Have an issue.. - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2009, 08:40 AM   #1 (permalink)
n00b

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default Have an issue..

Here goes,

Got a new Dizzy installed. wouldnt start, turned over like it wanted to but didnt start. soooooooo i took it to the shop and of course they got it runniong, but car feels lazy and now my oil light is on, comes to find out. i looked thru a few forums on here about the FIRING order and this is what it supposed to look like..

Proper firing order for d16z6..

ok now this is my d16z6..

obviously it's in the wrong firing order but the car runs and starts this way........... the wires look sloppy first of all..

so i then go and place the wires in it's proper firing order. the car cranks but will not start..

any ideas. got new cap and rotor too.. HELP PLease....
eg6b20r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2009, 09:53 AM   #2 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 13 meccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regularmeccael is obviously a regular
Send a message via AIM to meccael Send a message via MSN to meccael

Take your number one plug out, and your distributor cap off. Get a long screwdriver or dowel, and make sure your piston is at TDC - top dead center. Now go look at your rotor and tell me if it's pointing in the number 1 firing position...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
meccael is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2009, 01:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

Rotate the wire orders 180 on the cap
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2009, 10:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
n00b

what do you mean rotate 180? like half a full turn?
Old 05-24-2009, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

put them on right if they are not
Old 05-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
n00b

i did, i put the wires in it's proper firing order like in the 1st pic. i then tried to start the car with the wire being in proper position and engine would not start.. ..
Old 05-24-2009, 11:20 PM   #7 (permalink)
Formally D_Tuned

Rep Power: 19 Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!Tw34k is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 13 reviews

are the injector wires in the proper order?
Old 05-24-2009, 11:32 PM   #8 (permalink)
n00b

Injector wires. they were never removed at all or even looked at. lol..... all this happened after my old dizzy went to shit. got a new one replaced it myself, put it back the way the old one was and it wouldnt start from there. took it to the shop and they got it to start but with putting the spark plug wires in the wrong firing order i guess. bcuz the car came back to me the way u see it in pic #2..
Old 05-25-2009, 02:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
SOHCitTOem is hot as a volcanoSOHCitTOem is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 20 reviews

Did you force the dizzy in? the slot is offset in the cam, so if there is A LOT of resistence never force it in.
SOHCitTOem is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2009, 05:04 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 17 sql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow upsql_civic is about to blow up
iTrader Score: 31 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by meccael View Post
Take your number one plug out, and your distributor cap off. Get a long screwdriver or dowel, and make sure your piston is at TDC - top dead center. Now go look at your rotor and tell me if it's pointing in the number 1 firing position...
What he said...

sql_civic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2009, 12:33 AM   #11 (permalink)
n00b

it actually went in smooth.. i noticed the fork part thing of the dizzy goes in one way only.. so yea it went in smooth. well the d16 is due for a new oil pump. oil light is on while driving.. and new timing belt and water. ima do that and see where i end up from there will keep you all posted. ill make sure it's in proper firing order.. now i told a buddy of mines that the wires are basically on wrong and it runs, but not like it normally does all peppy and stuff. he mentioned that maybe they reversed the compression? wut the hell does that mean?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in