D15b wiring questions - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2009, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Dc5itracer is learning the way of the DDc5itracer is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 12 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Dc5itracer
Default D15b wiring questions

Hey peeps im trying to figure out a few things maybe some1 can shoot me into the right direction.I have a d15b that is going into my 90 hatch i have a converted mpfi harness and rywire obd-0 2 obd-1 conversion kit.First problem i have im going to use the obd1 injectors so i cut the five wires for the resistor box tied them together and taped them to the harness.I have obd 1 injector clips and im wondering what color wire on the clips goes with the wires on the engine harness since its diffrent colored wiring.Second thing Im running a p28 ecu but with a p08 basemap does this mean i use the a 1 wire o2 or a 4 wire o2 my rywire subharness uses a 4 wire o2 can i still use the 4 wire o2 if so can i cut the old plug off the engine harness for the 1 wire o2.Also the reverse switch on the tranny can i swap the old one onto the new tranny since the newer one is a plug in type and the old one use terminals.Any help much appreciated and will be rewarded with some rep thanks
Dc5itracer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

4 wire O2. are we talkin' OBD1 JDM D15B vtec? Cause I believe there is a D15B non vtec, just wanna make sure before I steer you down a dark alley!
meanmugen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 09:13 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 Dc5itracer is learning the way of the DDc5itracer is learning the way of the D

Its a jdm d15b vtec

Old 06-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

you're swapping motor and trans, converting from cable to hydro, obd0 to obd1, and you're just now asking these questions? If you don't mind me asking, but how are you handling the cable to hydro change?
Old 06-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

the 4 wire o2 has 1 hot for the heater 1 for the o2 sensor and 2 ground. if you are not using the 4 wire setup i believe you can use the o2 sensor wire only..your o2 4wire just cost more then the 1 wire..

can anyone else comment on this?

Great Seller:
civic4ges
spdracer22
gaowee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2009, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....SilentWrath* It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5itracer View Post
Hey peeps im trying to figure out a few things maybe some1 can shoot me into the right direction.I have a d15b that is going into my 90 hatch i have a converted mpfi harness and rywire obd-0 2 obd-1 conversion kit.First problem i have im going to use the obd1 injectors so i cut the five wires for the resistor box tied them together and taped them to the harness.I have obd 1 injector clips and im wondering what color wire on the clips goes with the wires on the engine harness since its diffrent colored wiring.Second thing Im running a p28 ecu but with a p08 basemap does this mean i use the a 1 wire o2 or a 4 wire o2 my rywire subharness uses a 4 wire o2 can i still use the 4 wire o2 if so can i cut the old plug off the engine harness for the 1 wire o2.Also the reverse switch on the tranny can i swap the old one onto the new tranny since the newer one is a plug in type and the old one use terminals.Any help much appreciated and will be rewarded with some rep thanks
As long as the wires from the injector resistor box are making a GOOD connection you shouldnt have any issues with that. Did you solder?

Find the wiring chart for your civic and determine which wire controls which injector... you ran two wires when you converted to mpfi so you already know which those are... as long as the wires coming from the ecu go to the right injector it doesnt matter which OBD1 clip you solder them onto.

Use the 4wire o2... that's what the p28 wants to see.

For the tranny... either cut the plug and add terminals to match, or cut the terminals and solder the plug on... it really doesnt matter as long as it makes a good connection.
<stock block d15b build complete.>
*Turbo Fabrication by Greg @ GO-AUTOWORKS.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

*Tuned by Howard @ RLZ Engineering.*

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SilentWrath* is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-07-2009, 09:39 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanmugen View Post
you're swapping motor and trans, converting from cable to hydro, obd0 to obd1, and you're just now asking these questions? If you don't mind me asking, but how are you handling the cable to hydro change?
Im using the innovative cable to hydro conversion for know till i can do a full hydro conversion
Old 06-07-2009, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Ok good, SilentWrath really nailed your options down. As far as modding the injector wires, I'm at a loss 'cause my on my ee2 when I went to mpfi I bought a whole harness. I think what we need here is a set of wiring diagrams for an ef and an eg. Try here : stcatharines.library.on.ca use this number 23043002846064 when appropriate. Good Luck!
[EDIT] Get with rywire as well on this, because I dont know what that conversion harness is gonna do with the pin out to the ecu. I know that the injectors terminate at different places at the ecu. So, if your harness is made to use an obd1 ecu with your fully obd0 engine...Yeah, get with Rywire.

Last edited by meanmugen; 06-07-2009 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Second thoughts
Old 06-09-2009, 09:16 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

No the engine is full obd1 question now is where does the 4 wires for the injectors go now
Old 06-09-2009, 09:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
n00b

did you get the books you needed?
Old 06-09-2009, 10:43 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

[QUOTE=meanmugen;1676027]did you get the books you needed?[/QUOTI dont have a printer i need to go print them out somewhere.Do i still need to do the wiring for the crank angle sensor or is that already taken care of with the dizzy adapters
Old 06-09-2009, 10:47 AM   #12 (permalink)
n00b

wow , thats a lot of adapters,lolz! Like I said originally, contact the manufacturers of the adapters, theyre better suited to deal with that kinda question.
Old 06-09-2009, 12:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

I did i figured it out i jus have to snip and move some wires at the ecu end of the harness for the crank angle and extra injectors.Ima shoot rywire a email anyway
Old 06-09-2009, 01:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series lover

I have a quick question, for ur d15b vtec can you just bolt on an old 1st gen integra tranny? Cause that would be sick with those gears and that motor.
supateg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2009, 01:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
n00b

the d15b Vtec usually comes with an Si/EX tranny, thats pretty good?

Last edited by meanmugen; 06-09-2009 at 01:56 PM. Reason: better answer
Old 06-10-2009, 01:28 AM   #16 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Mine came with the shitty tranny I'm guessing it came out a sedan and not the hatch its all good though d15b lsd trans on da way
Old 06-10-2009, 06:29 AM   #17 (permalink)
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dc5itracer View Post
d15b lsd trans on da way
Where did you locate that from?do they have more?
Old 06-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

if you run OBD1 injectors you don't need the resistor box (double check to make sure they are high impedance on their own though). Did you find wiring diagrams? If not I can email you the ones I used for my swap.
satin black DIY paint
tuned OBD1/MPFI swap

high compression z6 mini me and complete rebuild, and 5 speed tranny in the works
bluehatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2009, 08:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Dumb question lol I wired up the OBD1 clips it was pretty much the same colors but im trying to figure out wat colored clip goes on what injector which one is the #1 injector the one on the right??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in