FJ/Vitara on Stock P28 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2009, 12:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via AIM to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via MSN to BLaCkSiLo
Default FJ/Vitara on Stock P28

hey guys,

so i was talking to my possible tuner on the phone today and brought up the fact that since my comp ratio is going to be off by about a 1/2 point, the stock ecu won't be able to run the engine right.

im going to be installing the FJ rods/75.5mm vitara's with acl bearings all around and the block bored to 75.5mm this weekend. my plans are to run it N/A for ~500-1000 miles, then slap a turbo on it and get it tuned immediately but the tuner was saying that with the CR being off i could run the risk of washing out the cylinder walls with an overly rich mixture.

now is this kinda crap and should a stock P28 be able to run the new bottom end (nothing else is changing, just a megan header, short ram, no head work) or should i get a basemap of some sort? i just ordered my chipping set for either crome or hondata (i havent decided yet). so i don't know what i should do, have people ran this setup N/a on a stock p28 with no problems?

any opinions would be great, i'm still getting used to this whole tuning thing and what is needed, i just want to only have to do this once. other option is to break in with boost but i don't have my boost parts yet nor do i really want to just so i can take care of problems that might arise.

Thanks for any help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[R.I.P.] The Purple Haze! - '94 EJ1: 234wtq/212wtq

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BLaCkSiLo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2009, 12:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I havtn ever washed the cylinders on a vitara motor running the stock p06 or p28. Did it for a long time and so have a few friends... the mixture will be rich but I don't think it should be that rich. Like I said we havnt had any issues
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
racist-bigot-sexist-homophob

Rep Power: 43 mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !mindless is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 43 reviews

Since your not boosting atm I say run it with the stock ECU. A basemap would be the worst choice of the two IMO.
Tyranny does not always burst through your front door wearing body armor and brandishing an assault rifle. Sometimes, it waltzes through your living room and sweeps you off your feet. Sometimes, it promises warmth and safety. Sometimes, tyranny invites you out to the party and makes you feel like you belong.
Quote:
and yes, i is a accedentally bamf status
Quote:
Holly hell man! I couldn't do that much damage to a motor on a three day weekend/bender with a jackhammer and a quest from the Lord.
mindless is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2009, 01:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 BLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enoughBLaCkSiLo will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via AIM to BLaCkSiLo Send a message via MSN to BLaCkSiLo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
Since your not boosting atm I say run it with the stock ECU. A basemap would be the worst choice of the two IMO.
ok, that's exactly what i was thinking... i want to put a few miles on it before boosting it, everything is pretty much stock as it sits right now

thanks for the help guys,

Old 06-24-2009, 06:03 AM   #5 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Will you have a wideband in the car? If so you could always remove a little fuel if you see it does get excesively rich. Its pretty simple to do, if you do have some form of engine management.
Nutella is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 08:43 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

no, i won't have a wideband, i have a really shitty autometer narrowband that tells me nothing.

i wasn't planning on tuning until i got the turbo... but i will have the ECU chipped, just not any intermediate communication stuff

Old 06-24-2009, 09:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

sick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussiesick1camcivic is a Top Aussie
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindless View Post
yup, i broke my vitara engine in liek you 500-1000miles. but i had my turbo hooked up . I just dissconnected the line off turbo to wastegate so turbo leaked all the time and didnt boost. Well that basemap had me sittin on 10 afrs at idle, and all the way thru the RPM range. So if that rich ass tune didnt wash mine out. no you are fine. and im going on aloooot of miles on my vitara setup with .007 piston/wall on 75mm. and not a single bit of blowby.

teamdohc.org
95 civic coupe ex. Vitara-hbeam Z6
New Project Built Turbo F2B F22A nonvtec into civic
93 Accord SE 4dr black9stock)
Owner @ Grab-a-Nekbrace ENT like us on Facebook!

sick1camcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-24-2009, 09:58 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick1camcivic View Post
yup, i broke my vitara engine in liek you 500-1000miles. but i had my turbo hooked up . I just dissconnected the line off turbo to wastegate so turbo leaked all the time and didnt boost. Well that basemap had me sittin on 10 afrs at idle, and all the way thru the RPM range. So if that rich ass tune didnt wash mine out. no you are fine. and im going on aloooot of miles on my vitara setup with .007 piston/wall on 75mm. and not a single bit of blowby.
haha, good to hear i'm going to shoot for about .003-.0035 p2w clearance and it's getting oversize to 75.5mm with a trusted machinist...thanks for the comments i feel better about it lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in