't ever leave you. Women are a stupid breed that don't use fucking sense.
Black91CRXsi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 01:15 PM   #11 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

DOHC ignition tables are too advanced for my tastes, and, they do run pig rich.

Chip it and lean out the right hand fuel columns a bit, then put a SOHC map in and advance them a couple of degrees.

TurboEdit FTW!

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 04:11 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Acid_Beaver View Post
and, they do run pig rich.
i still managed 40mpg with mine

'89 CRX HF
bone stock a6 motor/trans
2.25" manifold back with no cat
ebay short ram
pg7 ecu

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
formerly allnaturalrex

Rep Power: 22 greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!greasemonkey89 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to greasemonkey89

i used a pg7 with my a6 with I/H/E and a exo stage 2 sr909 cam and it worked great but the cam loved the pg7. you can also chip pg7's to run turboedit.

"Aircooled Enthusiast/ D-Series Fanatic"

Resident D-series.org metalhead Alliance member #2
greasemonkey89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2009, 05:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

Quote:

Chip it and lean out the right hand fuel columns a bit, then put a SOHC map in and advance them a couple of degrees.

TurboEdit FTW!
hey beave, you sound real knowledgable on the D series stuff, so i trust your opinion.
Where's a good write up of how to use Turboedit,
and how much fore knowledge does a newb need to use these programs? I understand the basic fundamentals of injector operation, but i'm lost on injector pulse and timing,
do you need an A/F ratio gauge to tune your ECU for this?
Also, does turbo edit need to be ran on a turbo'd motor? can't i just adjust for my NA mods right now?
sorry for all the questions, but i really wanna do this, and do it right. I'm 50% O.C.D. when it comes to working on my cars...
Old 06-30-2009, 05:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

PGMFI.org and Xenocron's website.

They are not particularly hard to use, they are particularly hard to use well.

Ryan:

Pig rich about 5K RPM at WOT.

The PG7s aren't as bad as the PM7s because the integra engines were strangled with a very poor IM and less agressive cams.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 PM   #16 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Quote:

TurboEdit FTW!
I wish I could find someone who works with Turboedit...All I'd need is a chipped ECU...
Full A6: SRI, LS TB, Skunk 2 IM, Hondata IM gasket, Bisi 2.2 cam, Bisi valve springs, Bisi cam gear, 77mm Cometic HG, 76mm PM3's, shot-peened rods w/ARP rod bolts, LSD 8lb flywheel, LSD sprung 6-puck clutch, Si tranny, Innovative D-mounts, ETD T-Bar, Xenocron fuel pump, B&M fpr and gauge, Zex direct port nitrous-50 shot (for now)
clubEF9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-27-2009, 12:15 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I'm not trying to jump in but I do handle turboedit like a pro. I've been using it for 4 years and I have been tuning for 3 local shop for 2 years. Tons of referenes. Just pay for shipping and the price of the chip.

Anyways the sst eprom chips are 2 sides so you can put 2 maps on 1 chip which is cool because you can have a burnout 2 step and low limter to get tires to temp. Or the infamous antilag!.
These work in conjunction with a moates 2timer which is cheap...
Order it from xeno or moates or whoever...

Its easy to learn to use it if you have a stabkle base code... 1 wire vtec is awesome. Made a obd-0 f22 run on turboedit... its cool. It shows exact (well for the program) milliseconds it opens the injectors. The newer version adds iat and ect correction which can be adjusted but doesn't have anything else. I like it bexause I personally have some problems with the way crome adjusts things. (I use uberdata emulator more)... anyways. I ran a pr4 map with a removed limiter for awhile and after a dyno session tuning partial throttlr and full throttle I got a cool igntion map on my dizzy settings... runs good.
Old 08-27-2009, 12:19 AM   #18 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Save 85 bux and get a burner. I'm all for a DIY tuners...

Frys electronics has packages of (2) 28 pin sockets for .69 cents... they don't carry rewriteable eproms as of 2004 sadly. But a sockey is all you need to chip an obd-0 if its a pm6/7 of the right year and pr3/pw0... its cool and easy.
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in