Stock ecu and built engine???? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 03:23 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

EP3Moschini It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 16 reviews
Exclamation Stock ecu and built engine????

question #1

so I built a d15b7 (oem rebuild with all new parts) and it was decked .005, I also have a milled d16z6 head with all new valvetrain (down to the guides and seals) im looking into a cam (bisimoto level 3 to be exact) what will I need to run this cam tuning wise? will I be able to wing it with the oem p28 ecu in her del sol? (im going to assume not) also a skunk 2 intake manifold and bisimoto header are in the future. (currently have a ported z6 intake manifold and DC 4-2-1 header)

question #2

to break in that bottom end I planned to run he stock z6 head on it for a few weeks or so while I finish building the new head, since everything is esentially stock just set it up like a regular mini-me and go with it? or again any special tuning needed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
EP3Moschini is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 07:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

no one has any input?

Old 06-18-2009, 09:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

just run it like a usual mini-me. Obviously you wont be able to use a stock ecu to run that big cam with your upgraded breathing capabilities. But the stock p28 will be fine to break the motor in while you build the other head. :td:

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2009, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

what is the most user friendly tuning set-up one should buy in order to get a car running with the extra breathing mods?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 24 mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!mightyjoecivic is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to mightyjoecivic

probably crome, xenocron socket/chip kit, freelog and a friend. lol Look for a motor setup close to yours and make a basemap.

1993 Ford Cobra #1252 of 4993-- Bone stock

Tuning, the other bolt-on.

**Insert 95' 4dr civic...soon**
mightyjoecivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 11:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic View Post
probably crome, xenocron socket/chip kit, freelog and a friend. lol Look for a motor setup close to yours and make a basemap.
I was thinking that I could find a used p28 and get it socketed and burn chips (ive done it once or twice for base maps) ive never actually tuned anything and im only familliar with chome

Old 06-19-2009, 11:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

With the price of a p28 I would grab the cheapest obd-1 chippable ecu and then burn a stock p28 map you want to use. I don't think a level 3 cam will be to your liking... a level 2 would probably be better... level 3 is a big cam... the powerband will not be what you would be in for daily driving. The bottom end is going to want to spin higher because of the cam. It won't "die out" and your compression will nowhere be enough for that cam without messing with the cam timing (advancing cam).

If you will be tuning it a vac. Gauge would help. You know, so you know where to touch on the map. It does go off of a vac./mbar reading...

Ps- goodluck. Mini-me is a good way to make quick power and quick compression.. it will be fun. Just don't over-do the cam or you will regret it. It is your complete powerband change (in your case)

The bisi header is dope and I am a big supporter but I would say build your own or stick to the dc you have and spend the money somewhere else... it is a luxury and if you want it get it but homemade off his design would be definately cheap and I made a few and they all made bomb power... and I still need one to run on my car!

Last edited by SLEEPERSEDAN; 06-19-2009 at 11:30 AM.
SLEEPERSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 02:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
My 91 Crx Hf

Rep Power: 14 bznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eaglebznc is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 22 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLEEPERSEDAN View Post
it is a luxury and if you want it get it but homemade off his design would be definately cheap and I made a few and they all made bomb power... and I still need one to run on my car!
pic's or proof that they made good gains?

OP: you should be able to run the stock p28 for the break, should be perfectly fine I would keep it under around 4k though. If you just get a chipping kit I am pretty sure someone on here can make you a basemap in no time, if not e-mail phearable.net they'll probably hook you up with a great basemap pretty cheap

- My Egg

- Gone as well

- Sold

Last edited by bznc; 06-19-2009 at 02:08 PM.
bznc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 02:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....

I will as soon as my laptop is back online. I've been using my phone for the past month and its hell..

The bisi design is awesome. I changed the way the runners go. To make it look different. The compression and velocity made from the header in the upper most area was definately decreased. Made similar charts for power bands on similar built motors but the header is definately a fine science. The math skill required alone is significant. anyone try an an-r header?

Ill take pics of a b series one I will be building here shortly also.

Last edited by SLEEPERSEDAN; 06-19-2009 at 02:56 PM.
SLEEPERSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2009, 03:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Wow.. phearable? Are you at the same sea level as him? That can drastically change a tune. And a basemap wasn't even tested on your setup before you receive it. Your better off reading and making and honest effort to tune yourself.. don't be a know it all just read and learn and masybe have a tuner help you.. it will be inexpensive if you know what you are doing and reliable. Which is better than a non aggressive enough or worse to aggressive basemap. The latter I doubt will happen.. you will just be under powered and possibly kill your gas mileage. But now if you do it with a wideband you can monitor and if you tune yourself you can make changes as needed..

Obviously its a bad idea to read and tune so try tuning a little on your car before hand. Learn how to use the program and you will be set. When I was 16 I tuned my own accord and after learning on it I tuned my own turbo civic. The knowledge gained alone ion my own things has helped and helped me help others... I always refer people to get tuned if its anything more than bpu's. I/h/e. Most anything more shouldn't be run on a stock ecu...
Old 06-19-2009, 04:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

A tune would be the best but you may be able to wing it on the stock p28 If you get a wide band o2 sensor you will be able to tell more.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2009, 06:08 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

for now im just concerned about breaking int he bottom end with here oem z6 head, then once the built head is ready im going to worry about tuning it lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in