obd0 vs obd1 - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 11:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
my name says Guest, but Im really a MEMBER

Rep Power: 24 guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Default obd0 vs obd1

I'm a lot of people with obd0 have thought about this or maybe there not even aware that there's programs to tune obd0.

OBD0 Has just had a huge makeover and it works excellent. There's IAT and ECT enrichment. I haven't had a chance to use it, so I can't say how well that works. RTP and Datalogging work great and are easy to use. There's rev limit, target idle, code disable, etc.

OBD1, crome in particular as I haven't really messed with any other obd1 programs does have a few features TE doesn't. like the ability to choose the tps% that you go into open loop, gear fuel trim, injector voltage, and some other advance stuff. but in general I find it a little less user friendly.

Members on here have tuned 300 horse on TE. My personal car runs great on TE.
Anybody else have any other comments that have used both??
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

I have messed with almost all of the tuning software out and i keep coming back saying that crome is the best. Crome is what i started out on so i guess that has something to do with it. I find it very user friendly, it pretty much explains what your looking at in the advanced tables. TE uses some weird numbering for fueling. Plus, OBD-1 is about as close as OBD2 smart-ness as you can get without having to use piggy-backs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 12:44 PM   #3 (permalink)

guest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcanoguest is hot as a volcano

TE uses injector on time ( aka, duty cycle, milliseconds, pulse width). What the hell are the numbers in crome??? I still haven't figured that out.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

I recently donated to fastcrxsi90 and TurboEdit. I'm hoping a new true dual-map vtec plugin for TE with a PM6 will be coming out soon. I'd like to be able to just use OBD0 for my A6/Y8 mini-me without all the expense of OBD1 conversion.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 12:58 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Been thinking of me & chris lately? OBD-1 converts...

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

there is a dual map plug-in.

pgmfi.org • Login
Old 06-20-2009, 01:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
Been thinking of me & chris lately? OBD-1 converts...

Yeah, and that ryan and others are running. I've stuck with it as with my knowledge, which I'm trying to learn more, haven't had a problem with TE. My cars not dialed in because of the lack of time I actually spend on it, not because its TE.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 16 fireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to allfireant is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Hmm. It looks like it had problems and it was left with them. I'll have to just give it a try.
fireant is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

ive used both and i find ectune with obd1 is leaps and bounds better then TE.

how ever, its also much more expensive.

my car ran boosted for about a year and a half on obd0 with TE and never had a problem. for the price, TE is the SHIT! (in a good way, of course, lol)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 04:14 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

my use with TE was relatively limited. i did use it on 2 different turbo setups of my own, but both were pretty low hp setups. it was also years ago, long before the new developments with it.

as far as Crome goes, i have NO issues with it. tons of little extras to play with, injector scaling for almost every injector on the market, FTL, 3-step, FTS, etc. etc.
i honestly would never go back to obd0 unless it was a new project that was on a serious budget.

i also have a full version of Ectune on my laptop that i will be using to tune a friend's setup. ive only played with it a bit but man does it look nice! ill give some input on that in a month or so, after i play with it

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series Destruction Master

Rep Power: 36 f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !f00ker is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 31 reviews
Send a message via AIM to f00ker Send a message via MSN to f00ker Send a message via Yahoo to f00ker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
my use with TE was relatively limited. i did use it on 2 different turbo setups of my own, but both were pretty low hp setups. it was also years ago, long before the new developments with it.

as far as Crome goes, i have NO issues with it. tons of little extras to play with, injector scaling for almost every injector on the market, FTL, 3-step, FTS, etc. etc.
i honestly would never go back to obd0 unless it was a new project that was on a serious budget.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post

i also have a full version of Ectune on my laptop that i will be using to tune a friend's setup. ive only played with it a bit but man does it look nice! ill give some input on that in a month or so, after i play with it

you win at posting

f00ker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2009, 09:28 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

Quote:
Originally Posted by f00ker View Post
you win at posting
hello pot, meet kettle

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in