noobie on the engine managment - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 andresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to andresdelsol Send a message via MSN to andresdelsol
Default noobie on the engine managment

Hey guys what up!
Im building a d16y8 with z6 head
Stage3 cam
Ferrea springs and retainers
p&p
3 angle valve (pending)
Eagle h beams
9.1:1 ycp decked pistons 75 mm
Jrsc with a 10 psi pulley
50 shot of wet nitrous
cc stage 3 clutch

This build will be done pretty soon, so my question is
How do I tune the ecu?
Which ecu to choose? P28 or p2p?
Will hondata work for me?
What will Neptune or crome does to my build?

You may say research newbie but istell need to someone explain me which way and why on why not?

Thanks iun advance fellows

for valuable answers i will add reputation points
andresdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 03:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

first off who is going to do the tuning. that will answer your questions almost instantly...

youll want to use a p28 ecu, ake sure youve converted to obd1 if your an obd2 car

hondata will work, neptune and crome will pretty much do the same thing.... also mybe look into ectune... but it will pretty much boil down to what your tuners uses.....

if your not going to tune it yourself, figure out who your taking it to... and basically ask them the same questions....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

I would do a little searching. That way you may have more value based on what your tuner uses... all the software you mentioned is reputable and stable. Any will work in your case.

You are obd-2a or b? The jumpers are 65 bux ish on ebay... you don't need a p28. You need a chipped ecu with vtec. Finding a chipped p28 can get expensive. Find a p05 and have it socketed...

Tuning will unlock power bar none and the fact you are obd2 will freak the ecu out with substantial mods. Crome is a cheap affordable option for a diy tuner. I would look into it.

I would read a bunch. You don't sound near ready to tackle a full tune

Old 06-22-2009, 04:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 12 andresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Boratandresdelsol smells like Borat
iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to andresdelsol Send a message via MSN to andresdelsol

[/SIZE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb34 View Post
first off who is going to do the tuning. that will answer your questions almost instantly...

youll want to use a p28 ecu, ake sure youve converted to obd1 if your an obd2 car

hondata will work, neptune and crome will pretty much do the same thing.... also mybe look into ectune... but it will pretty much boil down to what your tuners uses.....

if your not going to tune it yourself, figure out who your taking it to... and basically ask them the same questions....

yes i will be doing it by myself.
i dont know if hondas del sol with a d15b7 comes obd1 or obd 2.
how may i know thaT?

the swap will be going in this stock del sol d15b7 with stock ecu.
so basicly crome is just a chip for the ecu that allow me to controll the map of that the ecu controls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
I would do a little searching. That way you may have more value based on what your tuner uses... all the software you mentioned is reputable and stable. Any will work in your case.

You are obd-2a or b? The jumpers are 65 bux ish on ebay... you don't need a p28. You need a chipped ecu with vtec. Finding a chipped p28 can get expensive. Find a p05 and have it socketed...

Tuning will unlock power bar none and the fact you are obd2 will freak the ecu out with substantial mods. Crome is a cheap affordable option for a diy tuner. I would look into it.

I would read a bunch. You don't sound near ready to tackle a full tune
thanks for the info.
so basicly chipping the ecu will allow me to control the fuel maps and the air maps?
is that what im looking for to controll with the tune?
andresdelsol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in