Obd2a harness to obd1 plug dizzy.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2009, 12:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 oemeg4UK is learning the way of the Doemeg4UK is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Default Obd2a harness to obd1 plug dizzy..

hi guys, im dropping a z6 into my 1996 ej coupe and need a conversion harness for my dizzy..rather than buying one id really like to have a go myself..ive seen a few how tooos but cant find one for mine, anyone got any links or know what i need to do??

any help greatly appreciated cheers tom
oemeg4UK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-28-2009, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Rep Power: 0 cjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropescjhef2 is starting to learn the ropes
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

How to wire your car from OBD1 -> OBD2 & OBD2 -> OBD1 - B20Vtec.Com...... B Series and Beyond here ya go
cjhef2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 04:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 12 oemeg4UK is learning the way of the Doemeg4UK is learning the way of the D

cheers buddy any pics anywhere guys as i could use double checking

Old 05-28-2009, 04:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

colours dont match mine..i cud use a pic guys..
Old 05-28-2009, 05:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

CivicSpoon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 20 boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
boostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcanoboostfreak0885 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostfreak0885

colors matched for mine... but i still just bought the obd2 to obd1 dizzy plug from rewire.com looks alot cleaner and you dont have to hack up your harness

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

best time so far
11.201 at 128mph with a 1.79 60 foot.. damn i need traction, best trap speed is 129mph. 26psi h1c

NEW best 60' 1.56!!!
boostfreak0885 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 03:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

thats some great info guys thanks ever so much, ive done it now so will get some pics up soon dont know what id do without d-series.org! thanks tom
Old 05-29-2009, 03:17 AM   #8 (permalink)
D-series lover

funny thing is guys my no1 on the obd2a pic is blank with a wire benieth where on the diagram is plugged?lol a bit odd ..
Old 05-29-2009, 04:18 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series PIMP

Rep Power: 14 SOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to allSOHCpower is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 9 reviews
Send a message via AIM to SOHCpower

i followed the diagram civic spoon posted. tho it took me 2 distributors lol i got it right. my colors didnt match either. i had a obd2 one with me apart looking at the sensors the wires came from. on the first distributor it ran fine for a day. then i had CYP sensor problems. car would limp i just turn off and back on. then i got another dizzy and worked fine after i realised i swapped positive and ground lol.

if you look at the above and think in the way that between obd2 and obd1 they just made it one plug. you can depin obd1 and put it in the same slot on the obd2 and power goes to the bottom 2 holes.
SOHCpower is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2009, 03:31 PM   #10 (permalink)
D-series lover

thanks bro some great advice there, still a little confused about the de pinning?? do i have to de pin anything? i cut my plug off my obd2a dizzy and cut a plug off my obd1 spare harness..these are what im working with..i no what you mean they look simular just confused about the de plugging and if i have to do so
Old 06-22-2009, 10:03 AM   #11 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

the middle plug obd2 is missing the speed output wire what do i do about that????
blazindominican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-22-2009, 10:37 AM   #12 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 15 vtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to allvtec_bomber is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I just swap my y8 dizzy internals over into the z6 dizzy housing.
vtec_bomber is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in