Turbo d16z6 with 450s WILL NOT run off 450 map please help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Turbo d16z6 with 450s WILL NOT run off 450 map please help

Well First off let me give you a rundown of the setup on a buddys car we installed a turbo kit onto

92 DX civic, has a d16z6 swap(completely stock) that has ran fine for the past 3 or 4 years, chipped ecu on crome, DSM 450ccs( black tops with green pintels with twin spray patterns), Walboro 255, Greddy mani,downpipe, turbo, ebay intercooler kit, now onto the problem

We cannot get this thing to idle on a 450cc map, If we cut it down to like 300cc-350ccs on the crome map it will idle just run veeery poorly weve changed fuel filter, brand new walboro, tryed many many many maps, we just cant get this sucker to run right, weve tryed p28 fuel/timing maps, weve tryed p30 fuel/timing maps, we just cant figure out this out, we can get it to run smoothly but slower with 6-9psi of boost than when it was all motor lol, SO if anyone has any ideas please let me know. thanks in advance and if theres anything else you need to know please ask and i will answer as soon as possible

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ni-Ho Love!!!
fatman489 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-14-2009, 12:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

have you tried to adjust the injector offsets?

what is your air fuel ratio? can u even monitor the air fuel ratio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 12:11 AM   #3 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

fuel pressure? have you removed checksum routine?

Old 06-14-2009, 12:14 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
have you tried to adjust the injector offsets?

what is your air fuel ratio? can u even monitor the air fuel ratio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Tuned View Post
fuel pressure? have you removed checksum routine?
Have yet to check fuel pressure(waiting to get a fuel pressure gauge from another friend) check sum has been removed and no i cant monitor a/f we are just trying to get a decent base map that i feel comfortable with letting him drive it on to the tuners, injector offset if you mean like the battery offsets yes, it did very little to nothing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!

did you forget to put the vacuum hose on the fpr?

not tryin to call u out on dumb shit just giving you things to check
Old 06-14-2009, 12:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
did you forget to put the vacuum hose on the fpr?

not tryin to call u out on dumb shit just giving you things to check
lol nah i understand man, Yes ive checked every vac line in the bay, changed the fuel filter, tryed multiple maps lol It just will not run of a 450cc map, im about out of ideas which is why I decided to ask you guys, i usally dont have to ask because i search around on here and usally get my D series questions answered lol i just cant figure this one out to save my life, Im hoping i can get the fuel pressure checked tomarrow but i gotta remind my buddy to bring his gauge for me, I also tryed putting the stock 240ccs back in but it just wont run if the injector sizing is correct on the map. but please keep the ideas coming

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

would you like me to maybe make you a map to try?

also is the map set for the proper map sensor.. any cel's?
Old 06-14-2009, 12:44 AM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
would you like me to maybe make you a map to try?

also is the map set for the proper map sensor.. any cel's?
I mean I will gladly try a map but ive tryed atleast 15-20 450cc maps and not much luck, and yes its on a stock honda map sensor, and only cel that has popped up was VSS for a few moments, because we forgot to plug the VSS back up from the clutch install lol. but other than that clean check engine light lol

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 12:51 AM   #9 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

no i dont mean battery offset i mean injector offset.

tools -> fuel multiplier -> advanced

invest in a wideband. best $220 you can spend
Quote:
Old 06-14-2009, 09:45 AM   #10 (permalink)
Lifetime Awesome Member

Rep Power: 443 ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !ryan89crx is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 80 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ryan89crx Send a message via MSN to ryan89crx

dont adjust the injector size, leave it at 450cc. mess with the offset to get the correct afr

[email protected]
Xbox 360 gamertag -
TurboDiesel598

, best bang for your buck!

ryan89crx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 10:22 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danz View Post
no i dont mean battery offset i mean injector offset.

tools -> fuel multiplier -> advanced

invest in a wideband. best $220 you can spend
Well really we are just trying to get it running decently enough to get to the tuner who has his own wideband ect, just want it to run decently and not wash the cylinders out on the way, But any idea what a decent setting would be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan89crx View Post
dont adjust the injector size, leave it at 450cc. mess with the offset to get the correct afr
yea i really dont like that idea but i asked a friend of mine to make me some basemaps and he made 4 and the last one was programed for smaller injectors and it would idle fine, and drove decently just too rich to really drive. I didnt get a chance to check fuel pressure today my buddy couldnt find his gauge lol. still working on that.

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:30 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

this may sounds stupid, but did u wire in the resistors?
Old 06-14-2009, 10:51 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo9psi View Post
this may sounds stupid, but did u wire in the resistors?
yes we checked the wiring on the resistor box a few times and it still didnt help lol, i promise we are not complete idiots lol we just cant figure this out, Im thinking fuel pressure or the regulator is messed up.

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 10:54 AM   #14 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

does it sounds like a subaru?
Old 06-14-2009, 11:01 AM   #15 (permalink)

sound like a subi? couldnt tell you she wont rev or run on a 450 map lol, like it starts up and dies as soon as intial rev up comes back down, but when i tryed the map my buddy sent me it idled just wouldnt free rev decently like youd smack the gas and like a second later it would try to rev but then die lol

Ni-Ho Love!!!
Old 06-14-2009, 11:02 AM   #16 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

check your timing, valve adjustment
Old 06-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #17 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Hmmmm. I thought the stock map sensor will go banana sanwich when reading boost. Maybe I'm rusty. Ever thought of upgrading? Could be a solution.

Probably not much help to you but I really hope you guys get this figured out. I know what its like to get something this close to done and then run into a hiccup like this. GRRRRRRR!!!!!!
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2009, 11:04 AM   #18 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

stock map good for roughly 11 psi
Old 06-14-2009, 11:05 AM   #19 (permalink)
Classic Man

the moment you throw a wideband on the car and adjust your injector offset the car will run

you gotta pay to play.
Quote:
Old 06-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 30 BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !BigJnWorldWide is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 14 reviews
Send a message via AIM to BigJnWorldWide Send a message via Yahoo to BigJnWorldWide

Thanks for the refresher course.

I'd trust danz' advice. Over the past couple months I've noticed him comin through with some VERY helpful info. Plus the WB will be very useful in your boost setup. AFR's are one of those things you really SHOULD pay attention to. Anyways, GL bro.
On top of that you have a special knowledge, an understanding of the complexity of the things happening. Others see you turn the wheel and push down on the gas, not you. You see a symphony of combustion and physics. You see a balance between frictional coefficients, tire roll over, spring rates, and throttle. It's a beautiful thing to see all these components working in harmony, it's literally a ballet of force and mathematics!
BigJnWorldWide is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in