d15b7 overheating?need help - D-series.org

Go Back   D-series.org Motor Mayhem & Suspension Satisfaction Engine Management

D-Series.org is the premier Honda All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2009, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
D-series soldier

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Default d15b7 overheating?need help

i have a 1989 honda civic and i did a mpfi swap about 3 weeks ago and now the the car is over heating???the upper hose on the radiator gets really hot and the lower one stay cool it doesn't even get hot???so does that mean my thermenstat is bad?????and another problem is that the cooling fan is not coming on???
built zc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
()*#$(*$

Rep Power: 0 The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
The_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edgeThe_Acid_Beaver is off the edge
iTrader Score: 28 reviews
Send a message via AIM to The_Acid_Beaver

Did you install a thermostat? if not, replace it. Also, check to see if your waterpump is flowing by removing the cap (BEFORE THE ENGINE IS WARM) and seeing if the coolant flows. If not, you might have a bad waterpump. Have you mixed the coolant correctly or used pre-mix? Check your fan switch and fan itself.

I don't give a damn about my bad reputation.

RTFM. No, really. Do it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
The_Acid_Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 04:42 AM   #3 (permalink)
D-series soldier

Rep Power: 13 vadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eaglevadimqwe is fly like an eagle
iTrader Score: 4 reviews

i had the same problem, it turned out my thermostat and I had air bubble in my engine.
vadimqwe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
D-series G0D

Rep Power: 26 NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!NeonPinHead is the fucking MAN!!!!
iTrader Score: 51 reviews

Start with replacing the thermostat and thermostat gasket it's not a very expensive repair. Only 2 10mm bolts and a little bit of spilled coolant. Also buy a new radiator cap while you're at it. This is all cheap insurance. if that doesn't solve the problem you could need a new water pump. about the radiator fan, if your temp gauge is going above half way the fan should come on at this point, you can try hooking up the fan directly to the battery to check that it's not the problem. Also check all your fuses and relays.

NeonPinHead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2009, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
D-series soldier

no i didn't replaced the thermostat??? i check the fan its good!! i checked the fuse its good i even replaced it jus to be safe??where is the realy at because i can't find it?????
Old 05-13-2009, 01:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
D-series soldier

the cooling fan comes on it works great now!! it was the fan switch that was bad thanks for the help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the D-series.org forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in