Tuned a d15b7y8 mini me not satisfied. Help¯me - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org » Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction » Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 12:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews
Default Tuned a d15b7y8 mini me not satisfied. Help…me

Ok it is one of my friends cars It is b7 everything but the cai, head and exhaust manifold.

After about 6500 rpms the motor begins to choke to keep my afrs happy I have to nose dive the fuel looks bad on the 2d graph. I have been playing with timing and trying all kinds of things. If I set the rev limit to 6900 I can hit it 7200 its hard 7400 the motor just holds 7200............ I cant even get to 7250. I have tuned a b7z6 and it could go 7200 no problem.

What is chocking the motor. We have not corrected cam timing? Could that be it if so what gear do I need? Could it be the stock b7 intake manifold?

It just feels like I have a potato stuffed in the tail pipe.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 12:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

retard the cam gear 1 tooth

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular

I will give that a shot. Why is the cam timing always mest up on the mini mes anyway?

Crap now I am getting a code 22 vtec fail. If I run the p28 stock no code, On crome code?? Vtec set a 5500 stock ish code come on only at higher rpm Like after hitting the rev limit.

That could be it to i suppose. I have read you need to remove the oil restrictor in the block between 2 and 3? Doesn’t the stock z6 have a oil restrictor? That would probably throw a code 21 vtec pressure switch I would think.

I just want to tune the dumb thing not fix it all lol. Every tune I have done I always have to fix some mechanical problem.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm

Old 06-10-2009, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)

Never mind 22 is vtec pressure. Done for today some other time.
or pm
Old 06-10-2009, 02:09 PM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What cam gear did he use on the swap????

Sounds like it is 1/2 tooth advanced.

Follow the red lines

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 04:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

He is running the y8 cam gear.

So I retarded a tooth and cleaned out the vtec screen. Its is better now. What gear should I be using?

Lol my vtec fuel map looks just like your dyno print out (no wonder) before messing with the gear.

Thanks all.
or pm

Last edited by fuse; 06-11-2009 at 04:23 PM.
Old 06-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

when u tune with crome there is an option for the CEL to come on as a shift light, check to make sure its not checked lol
Old 06-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo9psi View Post
when u tune with crome there is an option for the CEL to come on as a shift light, check to make sure its not checked lol
Nope stays on all the time. Not getting the code now cleaned the screen.
or pm
Old 06-11-2009, 04:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

you dont check it .. you just set a rpm range.

to disable it you just set it to like 9000
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all

on crome pro or just the crome?
Old 06-11-2009, 04:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

i thought there was a check list with like 5 or 6 options. i swear i've seen a box with these options
Old 06-11-2009, 07:46 PM   #12 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic

crome free also has the option to disable vtec pressure switch and vss i use that and i run 1 wire vtec from my p28 with no check engine lights at all and i dont have to worry about the dam vtec pressure switch code ever again i just always make sure my motor is full of oil

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2009, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 14 Angry is learning the way of the DAngry is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 3 reviews

On another forum Bone advised the use of a 88-95 Cam gear for a y8 head on a d15b2/7 block.

Ive been thinking this is why my d15b7 mini-me "feels" better in the lower RPMs than way up top...as Im running a Zex y8 cam and y8 cam gear. But 7800rpms has never been to much trouble for it either...except the 9yr old valves seals.

When I swap heads here soon (I hope so) and get it tuned, Ill be using a Skunk2 a6/z6 adjustable cam gear.

Linky...
CRX Community Forum • View topic - a6 head on b2 block

Last edited by Angry; 06-11-2009 at 11:19 PM.
Angry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #14 (permalink)

I don’t like disabling the vtec pressure switch. Then vtec may not be one but you are running the vtec maps. I have also read it is a bit buggy. Some time will not change to vtec maps in vtec.

The code is probably mest up. Ya the shift light is just set by rpm you do have to add it to the rom.

But any ways running good now. We may get a adjustable gear and get dyno time. Or I was thinking what if I tune then tip the gear one way or another if I go lean top end didn’t I just add more air flow top end? If I go rich top end wouldn’t I have just take away air top end? I would have to have the same iat ect temps for this to work.
or pm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in