Emissions Question... - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 06:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to Dangles
Default Emissions Question...

Myself and another friend have been having trouble passing the ontario emissions testing... Now we have sorta figured something out... We thought that the injectors are controlled by the ecu now if we were to unplug one wire it would run lean and cause it to mis fire. Will this effect and reduce our emissions levels since one of the injectors are unplugged?
Any input to this will be greatful!
Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-12-2009, 06:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
D-series lover

Send a message via MSN to Dangles

Also we have to check engine light taken out... and they as in the shop don't read the computer ecu, just what comes out of the exhaust.

Last edited by Dangles; 05-12-2009 at 07:16 PM.
Dangles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 09:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 22 cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!cmgreen50 is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 2 reviews

this thread fuckin sucks

how stupid do you think they are that they wont notice the check engine light doesnt come on with the key on bulb test?

Quote:
The problem is, my need for speed exceeds the need to save the earth.
Quote:
WELL FINE! I'LL JUST GO EAT THE SHIT OUTTA MY OREO'S THEN!
cmgreen50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 11:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
D-series lover

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Thats a pretty dumb idea man.

Just diagnose the car properly and try to make it pass correctly.

Turning off 1 injector and unplugging the check light bulb will def not slove your problem.
TAYZAAH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Brokedick Millionaire

Rep Power: 108 transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !transzex is on a level you can only DREAM about! ! !
iTrader Score: 59 reviews

What part are you failing?????

My DX (your CX) passed our standards without a CAT until I spoke up. When retested I passed ULEV VX standards.

Yeah, it was awesome......hope to motor still wants to live again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patprimmer RIP
I will always feed an inquisitive mind, prod a lazy noob and blast a disrespectful bum.
transzex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 12:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
D-series lover

God, that's one reason...probably the only...why living in ND rocks. No emission testing.
OMGVtec is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 04:56 AM   #7 (permalink)
D-series lover

Rep Power: 11 boosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enoughboosted_zc will become famous soon enough
iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGVtec View Post
God, that's one reason...probably the only...why living in ND rocks. No emission testing.
Same thing in Michigan, if they bring it back i'm screwed. I think the only car that would pass is my wifes CRV. Both of my Civics are modded with no cats and my F-250 might pass if i'm lucky.
boosted_zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2009, 08:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
All powerful D-series member

Rep Power: 20 ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
ddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcanoddd4114 is hot as a volcano
iTrader Score: 7 reviews
Send a message via ICQ to ddd4114 Send a message via AIM to ddd4114 Send a message via MSN to ddd4114 Send a message via Yahoo to ddd4114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangles View Post
Will this effect and reduce our emissions levels since one of the injectors are unplugged?
It will make them worse.

The CEL is the first thing to diagnose.

Read My Stuff:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ddd4114 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 03:01 AM   #9 (permalink)
D-Series cadet

Rep Power: 11 MEERVINCENT is learning the way of the DMEERVINCENT is learning the way of the D
iTrader Score: 5 reviews

yeah unplugging an injector will fail it hard core lol if the cars are just up for sticker renual just do the 450 repair cost limit it includes the labour involved in dianosis
MEERVINCENT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 03:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
FF Misfit

Rep Power: 26 boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!boostdelinquent is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 24 reviews
Send a message via AIM to boostdelinquent Send a message via MSN to boostdelinquent Send a message via Yahoo to boostdelinquent

What modifications if any are done to the car? Does it have a swap from one D to another? If so is it the right ECU? When was the last tune-up? We all need this info before any legit suggestions can be made.
That's b/c he is a BAMF son haven't you seen his other threads? He drinks cocktails all day long and sits by the pool. That whole "chuck norris is a badass" thing is a true story based off of Jakes life.

You don't know? Better ask somebody.
boostdelinquent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-14-2009, 10:02 AM   #11 (permalink)
Poop Sock

wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....wizard's blood Still a JDM Star....
iTrader Score: 34 reviews
Send a message via AIM to wizard's blood

Quote:
Originally Posted by transzex View Post
What part are you failing?????

My DX (your CX) passed our standards without a CAT until I spoke up. When retested I passed ULEV VX standards.

Yeah, it was awesome......hope to motor still wants to live again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddd4114 View Post
It will make them worse.

The CEL is the first thing to diagnose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostdeliquent View Post
What modifications if any are done to the car? Does it have a swap from one D to another? If so is it the right ECU? When was the last tune-up? We all need this info before any legit suggestions can be made.
dangels where you at? you have questions to answer...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in