Obd2a programming for itbs - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Obd2a programming for itbs

Hi, I've got a problem, my D16Y8 is built with 13.1 to 1 comp, comp stage 2 cam w/ springs, port match and polish, I have two intake setups first is Y8 mani with gsr throttle body, second is a set of cbr954 throttle bodies with all parts to keep obd2 happy. Now I need to know if anyone on here can program with a obd2 ecu, or will the e-manage compensate for the itbs? I would like to keep it where I can get it inspected without it running like crap or having to swap manifolds each year. Also I already have a chipped and modded P06 and obd1 conversion.
Thanks for any help
97exhatch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2009, 07:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

Dont use emanage. Get yourself a obd2a-obd1 conversion harness and convert to obd1
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 07:50 PM   #3 (permalink)

like i said already have full obd1 conversion w/ crome, need obd2 so it will pass inspection!!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2009, 08:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 17 cticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eaglecticknor666 is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 46 reviews
Send a message via AIM to cticknor666

Well your not going to get any good tuning done with it being obd2
cticknor666 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2009, 09:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 Aaron254-214 is learning the way of the DAaron254-214 is learning the way of the D

just swap the mani when you need an insp. done, it doesnt take that long to do and your only doing it once a year
Old 06-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

yea, that is a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with, any other tuning options for the itbs?
Old 06-04-2009, 04:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

i dont think youl pass with itbs on it... just swap manifolds and call it a day. or hook up some circuit to think the obd2 ecu is doing stuff and have the obd1 ecu control the engine. obd2 ecu gets face signals and therefore they can run the diagnostic lol...

kinda like the megasquirt has a board for testing
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2009, 08:50 AM   #8 (permalink)

yes I have talked to the inspectors that I deal with and they said as long as all the sensors work and there are no trouble codes then it will pass, they said is just like installing a aftermarket manifold.
Old 06-05-2009, 06:27 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 mdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunnamdog244 is da #1 stunna
iTrader Score: 7 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97exhatch View Post
yea, that is a pain in the ass that I don't want to deal with, any other tuning options for the itbs?
pain in the ass to pull an intake manifold?

i HIGHLY DOUBT you can run an itb setup on an obd2 setup. You will have to convert over to obd1 and tune.

thats just my opinion.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"When Congress passes new emission standards, we hire 50 more engineers and GM hires 50 more lawyers." Quote by Soichiro Honda
mdog244 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-05-2009, 06:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....SLEEPERSEDAN It's a JDM Star Bitches....
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

Imo tuning itbs can be done via. Afc or greddy... both ways are not the best....

To see the gains you will have to not only have them tuned right but even angled and smoothly for you head... on something like this the coolness factor goes out the window. A plenum stup will yield you better all pver (retaining obd-II)
SLEEPERSEDAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in