Stock injetors with boost.... why does it run so good - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2009, 07:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....
iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Send a message via AIM to siregcivic
Default Stock injetors with boost.... why does it run so good

im running a d15z1 block with a z6 head and an a6 headgasket, its around 7.6:1

im running stock injetors because the guy i got the kit from is taking forever to get my 440's and i dont really have any money to buy any more injectors..

but it runs great running a t3 t4 .57 ebay turbo with an external wastegate with an 8 pound spring...

im using crome free to tune with boost tools and im pulling .8 degrees per psi and i added 130 percent for fuel effeciency...

they are hitting about 100 percent injector duty around 4.5 psi and i was keeping it under that for the first week, and its still running fine no problems. but the other day i got pissed some bitch cut me off so i punched it 2nd through 4th hit 8psi and it didnt creep or anything, no boost cutting out, no nothing, ran like i had 440's

i was just wondering is it normal to run like that or is it a ticking time bomb, which im sure it is lmfao, i dont plan on punching it much just it was my extra motor and i didnt have one so i threw it in but was too slow without boost...

any ideas?

and anyone have any 440s for cheap cuz im broke as fuck

SOBER TILL ITS OVER
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
can you tell me how to hook up a vtech switch?
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
but if i hook up the vtech i can have it at like whatever rpms i want right?
like vtech all the time? will it pop louder?
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
siregcivic is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2009, 08:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Classic Man

Rep Power: 59 FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !FarmerD is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 6 reviews

what afr is your wide band reporting?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Ford
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.
FarmerD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2009, 08:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 13 mondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to allmondo9psi is a name known to all
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to mondo9psi

dude me too, i'm running 8psi on stock injectors and fuel pump, my shit runs rich when in boost idk if thats good or bad but then again, i dont have wideband, just pos narrow

Old 05-18-2009, 08:59 PM   #4 (permalink)
wise in the ways of the D

Rep Power: 11 fuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regularfuse is obviously a regular
iTrader Score: 8 reviews

I think the stock fuel pressure regulator dose add a bit of psi under boost. Not as much as a fmu.

Still sounds like asking for trouble.
Neptune dealer, Crome dealer, turbo edit, bre, nistune, street tunes, dyno tunes, ecu chipping obdo and obd1, ecu repairs, no basemaps, homemade conversion harnesses, homemade led gauge clusters, in co springs. Chips In stock ecus in stock with trade in discounts. Email
or pm
fuse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 01:17 AM   #5 (permalink)

siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....siregcivic is almost there....

hahahah scary thing, i let another buddy borrow the wideband and he still has it and i cant get ahold of him either lol..

i have the fuel pressure regulator unhooked and i have my bov vacume line where it used to be...

im hoping i get my 440's soon because i really dont like driving it on stock injectors... i dont have an fmu or anything like that... im tuning with crome ima pull the plugs tomorrow and see what they look like but it runs pretty good, i havent punched it for a while now, i took it out all night tonight no problems, just kept it out of boost and only hit low boost if i had to...

but i was just wondering, because they are at 100 percent duty cycle and i thougth they would shut off after that but they didnt...

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
i want it on the new steering wheel i got at pep boys. have you seen it its sick!
Quote:
Just hook it up to a clapper and slap yourself in the face everytime you race......
Old 05-19-2009, 05:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Hi hater!

Rep Power: 39 Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !Boosted-EH-804 is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 47 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Boosted-EH-804

Its not that they will shut off its the rate at which they are pulsing. There fine for now but you will eventually exhaust those little guys and they will either get stuck open or close hopes its open. Just take it easy till you get the 440's your asking for trouble especially at 8psi.

Boosted-EH-804 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all

Stock injectors can do 160-170 whp fairly easily. 220-230 if you bump the static pressure up to 60psi or so.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty35 View Post
Stock injectors can do 160-170 whp fairly easily. 220-230 if you bump the static pressure up to 60psi or so.
Even with a really low BSFC, 220whp would just barely scrape by with 60psi of fuel pressure and 100% duty cycle. I find this a little hard to believe.

Read My Stuff:

ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #9 (permalink)

yea i dont give it gas very often, honestly the only reason why i put the turbo on is i wanted some extra power, if i could get a different wastegate spring for my ebay wastegate and get it to open at 4psi i would be happy, im not really trying to race around or anything like that, im just used to driving a type r hatch around, and having a civic that is slow as shit kinda sucks, so i had to give it some power

but yea ill post some pics of my setup in the showcase section when i clean it up its just a basic ebay kit, ebay manifold, ebay t3 t4 thats over a year old and doesnt smoke ebay intercooler and ebay greddy bov and ebay jdm external wastegate...

lol ebay is cheap and it works but like i said im not trying to go super fast just wanted some extra power and i was suprised that it didnt start missing or anything, it ran like a champ

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #10 (permalink)
D-series post SLUT

Rep Power: 16 shifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to allshifty35 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd4114 View Post
Even with a really low BSFC, 220whp would just barely scrape by with 60psi of fuel pressure and 100% duty cycle. I find this a little hard to believe.
I'm not saying it's a safe, or smart thing to do...

Just saying, it's been done.
'90 Mazda Miata - Weekend Fun Car
'04 Toyota Prius - Wife / family car
shifty35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 32 reviews

Quote:
word.. same with a set of 440s doing 400+ whp. but like you, i would not recommend it.

99EJ6T is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 11:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

Quote:
I'm not saying it's a safe, or smart thing to do...

Ah, I must have misinterpreted your post.

Read My Stuff:

ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 12:21 PM   #13 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

The problem is the duty cycle of the injectors. Anything over 80% is risking injector failure.
Reboticon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 45 99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !99EJ6T is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboticon View Post
Anything over 80% is risking injector failure.
damn, really?!?! god i wish i knew this before!!!

Old 05-19-2009, 12:23 PM   #15 (permalink)
D-series G0D

ok, sorry. i could not help myself. its been a bad day.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reboticon View Post
The problem is the duty cycle of the injectors. Anything over 80% is risking injector failure.
yea i knew that... i always try to keep my injectors lower then 80 percent duty cycle, i have heard that if you run them at a high duty cycle you can burn them up over a period of time

BUTTTTTTTTT

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

got ahold of my buddy that i sold my old turbo hatch to and he had the 440's laying around and said i can use them until the guy i got the turbo from gives me them and i got a resistor box today with both connectors so its gonna be plug n play im freaking happy now i dont have to worry about half assing it anymore

SOBER TILL ITS OVER

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-19-2009, 05:24 PM   #17 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

How are you risking injector failure if the injectors are open longer than 80% DC?

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2009, 08:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

bumpp
blade0314 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in