What to chip my circle track P06 with?? - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2009, 05:58 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default What to chip my circle track P06 with??

Hi, i'm running a 93 civic hatchback with a 37820-P06-A01 ECU... its a 1.5 manual... I race at a local 1/2 mile circle track, now the problem i'm having is the rev limiter... I'd like to run in second gear but i'm hitting the rev limiter a couple seconds before i need to let off.... so I have to run smaller tires in third and its just way to doggy.... what I would like to do is remove the rev limiter.... and of course a better fuel map would be nice but I have no idea where to get a chip from??? ebay is out of the question.. my main concern in a chip is removing the rev limiter, I'm running a STOCK engine, I cannot do any modifications to the engine (against the rules) and I know removing the rev limeter is dangerous but its a 93 civic withs 250k miles on it..... if it blows I build a new car lol please any help on where to get a decent chip as cheap as possible... in a sense this is a disposable car so I dont want to invest large amounts of money, thanks in advance!!!!!!

Mike
bliynd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 06:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series soldier

jeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussiejeremy85 is a Top Aussie

(a little off your topic)
Ever try shifting between 2nd and 3rd?
Come out of the corner in 2nd, shift to 3rd at rev limit, downshift back into 2nd going into the next corner, repeat.
One guy at my track in a 4 door Integra used to do it.

1995 Delcamino D15Beater7
Synchrotech EX trans / LSD clutch
Ebay Header/Hackpro Custom 2" Exhaust
Nitrous Express Wet Kit
Hackpro Custom one-off tow hitch.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
You win at everything forever!
jeremy85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 07:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

i've tried it, its too much of a pain... i lose time doing it, and i like to double foot it, one on the gas one on the break jammin both of them in the corners lol... i would be to third for about 3 seconds before i'd be shifting back to second... kind of pointless... if i kick the rev limit, or bump it up i can run the last 5 or so seconds on the backstretch before i let off in the corner
bliynd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 07:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
mmmmm sexy bay

Rep Power: 50 jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !jimmyb34 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 29 reviews
Send a message via AIM to jimmyb34

xenecron.com or phearable.net
you can tell them what you want and they can burn it for you.. you can send them your ecu and have them chip it also

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

jimmyb34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

I am having the same issue. I race a .333 mile track. I need to get rid of this rev limiter. my computer is a p06 a01.
circletrack93civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 04:45 AM   #6 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

"Getting rid of" a rev limiter is really stupid. If you need to raise a limiter, that might be OK.

Do you have aftermarket valve springs installed? If not, you are going to run into valve float issues if you rev too high.

What transmission, tire size and speeds are you running?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in